Star Trek Into Darkness (The Big Bad Star Trek (X)II Thread)

John Crichton

I think that's purely a case when a TV series makes the plunge to film for the first time. Even so, that hasn't happened for anything major in decades, unless you count stuff like Pokemon: The Movie.

Yeah, but these new teenagers aren't even doing fun things while not watching a movie.

They are staring at their screens!

Also back on topic, what are the odds the American trailer coming out Tuesday will have Michael Giacchino's music over it?

blume you failed on Star Trek the Voyage Home, they do indeed Voyage Home, it gets a check mark.

and clearly in 1979 Star Trek the Motion Picture was title such because it was a tv series going to film, which was a very very rare event at the time.

New clip from the movie:

[Edit] Going from the clip to looking at the terrible images in the news right now, something tells me Into Darkness may get delayed due to its story.

How would a bombing in Boston effect the release of a science fiction movie about humans and aliens traveling around the galaxy?

This film will not get delayed, nor will any other. Its a tragic event, but unless something larger unravels I severely doubt any movies will be delayed because of it.

The public goes ape shit over anything remotely similar to real events in the media. Phone Booth was delayed like a year because of the Montgomery County snipers. Gangster Squad wasn't only delayed, but rewritten and reshot because of the Colorado theater shooting.

Regardless of what it is, I'll never understand the need to censor artistic expression because something similar just so happened to occur recently in the real world. It's a movie.

The last Batman film didn't delay it's premier. They respectfully toned down the pomp and circumstance but the film still opened on time.

Going by the previews, Iron Man 3 would face a similar issue as well, but Trek is a month away from opening so I can't see them putting the brakes on a big summer flick.

Nothing, because the Dark Knight shooting happened in a theather when the film had already been released. Unless he's referring to something else.

On STID: I have read some spoilers and things and the story of the film doesn't seem to be simple and I can't quite figure it out. I wonder what's going on in the film :blink:

Well, here's the new trailer!

I'm at work so can't listen, can someone please comment on the music used?

Looks like a fucking awesome action-packed thrill ride!

I'm sure all the long-time Trekkies will be referring to it as STINO though....

the boston bombing should not effect any of the summers film releases. there is no apparent connection.

Wow, what is even going on...looks like it could be quite good. I'm definitely done now, though; no new videos until I actually see the film.

So the new Enterprise wasn't big enough, they had to create a Starfleet ship even larger. These filmmakers clearly chose the wrong era of Trek to dabble in.

This was my most anticipated film of the summer before this trailer, I think I may have Cumberbatched my pants.

This was my most anticipated film of the summer before this trailer, I think I may have Cumberbatched my pants.

meaning?

What happened that would cause The Dark Knight Rises to have been delayed?

The Aurora shooting at the midnight showing last year.