The Official Varese Sarabande Thread

Charlie Brigden

To those of you who pass up on BTTF 3, MEH to you. I for one bought BTTF 3.

I'd love to get Chain Reaction but right now I've got to be choosy on what to buy.

So you can be choosy, but others being choosy is 'meh'?

I remember your reaction to people passing on the first one.

Ordered BTTF3.

I was in two frames of mind though about who to order this through as Intrada is not only selling Pt2 but Pt3 as well. However, they state they're not shipping Pt3 until November.

Ordered BTTF3.

I was in two frames of mind though about who to order this through as Intrada is not only selling Pt2 but Pt3 as well. However, they state they're not shipping Pt3 until November.

Part 3 is shipping the week of October 26th....how is that November?

Ordered BTTF3.

Part 3 is shipping the week of October 26th....how is that November?

He is ordering from Intrada...

Actually, I ordered mine from Varese because I want it sooner rather than later and I didn't want to wait until November which is when Intrada will be shipping their copies out.

• 3 weeks later...

About Starship Troopers, Ford A. Thaxton posted this, on Oct 27th, on FSM message boards:

As the old saying goes 'All Good Things come to those who Wait..."

I think this might appear sooner then later.

Ford A. Thaxton

Source: http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?forumID=1&pageID=6&threadID=110192&archive=0

So he almost confirms this one is coming (yes, like Winter...).

Well, I want to see between the words that he did post because he knows. He's a producer + he met Poledouris' daughter recently...

About Starship Troopers, Ford A. Thaxton posted this, on Oct 27th, on FSM message boards:

As the old saying goes 'All Good Things come to those who Wait..."

I think this might appear sooner then later.

Ford A. Thaxton

Source: http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?forumID=1&pageID=6&threadID=110192&archive=0

So he almost confirms this one is coming (yes, like Winter...).

Taken literally, it'd mean that there will be one release soon and another one later... ;)

12140738_446845212174436_335145507597849
NOW SHIPPING!
Back To The Future 3 EXPANDED, Chain Reaction EXPANDED and Where The River Runs Black Encore Edition are now shipping! Please give us 2 weeks before inquiring about your order. Once shipped you WILL receive a shipping confirmation email. To order - http://tinyurl.com/pptcztv

https://www.facebook.com/varesesarabanderecords/photos/a.207302096128750.1073741832.190580891134204/446845212174436/

From Robert Townson's FB page

CD CLUB coming Monday, November 16. No grails or Deluxe Editions this time but a few Encores that have a bit of a connection. See you Monday!

Karol

The Goonies, Ghostbusters and Joe VS. the Volcano would be great ENCORE titles, only if a serious remastering is done (for the last 2)...

Isn't the ENCORE line just used for old OST programs?

Oh boy, you're probably right about it now I think about it, Jay!

EDIT: I would love ENCORE of the JW titles you quoted Jay. But ... they would need a *real* remastering, not a wall-of-sound type of remastering.

I'll take THE GREAT TRAIN ROBBERY for example: the VS CD was remastered but the sound was just horrible, while the Intrada edition has a natural, beautiful sound.

Well, we'll see about on Monday!

And the releases are:

Spies Like Us - Encore Edition (Elmer Bernstein) (1000 copies)

North and South - Highlights from the Original Television Soundtrack (Bill Conti) (1000 copies)

1985 at the Movies - Autographed Edition (250 copies) (Autographed by David Newman & Robert Townson)

1985 at the Movies (Unlimited)

Nothing for me, then. Phew!

Here's hoping for a great traditional Club Batch to end the year! The December batches in 2014 and 2013 were awesome!

• 2 months later...

An international trio of scores and composers make up the newest batch of Limited Edition CDs from Varèse Sarabande, being announced Monday, February 1 on the Varèse website. See you then!

https://www.facebook.com/robert.townson.16/posts/1669873259942201

• 4 weeks later...

CD CLUB LEAP YEAR!

We'll be celebrating the leap year and the extra day we get on Monday, February 29 by announcing a new batch of CD Club titles! Four new titles coming! See you then!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1679063125689881&set=a.1392074731055390.1073741841.100007586280737&type=3&theater

19 minutes ago, crocodile said:

So these are proper club releases, not those other limited editions?

Karol

Yes.  We know 2 of the 4 are Silvestri's Volcano and Horner's Cocoon: The Return thanks to D2 Mastering again

I'd say it's one of the best Varese 30-minuters in terms of presenting a varied selection of music.

But there are lots of lower key bits left off (isn't that always the case), plus almost the entire final demolition sequence.

• 2 months later...

Facebook post from Robert Townson.

CD CLUB TIME!
The Varèse Sarabande CD Club returns with a very special new batch being announced on May 9. Five new titles in total ... four from Varèse and one from Masters Film Music! We have a great film music celebration planned. The titles will be announced and available for ordering on our web site, and also be posted here. https://www.varesesarabande.com/

On 2/5/2016 at 2:18 PM, Jay said:

I hope another is Air Force One or Starship Troopers!

No hope for a Williams?

I mean those that Varese owns in perpetuity or whatever.

Allegedly the Club titles for next week were accidentally published on a banner via Facebook earlier today; did anyone manage to see it before it was removed?

Yes I saw it.  Only 3 out of 5 were in the ad: Spartacus, Volcano, Starship Troopers.