The Official Varese Sarabande Thread

Charlie Brigden

30 minutes ago, I Need About Tree Fiddy said:

Do you have an odometer on your bike, do you track yourself using a map app, or is this just an estimate?

An estimate based on collected map app data. Currently just for work I bike between 43 and 46 km per day. A bit less last summer.

I try to get 3 years out of my cell phone these days.  The era of 2 year cell phones is over

1 hour ago, Jay said:

I try to get 3 years out of my cell phone these days.  The era of 2 year cell phones is over

This July will mark three years on this phone. 

I got just over 2 years on my iPhone 6.  Got the iPhone 7 Plus just the other day because the charge connection wasn't working well and the screen was coming off a bit.

Of course you don't use apps on your phone if its from 2011!  Apps on a modern phone can be extremely productive.

• 2 months later...

Yeah this was the poster for this year's edition of FMF festival.

I couldn't be bothered to go. Howard Shore was there... but... I just didn't care...

Karol

• 2 months later...
33 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Karol - who ordered this in a heartbeat... along with Stanley & Iris

Just ordered!

I love the suite on the Herrmann NPSO comp I have and I'm something of a budding Herrmann collector these days.

I have regrettably missed the big Herrmann box they did some years ago. So if they keep releasing single discs like this (that were already present on that set) I'll be really happy. And very grateful. :)

Karol

I'll have to pick this one up. Hopefully it won't sell out in a day.

10 hours ago, Muldoon said:

ScreenArchives still has it.

Forget it. It's gone!

I wasn't fast enough.

Which means I didn' get a copy. Oh well. Next time.

Thanks. I should have scoured more widely through the jungles of internet retailers to find it. :)

Heh heh, the info that loads automatically from Gracenote when I inserted the CD to my computer is still tagged as from the album "Bernard Herrmann at 20th Century Fox - Journey to the Center of the Earth," it even has it as disc 13 of 14.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm probably going to pick up the new deluxe edition of the Popeye soundtrack.  Not one of Altman's best, but I'm a big fan of Harry Nilsson and it's cool to have all the demos on disc 2.

https://www.varesesarabande.com/products/popeye-deluxe-edition

PopeyeDeluxe_grande.jpg?v=1500493183

• 1 month later...

I don't see why Varese needs to do these - digital releases for scores of this scale can't be difficult to put out by other independent labels.

Varese has far more important work to do with getting their older club releases out.