The Official Varese Sarabande Thread

Charlie Brigden

Clues have arrived:

Here are some hints for the two CD Club titles we have dropping on Friday. Let's see if you can crack these.

Image may contain: 4 people, people sitting

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting

https://www.facebook.com/varesesarabanderecords/posts/1517363671789246

Holy cow, the second picture could absolutely be for Brainstorm!  WOW!

For the first 2 Scream scores, Varese put out a 30 minute album of music from both scores together in 1998, then later a Deluxe Edition (65 mins) of the first score in 2011 and a Deluxe Edition (77 mins) of the second score in 2016

For Scream 3, Varese put out a 32 minute OST album in 2000, so fans are expecting a Deluxe Edition eventually (I believe the complete score is around 90 minutes?)

For Scream 4, Varese put out a 51 minute OST album in 2011, and being a post-2005 score it would be unlikely that it would get a DE, especially before Scream 3.  The session leak is 87 1/2 minutes

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

For Scream 3, Varese put out a 32 minute OST album in 2000, so fans are expecting a Deluxe Edition eventually (I believe the complete score is around 90 minutes?)

For Scream 4, Varese put out a 51 minute OST album in 2011, and being a post-2005 score it would be unlikely that it would get a DE, especially before Scream 3

I agree that Scream 4 is less likely than 3 for the reasons you mention, but I also can't help noticing that it's four kids screaming :lol:

I'm guessing for these clues they just type the film's titles into getty images or some generic public domain image searcher, and post whatever comes up first or at least relatively early in the search

These could be what pop up if you type "brainstorm" and "scream 3" into one of those image searchers

I bought the first Scream expansion, and the second one basically only for the Elfman tracks.  Kind of diminishing returns, scorewise, in that series IIRC.  If it's one of them, I'll relisten to the OSTs to see if I want more.

5 hours ago, Jay said:

His name is Bryon, not Byron

1601490666868.jpg

43 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Personally, I think the camaraderie and rapport here generally stays more affable than FSM.

Anyplace WITHOUT Ford Thaxton or Bruce Kimmel is is bound to be better.😉

They made FOUR SCREAMS?!

I saw the first two and enjoyed them . enuf for this boy!😁

47 minutes ago, Jay said:

I'm guessing for these clues they just type the film's titles into getty images or some generic public domain image searcher, and post whatever comes up first or at least relatively early in the search

These could be what pop up if you type "brainstorm" and "scream 3" into one of those image searchers

That image is among the first results as you scroll here:

https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/brainstorm?family=creative&license=rf&phrase=brainstorm&sort=mostpopular#license

On 9/29/2020 at 11:40 AM, Jay said:

I would speculate that Intrada has asked, and Disney said nah, we'll keep that one to ourselves

They've continulally re-released the OST with different bonus tracks (the old songs re-sung by current pop/rock artists) over the years

It’s still crazy to me that they managed to release that score the way they did. Made the entire Elfman box worth it for me. That film/score was integral to my childhood. 

36 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Brainstorm would be fantastic. Absolutely essential Horner, probably one of his finest. And I have yet to own a single album release of this.

This (not counting the CDR I do have).

14 minutes ago, publicist said:

So LSO and Hollywood sessions, please? This is such a brilliant re-recording, having only the US recording (Wallin probably) would do the score a huge disservice.

I bet it's both, maybe even on one disc. :)

Karol

Out of my shrinking collection of foot warmers, the only score released by Varese and still missing a deluxidation is Frizzell's Dante's Peak. A middling score to begin with, but it does have some good pieces that didn't make the OST. So if that one is somewhere in the pipe, that would be swell.

10 hours ago, Kühni said:

Out of my shrinking collection of foot warmers, the only score released by Varese and still missing a deluxidation is Frizzell's Dante's Peak. A middling score to begin with, but it does have some good pieces that didn't make the OST. So if that one is somewhere in the pipe, that would be swell.

Bryon mentioned that that's one they want to do. I absolutely love this score to bits, and can't wait for it to eventually get the Deluxe treatment - I get excited every time they announce another batch, that it might be Dante's time. Not many more Varese 30-minuters that I'm after - Sphere is the other one that comes to mind.

The main highlight that didn't make the OST, and is strangely missing from the 'foot warmer', is the first cue when the volcano starts erupting. (the bit after that, when they drive through traffic, and through the river, is on the boot)

1 hour ago, Richard Penna said:

The main highlight that didn't make the OST, and is strangely missing from the 'foot warmer', is the first cue when the volcano starts erupting.

Ex-actly. I'm also a volcanologist, so I may be doubly biased... ;)

2 hours to go until we learn what the club titles are, but in the meantime:

Prepare yourselves. SHOCTOBER is back for 2020! Starting tomorrow, dozens of new products will go on sale, including many titles down to their final copies. The Shoctober sale collection will only feature in the U.S. since this is mostly main warehouse stuff, but where the product is mirrored in the international site the albums will be on sale there as well.

The link to the sale page will be released at 10 AM PST in conjunction with the CD Club announcement.

Image may contain: 2 people

https://www.facebook.com/varesesarabanderecords/photos/a.207302096128750/1518331941692419/

lol we were so sure of our guesswork.  I'm kind of happy about it not being Scream 3, because I'm sure that was an eventual $20 gone from my pocket.  I'm happy for the people who got into HTTYD.  Try as I might it just never worked well for me.