The Official Varese Sarabande Thread

Charlie Brigden

1 minute ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Skittles: The Movie

Gutter: The Movie

There, I solved it. You're welcome.

Along Came A Spider?

The "Itsy bitsy spider went up the water spout" song is a completely different song from the "Little Miss Muffet sat on a tuffet eating her curds and whey, along came a spider who sat down beside her and frightened Miss Muffet away" song

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

The "Itsy bitsy spider went up the water spout" song is a completely different song from the "Little Miss Muffet sat on a tuffet eating her curds and whey, along came a spider who sat down beside her and frightened Miss Muffet away" song

Maybe its the same Spider ;)

I actually think it's likely that one of the titles could be Along Came A Spider, because Varese is going through their Varese perpetuity Goldsmith titles at a pretty good clip; Perhaps the clue-selector conflated the two songs when thinking about a clue image.

I have no idea what an open bag of skittles could represent, other than Matinee candy, but they wouldn't do two Goldsmith's in one batch, I don't think

Skittles = Rainbow? Taste? (you know, from the advert).

Could it be HEARTBURN (a reference to the Itsy Bitsy Spider song, from Carly Simon)?

9 minutes ago, Falco said:

Maybe its the same Spider ;)

If it is, it's a fucking rude spider.

Brainstorm...

(Varese have brought this upon themselves...)

I'm going to be overly optimistic and point out that volcanic ash can collect in a gutter, therefore it must be Dante's Peak. Yeah, right..... :P

2 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

Doesn’t the song go “Along came a spider, up the water spout. Then down came the rain and washed the spider out...”

This is really the lamest of Jerry's 'Score's in the mail by tomorrow' actioners. It's less his fault, it's just that kind of lame movie, so please, let it remain in obscurity.

Could those be M&Ms rather than Skittles?  If so, surely the iron fist of Mike Matessino must be involved in this / these upcoming release(s). The guttering is an obvious clue to The Manitou by Lalo Schifrin, because both words contain the letter 'u'.

22 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

Doesn’t the song go “Along came a spider, up the water spout. Then down came the rain and washed the spider out...”

No.

"The itsy bitsy spider
Went up the water spout
Down came the rain and
Washed the spider out
Out came the sun
And dried up all the rain
Now the itsy bitsy spider
Went up the spout again"

2 minutes ago, Falco said:

No.

"The itsy bitsy spider
Went up the water spout
Down came the rain and
Washed the spider out
Out came the sun
And dried up all the rain
Now the itsy bitsy spider
Went up the spout again"

Ah yes, how could I forget the itsy bitsy part. 

1 hour ago, Koray Savas said:

Ah yes, how could I forget the itsy bitsy part. 

Especially since I already posted it

4 hours ago, Jay said:

That would be taking the tenuous nature of their clues to epic new levels.

Someone on FSM suggested Revell's Power Rangers for the first one. I'm more than struggling to understand how they get there from some skittles.

1 hour ago, Richard Penna said:

That would be taking the tenuous nature of their clues to epic new levels.

Someone on FSM suggested Revell's Power Rangers for the first one. I'm more than struggling to understand how they get there from some skittles.

The colours I would assume

So, Bryon..

Has anybody.guessed the title(s)?

You can tell us that. At least. 😎

Fyi

for those who guessed CANDYMAN.

PHILIP GLASS releases his scores on.his own.label ORANGE MOUNTAIN.

That's been done

So the picture of skittles was a reference to their "taste the rainbow" slogan, for the film The Serpent and the Rainbow scored by Brad Feidel

https://www.varesesarabande.com/products/serpent-and-the-rainbow-the-deluxe-edition-2-cd-set

The picture of the waterspout was presumably a reference to the "itsy bitsy spider" song, even though "Along Came A Spider" is a reference to a different song

https://www.varesesarabande.com/products/jerry-goldsmith-along-came-a-spider-music-from-the-motion-picture-cd

I will get Along Came A Spider, it has a sentimental value to me.

it’s the first date my wife and I went on.

10 minutes ago, Jay said:

So the picture of skittles was a reference to their "taste the rainbow" slogan, for the film The Serpent and the Rainbow scored by Brad Feidel

https://www.varesesarabande.com/products/serpent-and-the-rainbow-the-deluxe-edition-2-cd-set

The picture of the waterspout was presumably a reference to the "itsy bitsy spider" song, even though "Along Came A Spider" is a reference to a different song

https://www.varesesarabande.com/products/jerry-goldsmith-along-came-a-spider-music-from-the-motion-picture-cd

I know you don’t like them but I think these turned out to be great clues. Don’t want anything too obvious like a picture of Little Miss Muffet! These allow there to still be some surprise, and trickiness in figuring out the clues.

Yavar

8 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

I know you don’t like them but I think these turned out to be great clues. Don’t want anything too obvious like a picture of Little Miss Muffet! These allow there to still be some surprise, and trickiness in figuring out the clues.

Yavar

Some trick, I figured it out almost immediately! ;)

41 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

Give me a picture as a brainstorming session as a clue for an actual Brainstorm release, and I won't complain about it being too obvious. ;) 

1 hour ago, Yavar Moradi said:

Yavar

Well, the last two releases got two correct guesses out of four scores.

Sounds about right#