The Official Varese Sarabande Thread

Charlie Brigden

I wonder what time they will announce them? 

Varese had been sticking to the 12:00 pm pacific time but the last batch had already been announced before I  started my day.

• 1 month later...

The tombstone says "Eric Draven" which was the character in the first Crow movie so yea, looks like Revell's score is being Deluxed - or could be a box set of all the Crow scores or something

And for those who are wondering: A CD edition of the album is in the works, and we will share more information on it in the near future!

https://twitter.com/VareseSarabande/status/1415678670190964745

• 1 month later...

"We have 2 new CD Club titles we're very excited to announce this Friday. Hints coming later in the week as usual. Get ready."

https://www.facebook.com/varesesarabanderecords/posts/1769059776619633

Brainstorm and City Slickers please!

Their 2021 cadence:

1. Friday January 8th - Looney Tunes Back In Action & Babe
  2. Friday March 19th (10 weeks later) - Along Came A Spider & The Serpent and the Rainbow
  3. Friday April 30th (6 weeks later) - Lionheart & Knowing
  4. Friday June 11th (6 weeks later) - The Matrix and Paycheck
  5. Friday August 27th (11 weeks later) - ??? & ???

5 batches over 8 months is one batch every 1.6 months

Well anyone wanna bet the odds a Jerry Goldsmith score is included. 😉

Probably due for a complete Timeline or Hollowman.

I dunno, i could see the 3 Goldsmith's they already released this year being the only 3 they release in 2021 and they just coincidentally ended up coming out close together.  Who knows.

2 minutes ago, Amer said:

How to Train Your Dragon 2, Since Powell indicated this past week!!

Nah he said work starts soon and it's coming early next year.

2 minutes ago, Amer said:

Powell's post specifically said it was coming out on Back Lot Records.

3 minutes ago, Amer said:

I think the indication was that it would be 2022 alas... unless he meant 2022 was the sheet music and the album is... NOW! Crosses fingers.

Just now, Tom Guernsey said:

I think the indication was that it would be 2022 alas... unless he meant 2022 was the sheet music and the album is... NOW! Crosses fingers.

But no... still something to look forward to! I remember now, I think only the score for the first film was on Varese.

Just realized one of them is probably The Crow, mentioned above as coming to CD (the vinyl version is already out)

34 minutes ago, May the Force be with You said:

Hoping for Hollow Man or the 13th Warrior if a Goldsmith score is in the new batch

13th Warrior would be good. That’s a great score. Not sure I need more of the Hollow Man, although I’d get it anyway lol. Is there much missing from either of these? I know there’s a fair chunk missing from the unused Timeline. 

I for one am rooting for a complete "Timeline"! Sure, there was a leak of the complete score that has been around for ages, but I want a legit release of every note of Goldsmith's true final score (Looney Tunes wasn't 100% him, if I recall).

Maybe it’s The Reivers expanded release?  There are 10 copies for sale cheap on Discogs starting at $17.  

a couple months ago I noticed Eiger was on sale cheap there as well.  Maybe some folks with inside information 

I think it's pretty clear what these two releases will be.

Spoiler

Scores from two films that only a dozen people have seen, by two composers that 3 people have heard of.

Still super pumped though!

7 hours ago, Yavar Moradi said:

I mean, the remaining quarter hour + of 13th Warrior is essentially “more of the same” (just as with the unreleased music from Rudy so many people seem to want!) But when it’s a score as good as The 13th Warrior, “more of the same” isn’t really a bad thing. It’s all very solid stuff! Hope they get to it some day. But first…Medicine Man!

5 hours ago, scallenger said:

I for one am rooting for a complete "Timeline"! Sure, there was a leak of the complete score that has been around for ages, but I want a legit release of every note of Goldsmith's true final score (Looney Tunes wasn't 100% him, if I recall).

It's time for another "What Goldsmith do you want expanded next by Varese"-thread. But only after the next batch.

Clues: https://www.facebook.com/varesesarabanderecords/posts/1770001699858774

Here are the two clues for this Friday's CD Club titles. Who amongst you will crack the code and earn the Varèse admin's respect?

May be an image of outdoors

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'gettyimages® David Lees 50701878'

Second one is this image:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_Comedy#/media/File:Dante_Domenico_di_Michelino_Duomo_Florence.jpg

with this caption:

Dante shown holding a copy of the Divine Comedy, next to the entrance to Hell, the seven terraces of Mount Purgatory and the city of Florence, with the spheres of Heaven above, in Domenico di Michelino's 1465 fresco

1200px-Dante_Domenico_di_Michelino_Duomo

Airport? Looks like Dallas! 

And the painting reminds me of Dantes  Inferno related? Hmmm this should be easy to guess... :whistle:

The Airport is Indeed LOVE FIELD, Dallas. 

9 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

Aye, it's a painting by Domenico di Michelino

Wikipedia says: "Domenico's most famous work is the Comedy Illuminating Florence on the north wall of the cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, Florence. According to documents, the painting was commissioned on 30 January 1465 and was designed by Alesso Baldovinetti.[2] It shows Dante Alighieri presenting his famous poem, the Divine Comedy, to the city of Florence. Views of Hell, Mount Purgatory and Paradise appear in the background, all as described in the poem.

6 minutes ago, Amer said:

And the painting reminds me of Dantes  Inferno related? Hmmm this should be easy to guess... :whistle:

The painting includes depictions of all three parts of Divine Comedy (Inferno / Purgatorio / Paradiso), not just Inferno.

Inferno could be fire related so it mightbe a volcano and the central structure is conical.... And they already did Silvestri's VOLCANO. 

The first picture is of Dallas Love Field.  So, the title is probably the 1992 Jerry Goldsmith score to Love Field

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Field_(film)

Varese released the OST album in 1993 so they likely kept perpetuity rights.

5 minutes ago, Amer said:

Inferno could be fire related so it mightbe a volcano and the central structure is conical.... And they already did Silvestri's VOLCANO. 

The obvious result of that is Dante's Peak :) 

But could also be something Joe Dante related or something religious... From Hell, suggested on FB, feels too-obvious word play.

3 minutes ago, Amer said:

The point of the painting is that it depicts all three parts of Divine Comedy - Inferno/hell (the souls on the left), Purgatory (the 7 tiered mountain), and Paradise (the heavens above Florence on the left).

So, I doubt they'd use it for anything specific to one of the 3 parts.

There is unused music, alternates and few action cues missing from LOVE FIELD. Doug Fake talked about it on FSM years ago.