The Official Varese Sarabande Thread

Charlie Brigden

I'd agree that colour-wise, I, Robot fits better as there's far more blue/purple/turqoise (whatever it is). Presumed Innocent strikes me as being far more black, and dominated by Ford's face.

512WCKPNEEL._AC_SY780_.jpg

I, Robot would be a definite buy, not sure about Evolution as I really have no idea what's missing, even with a 30 minute OST.

We'll have a way better idea Wednesday anyway.

Powell scored Evolution like a cartoon.  Bloody delight, that score.  Also not sure what’s missing but if it’s a good amount, I’d be in.

I Robot would be a pass from me - OST is enough.  But there are enough actual Beltrami fans that would find that worthwhile, I think.  I’ll keep my fingers crossed for the Williams instead.

I did think at one point that the OST for I, Robot was enough for me, but there are quite a few smaller moments as well as a handful of nice action cues left off the album. I'm definitely not a Beltrami fan but I did find a lot to like in this score.

The OST is generous by Varese standards but only has around half the score and there is at least one alternate.

2 hours ago, Dr. Rick said:

That's what I'm thinking since we were teased on the latest LOJW preview for SpaceCamp they would be discussing SC as well as another score.

That's a solid theory.

Would be nice to see if its indeed Williams' PRESUMED INNOCENT -remastered and expanded. I never got the original cd so this would be welcomed in anycase.

I was just thinking about it after hearing the Horner tribute concert performance a few days ago. Where is this expansion -perhpas Intrada if not Varese?

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

As much as I would love the other side of the teaser to be true, it won't be. :D

image.png

Both Bourne Identity and Zorro would be legendary releases from Varese!

4 hours ago, Anthony said:

If the colour theory holds true (I believe it does), one has GOT to be The Bourne Identity.

The colours are definitely clues - I think you're definitely onto the winner here. Does the OST have a lot of missing music? I haven't seen the film for decades nor ever really listened to the score.

Picture clues tomorrow, then the releases drop Friday (6pm UK time I think, so 10am L.A.)

Although I still wish they'd do the drop on Thursday instead so the international store could actually get some units shipped before the weekend.

3 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

The colours are definitely clues - I think you're definitely onto the winner here. Does the OST have a lot of missing music? I haven't seen the film for decades nor ever really listened to the score.

There's definitely some worthwhile material that's missing - the film version of Escape From Embassy is better. The OST is also missing the finale in Greece.

Really, it's the least interesting Bourne score, but the one I'm most pumped for an expanded release of considering the other two have..."unmentionables" out there.

That said, there is a cue that appears in both Supremacy and Ultimatum (a different version of it) that has never been released, so I hope one day they both get expanded treatment too with that included. Both times the cue accompanies Jason visiting internet cafes! :D

3 minutes ago, May the Force be with You said:

0874A81B-416D-44E9-A24B-9CE678963243.jpeg

Definitly sounds like The Bourne Identity

How does this relate to The Bourne Identity?Because Jason Bourne's floating at the beginning of that movie? 

The second one is Halloween then?

Just now, Jaaaackified said:

How does this relate to The Bourne Identity?

The opening of The Bourne Identity shows a shot of Bourne floating in the sea. Great cinematography, IMHO.

1 minute ago, Jaaaackified said:

Because the movie starts with Bourne floating in the Mediterranean. Have you not seen the movie?

3 minutes ago, Jaaaackified said:

The second one is Halloween then?

If I recall correctly the movie begin with Jason Bourne body drifting at sea, unconscious

[edit: sorry for the simultaneous answers]

1 minute ago, A. A. Ron said:

Because the movie starts with Bourne floating in the Mediterranean. Have you not seen the movie?

I was actually thinking Ice Age: Continental Drift 

This is the opening for Bourne Identity. It's definitely that, and Presumed Innocent looks right as well.

A pass from me, but I've been buying quite a few other albums lately.

There is no scene in Presumed Innocent where a character holds another character at knife point. It's a legal drama.  The murder that the film is about happens off-screen before the movie begins.

The photo is here https://depositphotos.com/stock-photos/backing-away.html?qview=11980882

With the tag Murderer, holding a knife, face to face with a terrified woman in a basement

(on the off chance that we could figure out what terms they were using to search by)

Personally I don't expect the clues to be absolutely accurate. Apparently there's another Williams release to come very soon, this clue shows a woman being murdered which is basically what Presumed Innocent  is about so I suspect this.

Although of course it could be any slasher movie

I'm in two minds there - It would be nice to get Presumed out of the way, so to speak for those who want it, but given the apparently small amount of unreleased music, I can't help preferring Varese worked on scores with more unavailable material.

The murder in Presumed Innocent is also carried out with a hatchet, not a knife

31 minutes ago, Jay said:

The murder in Presumed Innocent is also carried out with a hatchet, not a knife

No spoilers!

2 hours ago, May the Force be with You said:

05AD06AF-7DC0-4EEE-845D-726A9DC77BB5.jpeg

And second is definitly Presumed Innocent

Mr. Williams, Murder can be fun!