The Official Varese Sarabande Thread

Charlie Brigden

1 hour ago, Jay said:

I'm guessing we can never expect a Williams Club title again, now that they've had Mike make definitive editions of all 3 Williams scores they own perpetuity rights to (Cowboys, Stanley & Iris, and Presumed Innocent).

So who would have Heartbeeps at the moment... or would that be up for grabs by another label at this point?

27 minutes ago, KittBash said:

So who would have Heartbeeps at the moment... or would that be up for grabs by another label at this point?

Little reason for Varese to get perpetuity rights for something they originally released strictly as a limited edition in the first place. Almost no Club premieres are held by them in perpetuity, which is why LLL was able to expand Magic for example.

A rare exception seems to possibly be The Ballad of Cable Hogue, since they’ve sold that for download.

Yavar

11 hours ago, publicist said:

Hollow Man? Botnick mentioned this a while ago.

I actually do hope it's this. Haven't got any release of that.

Shame about the sudden closure of their international store though...

Karol

It would be awesome if its HOLLOW MAN. With LLL's Goldsmith at Fox Vol 5 2CD set just released and HOLLOW MAN would be just terrific. And Intrada also a Goldsmith lined up so who knows...? 

Yeah, Hollow Man pretty likely based on the colours. Probably not a title for me as I rented the DVD with iso score but never really attached to it. One tidbit if you listen to the end of his commentary though, is that he says he'd like to score a sequel if it ever happened, so there's no ambiguity that he enjoyed doing this one.

I did think it could be 13th Warrior earlier, but the DVD colour on my phone and PC look a bit different, and the purpleish doesn't really work. I only mention that title as I relistened to the unreleased cues on YouTube a few weeks ago and it's jumped up my list a bit.

2 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Admittedly, it's not one of Jerry's finest achievements, but "Isabelle Comes Back" is a brilliant cue.

I do think it's one of his finest late career achievements.

On 12/09/2022 at 6:23 PM, EhTar said:

Should colors on the pic be a clue ?

May be an image of text that says "Varèse Sarabande CD Club"

I'm not quite sure how people get HOLLOW MAN from this.

11 hours ago, Corellian2019 said:

Am I the only one who is reminded of the opening credits from Basic Instinct when listening to the main theme from Hollow Man?

No, you're not :)

Some version of The Hunchback of Notre-Dame is the best thing I could come up with for that picture. I don't see how it could it be Hollow Man (but I don't see that from the colours either, not even with all the posters and covers that have been posted above).

Varese pretty much only works on titles they already have perpetuity rights to for Club batches.  I believe Dracula and HTTYD2 are the only exceptions to this in the past decade.

Any label that wanted to co-license Sneakers from Sony Music and Universal Pictures could do so.

48 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

How is that a clue for Hollow Man:lol:

the content on the screen is nowhere to be seen -> invisible -> Hollow Man? 

quite far-fetched but this is the only connection I can think of

or it could be the man in the picture staring at the screen as a hint since the hollow man himself did some spying and peeking (I've just googled the plot so I could be wrong)

You know what?

The colors DO match, don't they.

va-38-264x300.png

306274287_2050817185110556_1960399828671

And also.... in the film Meryl Streep's character's spine is all messed up... like the guy in the photo.

I'll be damned.

They Got Me GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

2 hours ago, crocodile said:

The clue...

See to me, this guy is doing a web SEARCH... using an accursed laptop trackpad without a MOUSE... maybe he's even looking to purchase one of those nice wireless ones for himself? In which case this would be MOUSE HUNT, one of my top 5 Silvestri scores and well deserving of a Varese Deluxe Edition!

Yavar

Well, Notre Dame colors are blue and gold so Rudy it is!!  Fingers crossed!  Love the movie and score.

Well, just saw the post in the FSM thread, that settles it!!  Artwork on the Facebook post is stunning!  😎🙌🏻