The Official Varese Sarabande Thread

Charlie Brigden

On 12/09/2022 at 1:01 PM, Amer said:

Back in business. New CD Club title announcement coming this Friday, alongside the first ever CD Club merch item. Get excited.

The merch item is a red t-shirt

https://varesesarabande.com/products/cd-club-t-shirt-red

cd_club_2_1800x1800.png?v=1663020753

Looks like it’s Rudy. Facebook won’t let me link the post.

We are excited to announce our new CD Club title Rudy – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (Deluxe Edition), with music composed and conducted by Jerry Goldsmith. This 24-track Deluxe Edition CD is available today, September 16th, exclusive to VareseSarabande.com. The album is also available for digital download and streaming. 

In conjunction with Rudy, we are offering 20% off all other in-stock Goldsmith titles (excludes Rudy and The Omen LP pre-order) until September 30th. We’re also launching our first-ever limited-edition CD Club T-Shirt, continuing our mission to keep all soundtrack fans poor.

Varèse Sarabande released the Rudy soundtrack in 1993 in a 37-minute program. This Deluxe Edition expands the sequence to 67 minutes, including the film’s a cappella recordings of the classic “Hike, Notre Dame!” and “Notre Dame Victory March.” Liner notes by Tim Greiving feature new interview material with Rudy, Pizzo, Anspaugh and Astin—as well as Get Out composer Michael Abels, who worked at the sessions—and archival comments by Goldsmith and contractor JoAnn Kane. This one time pressing of the Rudy Deluxe Edition is limited to 3,000 copies.

074134C5-E35B-4126-909B-6677612D6078.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Hope you didn't think we'd let spooky season go by without any treats. We're announcing two new CD Club titles this Friday. Clues on Wednesday as usual.

FeKPBdLVQA0qnf8?format=jpg&name=4096x409

https://www.facebook.com/varesesarabanderecords/posts/pfbid02vkeNovzbbmUzUjaCXwqPAdpWY97VFS79MT2ybntxfKEhad1BLk27PEp7FApLNGEjl

or

https://twitter.com/VareseSarabande/status/1576980094567923715

Looks like Death Becomes Her and Hollow Man to me

Man what happened to Angelina Jolie?

From like 99-2010 I looked forward to any movie I saw she was gonna be in

post-2010 she's only been in a handful of movies and they were all crummy

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Man what happened to Angelina Jolie?

From like 99-2010 I looked forward to any movie I saw she was gonna be in

post-2010 she's only been in a handful of movies and they were all crummy

Not to speak of the quality, but as far as quantity I’m sure a lot of it was refocusing her priorities - having a bunch of school-age kids and going through a very public divorce during that period.  I know she’s also fairly involved in activism and iirc she had a number of health issues as well.

Death Becomes Her and Horner's BRAINSTORM woyld be perfect. And only this past week we lost its cast member.   I cant remember her name...

8-year-old me thought her Lara Croft movie was awesome, and I still maintain fond memories of the first movie. Never seen the sequel, even though everyone says it's better than the first.

3 hours ago, Jay said:

Looks like Death Becomes Her and Hollow Man to me

This has to be the first time a prediction was proved wrong the very same day via an announcement of an expansion by a different label. Good times!

Sooooooo, since we know Tomb Raider 2 is one of the titles, are we really thinking the other is Death Becomes Her, or could the purple in the logo refer to some other score, with Death Becomes Her coming out closer to its vinyl release (which is late November)

6 hours ago, Amer said:

Yeah BRAINSTORM would be awesome but its pretty much inevitable DEATH BECOMES HER. 

If it's Death Becomes Her (and I would be super happy either way here, both are great scores), it'll be double Silvestri. Isn't that the soundtrack equivalent of double denim?! ;-P

Well, which Varese soundtrack cover to a score they haven't expanded yet looks most like the purple in the clue image?

51VptjTpVJL._SY580_.jpg MC5qcGVn.jpeg  s-l640.jpg Mi02NDQ1LmpwZWc.jpeg ab67706c0000bebb617f5e2c6893d447bfeae329

Yea if it is Brainstorm, the yellow on that cover and the yellow on the Tomb Raider cover was a nice coincidence for them to use for the lettering and circle in the Varese logo image

Clues coming today, 3-4 hours from now I guess?

I’m sure one of the above guesses is right.  I’m going to assume Death Becomes Her, since they mentioned “The Spooky Season” in the announcement post, Lara Croft ain’t bringing it, and Death Becomes Her is probably the “spookiest” of the options discussed above.

We literally know one of the 2 Club titles is Tomb Raider 2 because the Chinese digital music retailer that accidentally put it up early had "2022/10/07" listed as the release date

Also, Varese already listed a press release telling us Death Becomes Her was coming to vinyl for Black Friday (November 25); The last time this happened was with The Matrix: The Complete Edition.  For that one, they announced on April 7th that it was coming to vinyl on Saturday June 12th.  Then, that week, they announced the CD (and SACD) edition would be up for sale on Friday June 11th.

So if they follow that pattern, the CD edition of Death Becomes Her will drop on Friday November 25

9 minutes ago, Jay said:

We literally know one of the 2 Club titles is Tomb Raider 2 because the Chinese digital music retailer that accidentally put it up early had "2022/10/06" listed as the release date

發行日期

not the 6th; unless we're assuming their 7th is the 6th for others lol.

4 hours ago, filip said:

發行日期

not the 6th; unless we're assuming their 7th is the 6th for others lol.

Strangely one screen of the website said 7.10.22, but when I went to the page and used Google Chrome's auto-translate into English, it changed to 2022/10/06.  I guess due to timezones, it will be Thursday is some places already when that site sells it, like Friday releases go live on iTunes New Zealand when it becomes Friday there, which is when its still Thursday for most of the globe.

4 hours ago, Dr. Rick said:

This has shades of purple in the clouds!  :)  This would be perfect for an October release but I doubt it'll be this month.

Varese's Club titles are only for titles they already have perpetuity rights to, with the only two exception in the past 15+ years being Dracula and HTTYD2, which each had specific reasons for Varese to be the ones to do it.

Additionally, Mike M already stated on Maurizio's podcast that the only remaining JW expansion this year is coming on Black Friday

26 minutes ago, Jay said:

We literally know one of the 2 Club titles is Tomb Raider 2 because the Chinese digital music retailer that accidentally put it up early had "2022/10/06" listed as the release date

I wasn’t shooting it down - I just meant that if the intent was something spooky, it would have to be title #2 - as Tomb Raider is not “bringing it.”

No skin off my back whatever it is that they come up with, since none of the proposed titles appeal to me.  If they surprise us all with a real horror score instead, I may be in.