The Official Varese Sarabande Thread

Charlie Brigden

I'm thinking of acquiring the whole lot (I don't currently own any CDs, I just listen on spotify at the moment) but I'm not sure whether I want everything on CD. Plus the whole package would cost an absolute bomb (shame there's no 'Lost box' - I'd be one of the few here who'd actually buy one).

Wait.

It is 4 CDs, but only 2 are listed. The price is just 19.98? That can't be right.

Never mind. I misread it. I thought they were adding 4 more CDs.

Ordered.

ST-321,

This is an announcement of the second 2 CD release for the final season.

We've already seen "Lost: The Final Season" as a non-limited release of 2 CDs, and this announcement is for "Lost: The Final Episodes" (2 CDs) that will be limited to around 5000 copies.

The text refers to the fact that there are 4 CDs for the season, when both releases are combined.

13. Cereal Experience (2:25)

08. The Well Of Holes (3:21)

17. Kate Flashes Jack (1:13)

And they just keep coming. :P

I'm getting this.

Ironic (apropos?) that my first LOST album is the last.

I wonder what makes the 5,000 units of Giacchino's Lost: The Final Episodes a "Limited Edition" line title, but the 5,000 units of Giacchino's Star Trek a "Varese CD Club" line title?

I wonder the same thing Jason. Someone should ask Robert Townson directly about that one.

Edit: Actually now that I remember I think someone on FSM pointed out the "Limited Edition" titles are probably ones they don't think would sell out in a fast hurry. However ones like the club releases like Star Trek generally do.

Their Limited Edition titles are supposed to be obscure releases that normally would never get a physical release, if one whatsoever. So they print a small number for those who like to own CDs, and then put them up on iTunes.

I guess you can consider 4CDs for a single season of a show very unlikely under normal circumstances. So this is something extra for the die hard fans of the music/show.

So, how many CDs and what CDs I have to buy, if I want all the lost music? And since I even didn't buy any one of they yet, are there any duplicate music/tracks so I can pass?

There are 7 separate releases. No overlapping music.

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3 (2-disc)

Season 4

Season 5

The Final Season (2-disc)

The Last Episodes (2-disc)

Well, ALMOST no overlapping music. :P Not enough to change a person's mind about whether to buy a given album.

I would recommend starting with the season 1 OST and moving forward in order as desired.

Anybody else have trouble logging in at Varese? I'm pretty sure I'm using the right login info, but it doesn't recognize it. I guess I'll have to email them.

Yeah, it wouldn't accept my password either.

When I tried getting it to send me a new one it didn't even recognize my account.

So I just signed up again with the same email/password.

It has the same spine as the regular releases. The back cover is available on their site. I don't even think it has a limited quantity listing on the back either.

I believe these limited editions series all have the same design as the regular releases. Well the latest two do, I don't have any of the other releases.

No overlapping music.

Besides the Main Titles, End Credits, "The Hole Shebang", and "Moving On". :P

The "End Title" is actually only on the Season 2 release; and the last two don't count :P

I'm glad they didn't put the "Main Titles" on every release though, a waste of space!

No overlapping music.

Besides the Main Titles, End Credits, "The Hole Shebang", and "Moving On". :P

The "End Title" is actually only on the Season 2 release; and the last two don't count ;)

I'm glad they didn't put the "Main Titles" on every release though, a waste of space!

The End Title is also on the Season 3 release.

And yeah the Main Title is an awful 16 seconds waste of space. :P

The Hole Shebang and Moving On are obviously on the Final season soundtrack for those who are not such fanatics that they would buy another double disc set to have the rest of the finale's score. :P

Anybody else have trouble logging in at Varese? I'm pretty sure I'm using the right login info, but it doesn't recognize it. I guess I'll have to email them.

Yeah, it wouldn't accept my password either.

When I tried getting it to send me a new one it didn't even recognize my account.

So I just signed up again with the same email/password.

Huh. Well at least it's not just me. But it's weird that it only affects some. Well, I'm definitely gonna email them now. Not that it particularly matters that I have my old account, but if they lost my credit card info, I'd kinda like to know where it went.

I wish I had your fortitude to stay away so long. Maybe I just need to drink my password and username away.

Or just let Varèse manage your login info. :P

Yes, you must register a new account.

The only thing Varese kept from the old site regarding accounts was pending orders placed before the sight changed over to a new one.

Otherwise all your ordering history and member info has been deleted.

No overlapping music.

Besides the Main Titles, End Credits, "The Hole Shebang", and "Moving On". ;)

The "End Title" is actually only on the Season 2 release; and the last two don't count :P

The End Title is also on the Season 3 release.

Oh ho. Never noticed!

Has anyone had problems with disc 2 of the Lost Final Season set when ripping to their PC via iTunes, Windows Media etc. etc.?

It's the first track and the last two bonus tracks.

It seems lately there are more issues with playing CDs on computers.

Yep, it was just my laptop that wouldn't read the disc. I knew it wasn't defective because I had played it on my regular CD player first.

But from time to time I run into a disc that I have difficulty ripping on my computers.

I was able to rip it with my portable drive.

Any text file of tracks can be used to tag files using MP3tag. If you can manipulate a spreadsheet and understand simple variable-driven logic, you need never type a single tag by hand. My stack of 50 CDs worth of untagged FLACs and MP3s will double when I tack on the Ron Jones box set and 40 discs worth of classical music that I bought recently, and whoever thinks I'm going to type them by hand is a loon.

So Varese is now Giacchino central. Pass-o-rama.

Not that they've released much of interest to me in the last few years.

I didn't think you liked anything but 1970s/80s John Williams. That's a pretty narrow field for any record label.

• 2 weeks later...