The Official Varese Sarabande Thread

Charlie Brigden

I will be asleep.

A lot of us will be. I may be awake for it not sure, then again that's 2am my time and I'm generally asleep by then. Chance are it might not be anything worth getting like most of it has been the last few times.

Ah, well, you probably have your sources that would let you say something optimistic like that.

I woke early Monday morning to see Generations for sale; I hope tomorrow I see something even cooler than that, so I can place an order.

I have to work tomorrow so I'll be asleep.

But I always end up buying at least 2 of the releases if there's at least 4 releases. I think they are still releasing great stuff, it's just that the market is over saturated with releases and I personally think that's why Varese may be easing up a bit.

Ordered Die Hard 2. Didn't have to think about it. Even though, I know I shouldn't.

Definitely couldn't see THIS coming. Maybe Varese will do ST: Nemesis after all....?

Karol

No Karate Kid 4?! WHYYYYYY??????????

And they release The Boy Eho Could Fly, be do not expand it?

Apparently it's an OST re-recording, and the Percepto expansion was the original film tracks. I'm gonna try and grab it when I get paid Friday.

Ordered Die Hard 2, Red Pony, Man on Fire, and threw in Freud for the halibut.

I considered placing an order at MM for those plus Generations and Jon Scott's King Kong Lives, but the $5 markup on VCL albums at other vendors said no. Them's a gonna wait.

Excellent batch.

Been waiting for Red Pony, glad to see the sources were available.

Of course I'm ecstatic about Die Hard 2, also grabbed Man On Fire.

Have Percepto's Boy Who Could Fly so passed on that one.

I also expected Enemy Mine to be released soon by one of the labels, thought it was going to be FSM's #250.

I got all 5. Would have loved to have ordered from Movie Music, but the $5 markup ($4 for Encores) that other retailers have to add once since Varese doesn't give them a wholesale rate for Club and Encore releases made that economically unfeasable. Total with shipping was $120.95 at Movie Music order $106.15 direct from Varese.

Anyways, best batch in years, yes. Though Varese still has exclusive rights to SO MANY gems.

I ordered the Goldsmith and Broughton.

I've had the old CD release of the Kamen for over ten years, and the only thing I can remember from it is that really poor Finlandia recording.

Anyways, best batch in years, yes. Though Varese still has exclusive rights to SO MANY gems.

If nothing else, this shows they're listening to fan requests.

I have to wait until November 2nd to pay for Die Hard 2 so I happily ordered it from Peter (Movie Music). I also had an order for Witches Of Eastwick with Peter so I had him combine the two orders and change the shipping from Priority to the slower one to save on cost. Anyways, it's been a while since I've done an order with Peter so I don't mind.

Die Hard 2 definitely was unexpected, never thought they'd release that. Maybe this give hope for other scores IE: The Abyss, Air Force One, Starship Troopers, etc...

Since when is international shipping from Varèse a whopping 9.50 dollars? I might as well order from another vendor, as the mark-up doesn't matter anymore in that case.

Anyway, kudos to them for releasing Die Hard 2 - I didn't think this would be coming in the near future.

Ordered "Enemy Mine"; have been waiting for such a release for quite some time. Too bad I had just -finally- ordered "The Shadow", for which the same was true... poor wallet! My list of grails grows thin...

Since when is international shipping from Varèse a whopping 9.50 dollars? I might as well order from another vendor, as the mark-up doesn't matter anymore in that case

I don't know, but they're still the cheapest for international orders.

Well, I've ordred Die Hard 2 and The Boy Who Could Fly at Varèse Sarabande and I had to pay $ 52,46 which is about € 40,50. If I had ordered from MovieMusic.com I had to pay $ 61.97 which is about € 47,80 and if I had ordered from Intrada I had to pay $ 61,48 which is about € 47,45. And if I ordered at Colosseum, the European distributor of Varèse, I had to pay € 52,90, So Varèse was the cheapest.

Man On Fire, The Boy Who Could Fly, and Enemy Mine are now sold out. Only Die Hard 2 and The Red Pony remain.

This is not nit picking but has anyone noticed the logo on the cover [for Die Hard 2.] looks....slanted a bit?

I think you're onto something. I copied the cover to my clipboard and pasted it into GIMP, and then simply used the Rectangle Select Tool as a straight-edge to compare the straightness of the text. The top red of the "2" is one pixel lower than the pixel on the "D." The same is true of the lower edges of the letters. The bar with "DIE HARDER" is straight, but the DIE HARD 2 does look like it's going downhill slightly, and I don't attribute it to the pixellated ghosting effect created by JPG compression.

This is not nit picking but has anyone noticed the logo on the cover [for Die Hard 2.] looks....slanted a bit?

I think you're onto something. I copied the cover to my clipboard and pasted it into GIMP, and then simply used the Rectangle Select Tool as a straight-edge to compare the straightness of the text. The top red of the "2" is one pixel lower than the pixel on the "D." The same is true of the lower edges of the letters. The bar with "DIE HARDER" is straight, but the DIE HARD 2 does look like it's going downhill slightly, and I don't attribute it to the pixellated ghosting effect created by JPG compression.

:lol: