Home Alone 2...

Eplicon

I sad;y can't afford it right now and by the time I can it will be long gone... :)

Oh whoa is meeeee! :cry:

Justin -Who will have to setle for a CD-R or something... ;)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a great CD. The music is very good, and the production of it is first rate. This is clearly up there with RCA's "Star Wars Trilogy" CD's and Rhino's Superman - The Movie. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though, it's from the same team. :)

Neil

Sadly I can't afford it :cry:  

I'll try to get the original one-cd release.

My friend sells this orig. CD (it looks like new) for 15 USD or EUR. If you are interested, let me know.

E-Wan

Sadly I can't afford it :cry:  

I'll try to get the original one-cd release.

My friend sells this orig. CD (it looks like new) for 15 USD or EUR. If you are interested, let me know.

E-Wan

I'm so sorry, that guest is me!

E-Wan

Absolutly Brilliant!

I just got this set today and I've listened to it a couple time and well I love it! these guys really know how to put a CD together!

Brian99_1 - Who is going back for another listen now! ;)

i ordered it a few days and just got my shipping confirmation. i am very enthusiastic about getting this cd, especially since i love the score to Home Alone 2. i haven't seen the film in ages, so the unreleased music to me will be pretty much new music to my ears. i listened to some soundclips and i must say, i think williams' creative energy for this particular score was surging when he wrote it. i love that alternate jazzy cue. that blew me away. i'm sure the cd will offer a great many unreleased cues, which based on the comments by Kevin, are gonna be great.

another thing i love about it is the track order. to me, this is absolutely ideal. like others have pointed out, it's very much in the tradition of Superman and the Star Wars scores. i think it's essential to have the music go in the order it came in the film. and by the looks of things, this cd seems to be total perfection. it helps that i love the score so much as it is.

Ted, who also ordered Williams' The River and can't wait to get both (or should i say all three) cd's and can't wait to get them!

No sign of my copy, shipped two weeks ago.  :cry:

Mine too! I'm sure Heartbeeps & The Fury didn't take this long!!! Ah well, patience is a virtue I suppose?!

The alternate version of Holiday Flight includes sections based on Lionel Hampton's "Air Mail Special" - (the clarinet solo at the beginning, to be exact).

Hampton was a proffessional vibraphonist from the 30's to 70's, who played swing, jazz, and blues. He unfortunately died recently at age 94.

A vibraphone (or vibes for short) is played like a xylophone but has metal keys, a sustain pedal, and vibrators under the keys.

The Boston Pops played in during the '99 season, featuring one of their percussionists on vibes.

Just thought I'd point this stuff out.

I've never heard John William's Home Alone Music, I only have soundtracks like Harry Potter and Star Wars, although I like Harry Potter better. Does anybody think I would like Home Alone?

Guest, I'm almost sure you would. The Home Alone and Harry Potter music is actually kind of in the same vein. At least that's the way I hear it; others may differ. I can only speak for Home Alone 1, as I am getting the new release of #2 for Christmas and haven't heard any of it before (outside the movie). It's great music in general, and specifically great Christmas music. It really captures . . .er . . . well, "that gingerbread feeling," for lack of a better phrase (you'll understand when you hear Somewhere in my Memory :mrgreen:) Even if you don't celebrate Christmas, I expect that you would enjoy it merely as a John Williams fan.

Ray Barnsbury

Hmm, I find it great and all, but it doesn't capture the feeling of christmas for me, Rozsa's music for the birth of Jesus in Ben Hur does that much better. :mrgreen: See, I don't even relate gingerbread to christmas. :) Christmas to me is christmas trees, turkey and songs.

I've been listening to it every day since getting it.

I wish every Williams release was built like that. Home Alone 2 went up a notch to me from the original album (which was still a decent release, but these expanded editions always are preferred to my tastes, and MOST of the time my opinion of the score increases upon hearing them in more complete form (Possible exceptions are E.T., The Fury, & TESB, which I love expanded, but the lesser content in the original albums still kicked equal amounts of butt).

Now I have to go rent or buy the Home Alone DVDs because I forgot how good the scores were (I only listen to the Home Alones during the Holidays).

-Chris, Who finds the HA scores better listens than the HP scores.

Hmm, I find it great and all, but it doesn't capture the feeling of christmas for me, Rozsa's music for the birth of Jesus in Ben Hur does that much better.  :) See, I don't even relate gingerbread  to christmas.  :) Christmas to me is christmas trees, turkey and songs.

Some of my Christmas score highlights in addition to the Home Alone's are;

Broughton's Miracle On 34th St,

Convertino's Santa Clause,

Mancini's Santa Claus The Movie (sadly not available on cd - yet?), Williams Christmas cues in Harry Potter are delightful (sans the bizarre choir in PS)

Goodman's Muppet Christmas Carol,

Korngold's Of Human Bondage,

Elfman's Scrooged (totally buried in the film as we all know - disgraceful!)

Hmm, I find it great and all, but it doesn't capture the feeling of christmas for me, Rozsa's music for the birth of Jesus in Ben Hur does that much better.  :) See, I don't even relate gingerbread  to christmas.  :) Christmas to me is christmas trees, turkey and songs.

Well to each his own, but at least we can both love it! And I don't relate Christmas to gingerbread either. The few times in my life I've had gingerbread I actually disliked it. I was just using the line from Somewhere in My Memory to convey that it captures the Christmas feeling for me. :)

Ray Barnsbury

Hey, put track 7 fo the first CD, at 0:59. What's that ? Kind of a mistake in the recording ! Ohps ! Bad, Varese, bad...

It's dumbass comments like this that make it so hard to resist flaming. What you heard is a freak anomaly called.... a musician moving. This may come as a huge shock to you, Guest, but you actually have to get 70 or 80 instrument-carrying human beings in a room to make a recording of an orchestra, and human beings tend to move and make an occasional noise. Sorry if this disappoints you.

I checked the 1992 release and the same noise is there. Maybe you think that all scores should be antiseptic synthesized MIDI re-creations, so that we're not bothered by those troublesome occasional signs of human life and actual talent.

Darn humans making noise! Aaargh!

Perhaps Morn's dream shall someday finally be realized... robots that can feel, think, and talk... creating and then playing music FLAWLESSLY!!! :-D

Rogue, get this CD. You will not regret it. Top notch package.

And Chrusher, beware of buying Home Alone 2 on DVD. That movie is horrible! It's on HBO all the time and I stop to watch it just to hear the score and to remind me of how bad it really is. The score is great though!

Neil

Yes, HA1 was a pretty good movie, HA2 wasn't that good, although I didn't think it was THAT bad. I taped them both a few years back.

The traps are always fun... gave me some good ideas for some good pranks on my dad... :(

(People that know me in person know that I am legendary for pranks... :P)

Anybody remember HA3? Gawd awful! :oops: :cry: :wave: :?

As for shipping, my set was held up for 5 days in 1 city... but once it got on the road it came quickly.

And R.Leader... is there really ever any question when it comes to Williams? It's a must-have set, IMO. PERFECT if you get it before XMAs... great holiday listening... :)

Two days ago, a very inconspicuous package arrived for my dad. It was small and flat and from Varese. :roll: Sadly, I had this album (Home Alone 2 if you didn't already guess) on my Christmas list, and am not able to get it until Christmas. But I settled for leaving CMIYC off my list and buying that instead. Still, can't wait to open HA 2 in two weeks!!

Ray Barnsbury

Anybody remember HA3? Gawd awful!  :oops:  :cry:  :)  :?

You do realize Home Alone 4 aired on American television recently, right? I saw a few moments of it. Is it possible to be worse than Home Alone 2? This made for TV movie was trying awful hard for that prize.

Neil

Anybody remember HA3? Gawd awful!  :oops:  :cry:  8O  :?

You do realize Home Alone 4 aired on American television recently, right? I saw a few moments of it. Is it possible to be worse than Home Alone 2? This made for TV movie was trying awful hard for that prize.

Neil

A fourth one, huh? They're really reaching...