Home Alone 2...

Eplicon

....The Deluxe Edition (2-disc set) is one of the new albums Varese Sarabande is putting out as part of their club releases!

(This was the X-mas surprise they alluded to in their previous announcement?)

Oh, well. The current album did leave off many a good cue, but I thought the first movie needed expanding more than the second. Still, I've pre-ordered it. :)

http://www.varesesarabande.com/details.asp...1102%2D1014%2D2

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait, I love this score so much!!! It's the only thing I like to listen to at Christmas :)

LOL, I think the mixed reaction on other boards to this news only demonstrates that this release been long -- indeed, too long -- in coming.

Myself, I'd prefer a deluxe edition of the first Home Alone score, but I really have no complaints here. :)

I know Ricard's happy. :)

Whoa! Another complete John Williams score! I don't play much Christmas music in my house (being that I don't celebrate Christmas) but the score is the only thing I like about Home Alone 2 so this will definitely be getting some play on my stereo. I just placed my order.

Neil

Official Expanded John Williams scores:

John Goldfarb, Please Come Home!

The Man Who Loved Cat Dancing

A Guide For The Married Man

The Poseidon Adventure

The Towering Inferno

Jaws

Star Wars

Close Encounters

The Fury

Superman

The Empire Strikes Back

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Return of the Jedi

The Phantom Menace

I never noticed anything wrong with the current Home Alone 2 soundtrack, so I was surprised to find out that a later generation master was used, and at the wrong speed, to boot. What is it, like a semitone off or something?

Given how some people were griping on FSM's message board about this being one of the new club releases, suffice to say, I think this title is safe for now....

Just by happenstance i never got the HA2 OST - and I had oppurtunities.... funny how things work out...

Lou - Who likes the Williams' Bernsteinesque music for new york

LOL, I think the mixed reaction on other boards to this news only demonstrates that this release been long -- indeed, too long -- in coming.

)

Try telling THAT to the people over there at the FSM board.WHAT!!!Only ONE Goldsmith album,and NOT deluxe???and HOME ALONE2!??

K.M.Who usually gets irritated by the FSM board after a reply or two once in a while.

it says that "Kevin's booby Traps" is more thna three minutes longer thna on the original soundtrack. i'm assuming that in the film, the cue went on longer. is this true? i'd love to hear more of that music.

Ted

I think you missed ET.  That was expanded too

Ocelot, was there such a thing as an expanded E.T. released? If so, when and what's in the expanded release?

Also, do you or anyone here have it?

Thanks.

I think you missed ET.  That was expanded too

Ocelot, was there such a thing as an expanded E.T. released? If so, when and what's in the expanded release?

Also, do you or anyone here have it?

Thanks.

Hmm,if you have the 96 release of the score then you have a greatly expanded version of the original 82 album.If you have the 2002 release,then you have an expanded release of the 96 c.d.If you have the Lazerdisk of E.T. with isolated score then you have everything.

K.M.

Hmm,if you have the 96 release of the score then you have a greatly expanded version of the original 82 album.If you have the 2002 release,then you have an expanded release of the 96 c.d.If you have the Lazerdisk of E.T. with isolated score then you have everything.

K.M.

Oh, those ones. Well, I have those ones. I thought there were another release of E.T. that maybe had outakes and the such.

I've just calculated the timing of Home Alone 2 Deluxe Edition:

CD 1: 46'40''

CD 2: 53'09''

Total Running Time: 99'49''

so one hundred minutes of music!!!

scissorhands - still sooo happy

I don't want to shock anyone, but I'm probably the only one here who hasn't seen HA2 or heard any of the music. I'll have to see what I can do to fix that.

Ohh my good *holding chest* someone call an ambulance!  :mrgreen:

Good riddance.

(OK, if anyone doesn't start detecting a comical strain to this stuff now, then he needs to lighten up.)

I was looking at the album contents,you know"There all there ,all the cue you always wanted..."

NO! While having an orchestral version of Merry Christmas,Merry Christmas(Yes,I always wanted THAT)is great,I would have liked a fully developped orchestral version of Christmas Star( my favourite HA theme) too...at least for the price there asking for the set.

K.M.

NO! While having an orchestral version of Merry Christmas,Merry Christmas(Yes,I always wanted THAT)is great

Oh, that's nice. I like that theme, but the choir sounds so hectic in the end credits version.

Marian - who'll have to get this CD.

I was looking at the album contents,you know"There all there ,all the cue you always wanted..."

NO! While having an orchestral version of Merry Christmas,Merry Christmas(Yes,I always wanted THAT)is great,I would have liked a fully developped orchestral version of Christmas Star( my favourite HA theme) too...at least for the price there asking for the set.

K.M.

Yeah, Christmas Star is one of the best HA themes. And with this new edition, it will be the only Home Alone song that has not an orchestral version.

"you always wanted....", I agree, it's pure marketing (it reminds me of that TPM Ultimate that said "every note JW composed...").

Well, I COULD go on and say what I really think about this expansion, but I'll probably get thrown off the board, so I'll phrase myself diplomatically:

HOME ALONE 2 is a wonderful score. I love the original album. :(

I finally broke down and ordered the 2CD Home Alone 2. I knew I wouldn't last long! I just couldn't let this one slip by like I did with the Towering Inferno!

Brian99_1 - Who Feels KM's pain with the Canadian Dollar's exchange!

I have no chance whatsoever in a near future to buy this release, because I simply can't afford it right now. And since this edition is limited, I suposed it's another JW cd I will have to settle for a copy.

Too bad, but life goes on.

Romao, who can't even find any of the Home Alone scores around here.