A David Arnold / John Debney collaboration?

ChuckM

Following both of their twitter accounts, it seems that the two are friends, and today, John Debney posted the following:

My friend David Arnold visited today...i hope David and I might work together sometime..a great composer and fine gentleman.

I would love to hear such a collaboration if it did ever take place. Both are awesome composers. I wonder what type of film they might work on together.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet they struck up a friendship while gorging on pork and getting drunk in Ubeda, Spain.

Actually, Debney isn't an alcoholic. He only uses crack when conducting.

:P

the socalled "clickcrack" ;)

Damn, and I chatted with Arnold 15 minutes ago on FB! ;) If I'd have seen this thread sooner ...

What did you ask him then? Did he say anything about his Chronicles of Narnia score [hopefully in production]?

No, we didn't "talk" about that, it was really short, I always try to make it like that when he actually finds the time to chat, so I only asked him if there's any chance for him to use the 007 cue in any of the upcoming Bonds, to which he replied that the "cheerfulness" of the cue is somewhat conflicting with Craig's approach to the role, but that if ever there would be an appropriate scene for it to be used, he'd certainly considered it.

When (if) I manage to catch him next time, I can ask about Narnia or collaboration with Debney ... As can, of course, any fellow JWFan.com member who's on FB and has Arnold added as a friend, I know there are several of us ... ;)