The Goonies by Dave Grusin

Jay

On 3/18/2010 at 5:10 AM, FrankV said:
On 3/17/2010 at 11:52 PM, Jason LeBlanc said:

EDIT: A member of the FSM board said they saw this on Varese's website, but I can't find it:

Due to a production bottleneck the new CD-Club releases will be available as of March 22, 2010. Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this delay.

It's not on the Varèse Sarabande website, but the Colosseum website. So this applies only to people who ordered the Club CDs in Europe.

Well that's the date on moviemusic.com now too

http://www.moviemusic.com/search/newreleases.asp

That's what happens with limited releases, as endagered species, if only a few are produced, they will dissapear quickly from the face of earth. :P

Perhaps, but it is far more expensive to clone endangered plants and animals.

Varese finally responded to me and said that they received my copy of Goonies back in the mail today and they're going to include it with the second order I made for one other club release and some back titles. I'm glad to know they were on top of this after all!

I got my shipping confirmation early last week. Still no CD. Hope it has arrived when I get home tonight. CAN'T WAIT!

Wtf? Ship mine dammit!

Mine didn't make it either. Hope it didn't fall prey to USPS (like so many packages before). If I don't have it by Wednesday, I will probably order a second one to a safer address of a friend. Darn, I want that CD!

But yours has shipped right? I still don't have a confirmation, which worries me. I pre-ordered this thing only a couple days after it was announced.

Yes, got the confirmation quite some time ago... Don't know why it's still not here. At least the CD is still available. But nevertheless, I'm so impatient.

But yours has shipped right? I still don't have a confirmation, which worries me. I pre-ordered this thing only a couple days after it was announced.

Good lord Koray take a chill pill and relax.

You're going to receive your CD.

Came home from work and a bubble mailer from Varese was in my mail box with The Goonies and The Spiral Road. Yay!

Was great to finally read the liners; Didn't realize Mike M. did them himself. The first couple pages covering the history of the film and especially Spielberg's input in films around that time was a very interesting read

Okay I just got done listening to this score. Frankly I enjoyed it from beginning to end. I'm glad I bought it on a whim, even though I did listen to the sound samples before buying it. However, sometimes samples don't really tell the whole effect of a score in my opinion.

Even though I really don't remember much of the film since it's been YEARS when I saw it last time...but the score is definitely a fun score.

Argh, still no Goonies. Thank you so much, USPS. And since Jason got his, I should have it by now too. :-(

Anyone else think of "Zorro, the Gay Blade" when the Don Juan music pops up in the score? :)

Love the track "Sloth & Chunk", has Don Juan/Zorro, Superman, and Goonies in it. Fun stuff!

Argh, still no Goonies. Thank you so much, USPS. And since Jason got his, I should have it by now too. :-(

And the daily update: still no CD :)

According to tracking information, it was out for delivery yesterday; no update till then. In other words: probably "lost". How come that they always get away with "losing" packages, damaging packages, needing more time than the Pony Express, etc., etc.? That's it, I don't order anything to my DC address any more.

Anyone else think of "Zorro, the Gay Blade" when the Don Juan music pops up in the score? :lol:

Love the track "Sloth & Chunk", has Don Juan/Zorro, Superman, and Goonies in it. Fun stuff!

Yes! The album is simply fahhhhbulous!

"Zorro, the Gay Blade"

I dont think that is one of the Banderas' movies...

Try George Hamilton. With George Hamilton.

As (from memory here) Don Diego de la Vega, and also as Bunny Wigglesworth. :lol: It's one of those films that HBO showed over and over and over and over etc back in the early 80s (along with stuff like Krull, Seems Like Old Times, Cannonball Run, etc).

So, I bought this and... I kind of regret it. The score sounds better in the movie than it does on it's own. I enjoyed listening to it ONE time. I'd have rather not spent $25 on it.

If there is anyone in the US who wants to buy my copy I'll sell it you at a reduced price. I'm thinking $15 which will include shipping. So, anyone on the fence about it: here is your chance. Like new and listened to once. PM me if interested.

MrScratch, I'd give it another listen.

I've appreciated the CD on subsequent listenings much more than I did the first time

It's already gone. Hedji is taking it.

I still have it on my computer, but outside of a couple tracks I doubt I'll ever really sit and listen to it again. I am happy it was released though. I was growing tired of hearing Short Round's theme Data's theme.

Well apparently there are still quite a few orders ahead of mine, and they predict they'll be able to ship mine out sometime this week. I pre-ordered the CD 20 days ago! Guess a lot of people bought this thing.

• 1 month later...

Mark how do you get notified of such things? Does Varese have an email list or something?

I have connections......

No seriously, Varese has it listed on their site, Varese posted it on Facebook and someone also posted it at FSM.

• 4 weeks later...