La-La Land releasing David Arnold's Independence Day

This is from David Arnold's Twitter account where he's answering questions:

charliebrigden

@DavidGArnold ID4 complete score release: any chance of it happening?

DavidGArnold

@charliebrigden happening now...should be ready in a month or two

charliebrigden

@DavidGArnold which label will be doing ID4? Any other expanded releases on the way?

DavidGArnold

@charliebrigden think its the same people who did godzilla.no other releases as far as i know

So, unless DA is screwing around, that'll be LLL then. Didn't they say Sony are playing ball now?

HOLY FUCKING SHIT YES!!!!!!!!!! ANOTHER Holy Grail!!!!!!

Hmm, his twitter account is not "verified" - there's no proof this is actually him. His official site doesn't mention it.

:D

@ Jason: His official site is dead for some time now. Arnold updates it himself app. three times a year and since he probably is very busy right now, I wouldn't count on any news.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT YES!!!!!!!!!! ANOTHER Holy Grail!!!!!!

Hmm, his twitter account is not "verified" - there's no proof this is actually him. His official site doesn't mention it.

That's true, although his site doesn't mention the two Craig 007 films or his newer films and only goes up to 2004, so I sense it hasn't been updated in a while.

It'd be nice if they'd repress Godzilla as a bonus.

The ID4 that keeps my feet warm is good enough, but I don't have so much as that for Godzilla. Oh well.

Oh my.....I said in January this was going to be an expensive year! The hits just keep on coming....if, of course, this is genuine....

Don't feel too bad, you just asked a question. Mr. Arnold is the one who ruined the surprise :)

I think the labels need to tell some of these composers to keep it quiet. :)

But seriously if this is indeed happening I'm not surprised, especially since MV Gerhard mentioned the agreement with Sony.

What exactly did MV say about the deal, and does that mean HOOK could actually happen?????

What exactly did MV say about the deal, and does that mean HOOK could actually happen?????

He mentioned that they had a new agreement to release titles under Sony and that they would allow for larger units to be pressed. It's on the FSM board but I don't remember which thread.

Now if this happens this is one that I wouldn't wait for no matter how little money I have. The foot coverings are nice, but it's not the best quality and there's still some stuff missing.

Yup. Even if the boot was complete with perfect sound, I'd buy this in a heart beat without question.

I'll happily buy any complete release to replace a foot wrapper. This is how the labels are supported and future releases happen.

That's one of my personal 'rules' with ltd eds. If I have a boot and it's released properly, a sale is guaranteed.

And with ID4, the foot-warmer isn't CD quality (one I have isn't anyway) and is missing the best sequence. If this is real - SOLD.

I like the score, but I rarely listen to it. I think I'd pass on a complete edition, especially since I still need to decide whether or not to get The Goonies and Wolfman (plus I'm definitely getting Alice in Wonderland). But I'm very happy for those that will enjoy this release.

From a historical standpoint, 2010 is really outstanding.

I like the score, but I rarely listen to it. I think I'd pass on a complete edition

Same here.

From a historical standpoint, 2010 is really outstanding.

At this rate, there will be no holy grails left by the end of the year.

Is your question "what will this new release contain that the boot didn't?

Well, neither boot had the actual "incoming reports" cue. Also Arnold had to re-write the whole end battle very late in post production; The boot contained his original version, the final film version has never been released. Presumably the LLL CD will contain both, but you never know.

Also Arnold had to re-write the whole end battle very late in post production

And thank goodness too- the image of a cropduster weaving around fighter jets would have destroyed the movie.

Here's the post by MV Gerhard:

Two things regarding Caddyshack:

1. It's a our first release with Sony Special Products. They have different production terms than other companies. In the coming years we will have editions of 3500 units all the way up to 5000 units (depending on the title). Most of those titles will be part of our Expanded Archival Collection.

2. Caddyshack is geared more toward the fans of the film than you collectors. Its a straight LP reissue on cd. It contains 3 tracks of Mr Mandel's score, including his unused "GOD" track. Sorry guys, but there are some golfers out there that have been wanting this for a long time.

MV

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?forumID=1&pageID=2&threadID=64910&archive=0

I think this score benefits greatly from an expansion. A lot of wonderful quieter moments and delightful "patriotic" sounding cues. I am pleased with this news.

CONFIRMED!

Like I needed another reason to hate Twitter? LOL

Well, yes -- the cat is out of the bag... or the alien is out of the ship, so to speak.

ID4 is coming (and Giachinno fan, you just made me realize how old I am getting by not knowing what ID4 referred to -- lol)

We are wrapping it up now.

Its a 2 disc set.

5000 units

$29.98 SRP

It's produced by Nick Redman and Mike Matessino, supervised by Didier Deutsch at Sony Special Products.

I'll let you guys know a week in advance when it will be made available for order.

And, yes -- Mr. Arnold will be signing some at no extra charge.

Best,

MV

Can I brag that I said, awhile back, LaLaLand would be the one to release it if and when it were to happen? Just like I mentioned many times Intrada would be the one to do BTTF. :)

And no, I had no inside knowledge.

But this is great news to an already spectacular year. Now all someone needs to do is release Conan in an expanded/deluxe form.

CONFIRMED!

Like I needed another reason to hate Twitter? LOL

Well, yes -- the cat is out of the bag... or the alien is out of the ship, so to speak.

ID4 is coming (and Giachinno fan, you just made me realize how old I am getting by not knowing what ID4 referred to -- lol)

We are wrapping it up now.

Its a 2 disc set.

5000 units

$29.98 SRP

It's produced by Nick Redman and Mike Matessino, supervised by Didier Deutsch at Sony Special Products.

I'll let you guys know a week in advance when it will be made available for order.

And, yes -- Mr. Arnold will be signing some at no extra charge.

Best,

MV

:);):ola::jump: :jump: :jump::joy::ola:

bowdown bowdown

I listened to it only yesterday, and it was good, but I was busy and it quickly became background music and was over before I knew it.

But a signed copy is worth the price of admission.

I gave it a rest for a while but have coincidentally just started to really enjoy it again. It's got a great thematic palette, hits all kinds of varied notes just right (action, suspense, soft character moments), and almost every bit has something interesting going on and is never dull. What's not to love?

It's way, way better than the movie deserves, and I actually mostly enjoy the movie for what it is.

Yup, it's one of those scores where every single cue has something to really like, and the complete score doesn't drag or feel bloated ever. Reminds me of the best John Williams scores in that regard.

Even as excited as I am for The Goonies, I doubt I will play all 79 minutes of that CD straight through as often as I'd listen to ID4 all the way through.

Well Trent's gonna be pretty happy.

Oh hell yes I am!!!!! I'm very happy about this, hopefully it'll be out this month or the next time they do a major release. I'm so getting and tossing the foot-warmers.

Here last night too I compiled a definitive edition of ID-4 using both foot-warmers. I'm so glad I can get rid of em'!

I will be even super more excited if we get final film version for "The Virus" and "The Day We Fight Back" for this set. I've been wanting to hear that outside the film for years.

If this is true, then I'm really looking forward to this!

What do you mean "if it's true"? MV confirmed it...

HOLY SNAPPIN' DUCK SHIT, BATMAN.

Who's releasing this one? LLL? I want it.

Yes La-La Land is doing it.

HOLY SNAPPIN' DUCK SHIT, BATMAN.

Who's releasing this one? LLL? I want it.

Yes La-La Land is doing it.

BTW Jason, Drax is being sarcastic. He knows that MV is Mike Verta head of La-La Land.

It'd be nice if they'd repress Godzilla as a bonus.

They won't you know that.

If this is true, then I'm really looking forward to this!

What do you mean "if it's true"? MV confirmed it...

I don't care if Media Ventures confirmed it, I want it straight from the head of LLL!

Remote Control Productions also confirmed it.