Through the Flames (The Main Reactor)

ChuckM

I was listening to Return of the Jedi (Anthology), and I noticed what sounded like a glitch in "Through the Flames." I thought at first that it might have been an error in ripping my CD, but I checked it against "The Main Reactor" (same track in SE), and the same "glitch" is there too. Anyone else notice this? Is it from a poor edit? Or maybe a glitch in the masters? It certainly doesn't sound natural.

It's at 1:13 in the Anthology version or at 5:41 in "The Battle Of Endor III (Superstructure Chase / Darth Vader's Death / The Main Reactor)" from the SE.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There's also one at the beginning of "The Return of the Jedi" on the Anthology and possibly toward the end of "Brother and Sister" (although that's been debated) in all film recording versions.

The Brother and Sister one is the only glitch I've ever noticed.

I don't have the recording with me, so I can't listen to the part in question, but are we sure that the Through the Flames glitch isn't just the part where one of the trumpets misses his note?

Edit: Nevermind, the timestamp is way too late in the track to be the missed note.