Jay

• 1 year later...
37 minutes ago, Marc said:

Those clusters at the end :heart:

Awesome stuff. The background video…looks like the one I did years ago of the entire “War” sequence featuring the intended score (without sound effects or dialogue) that was always tricky to upload to YouTube because of copyright flags. I called it “War: The Battle for Pandora”. If so, great use of it as a guide/ sync!

48 minutes ago, NL197 said:

Awesome stuff. The background video…looks like the one I did years ago of the entire “War” sequence featuring the intended score (without sound effects or dialogue) that was always tricky to upload to YouTube because of copyright flags. I called it “War: The Battle for Pandora”. If so, great use of it as a guide/ sync!

Thank you !
I actually edited the movie sequence myself, is your video still on Youtube ?
By the way, too bad most of this cue was actually replaced in the movie...there isn't one second from it that I would cut, absolutely brilliant scoring by Mr Horner !

30 minutes ago, Marc said:

Thank you !
I actually edited the movie sequence myself, is your video still on Youtube ?
By the way, too bad most of this cue was actually replaced in the movie...there isn't one second from it that I would cut, absolutely brilliant scoring by Mr Horner !

No it was never able to survive for very long because of copyright flags. I had upload it for download a few times over the years. 

One thing I'm going to attempt is to restore that music into the film with the sound effects and dialogue which is very hard to do because of having to remove what butchered score is there. Seeing the sequence with this intended score, kind of ruined the moment in the film knowing what was meant to be there was leagues better than what Cameron and co. cut up and replaced. 

I think I have listened to the Avatar score once, and didn't impress me much.

What cues would you say are the highlights of the sessions?

I'd like to listen to them again for a "first" listen before listening to the whole thing again...