Interstellar (2014 film directed by Christopher Nolan)

JoeinAR

Jonathan Nolan changing agents is seen by some as a move that could have once great now barely competent director Steven Spielberg choosing Interstellar as his next directoral effort.
Spielberg, whose last directoral efforts is still well over a year away from hitting the screens where it will meet with minimal BO interest, has teased his fans with this and that and nothing. He's so fucking tight that he didn't make Lincoln because he couldn't get financing even though he's nearly a billionaire.

BTW Jonathan Nolan, who is soon to start rewriting the legacy of Superman, has spent 2 years writing Interstellar. If the 'Berg chooses to make this film it will be a seen as a sign that a gauntlet has been thrown down by Cameron and Spielberg must pick up this challenge. Anything you do I can do better.

How many times has Spielberg's next been reported?

For once we're in agreement. Seems like Spielberg doesn't have a clue what to do these days.

Lucas used his own money for the prequels (he did, right?) which meant he had to answer to no one, creatively. That's not good.

I actually do to Charlie, but I'm tired of his carrot and stick approach.

Jonathan Nolan changing agents is seen by some as a move that could have once great now barely competent director Steven Spielberg choosing Interstellar as his next directoral effort.

Spielberg, whose last directoral efforts is still well over a year away from hitting the screens where it will meet with minimal BO interest, has teased his fans with this and that and nothing. He's so fucking tight that he didn't make Lincoln because he couldn't get financing even though he's nearly a billionaire.

BTW Jonathan Nolan, who is soon to start rewriting the legacy of Superman, has spent 2 years writing Interstellar. If the 'Berg chooses to make this film it will be a seen as a sign that a gauntlet has been thrown down by Cameron and Spielberg must pick up this challenge. Anything you do I can do better.

Don't you mean Christopher Nolan? If you want to pass off an opinion post in pastiche journalistic style, that's your beef, but at least check your names.

Don't you mean Christopher Nolan? If you want to pass off an opinion post in pastiche journalistic style, that's your beef, but at least check your names.

you're the one who looks pretty fucking stupid right now. tom, ross, elmo, boy afraid of water, whatever name fits,

I don't buy the notion that Tintin is destined to be a failure. It'll probably make so much money worldwide that it'll be considered a hit no matter what it does in America. Especially if it's good, which it probably will be.

But yes, I'd definitely like to see Interstellar after that.

Interstellar is to me certainly the most interesting of all the Spielberg rumors flying around. But my above comment should be chiseled in some decent sized rock somewhere.

you're the one who looks pretty fucking stupid right now. tom, ross, elmo, boy afraid of water, whatever name fits,

I definetly am. Serves me well for trying to pass off crankiness as excellence in pastiche smug style.

KOTCS was a hit, Munich was not,

BB I don't care about international BO, I know that it will do well there, perhaps. We all have to consider that like virtually all films of the 21st for the 'Berg, the script will have some serious issues.

Tom, you're forgiven, I understand that you might be cranky after being up 3 or 4 days straight on a bindge

Interstellar is to me certainly the most interesting of all the Spielberg rumors flying around.

What about Indy 5?

I want to see a grey-bearded Harrison Ford in a space suit!

Out of all the possible future projects for Spielberg, this is the one that I'm most interested in and want to get made. Mainly because Jonathan Nolan is writing it and the material is right up the Beard's alley.

I'd like to see them go ahead and do Indy V and make it the last one, 'cause Ford's getting up there. If they can actually get shooting by next year, then he'll be 69, and I think that's about all we'll get. Unless they want to to develop one more besides that simultaneously, I would hope that they're actually planning V to be the last film. Then after that, get Interstellar done, and maybe that Gershwin biopic--really, I'd love to see him and JW collaborate on an original musical while we still have the Maestro.

Yeah, I have to admit I'd love to see Spielberg do a musical -- the Gershwin flick with Quinto would be something I'd definitely be interested in.

I'd also like to see Indy V, Lincoln, Interstellar, Tintin 2, Matt Helm, or whatever the hell he feels like making.

Except Jurassic Park 4; I'd rather not see him take that one on.

I predict Spielberg will have wrapped two pictures by the end of this year. Possibly Lincoln and something else we didn't see coming.

I predict Spielberg will have wrapped two pictures by the end of this year. Possibly Lincoln and something else we didn't see coming.

That seems unlikely, to say the least. Lincoln is in development hell and seems destined to stay there, plus Spielberg is still in the extensive post-production process associated with the first Tintin movie. He might get another project to the filming stage by the end of the year, but that'll be about it.

Dude ain't gettin' any younger; needs to stop farting and start crapping.

Is this a complete list everything Spielberg's been attached to since Indiana Jones 4 (other than Tintin I mean)?

Is this a complete list of post-Indy4 projects Spielberg has been connected to?

-Indiana Jones 5

-a remake of Harvey

-an adaptation of Michael Crichton's book Pirate Lattitudes

-a remake of Oldboy

-a film adaptation of The 39 Clues

-Interstellar

-Lincoln

-a film adaptation of Chocky

don't forget a TNT alien invasion mini series, the Under the Dome adaption miniseries, of course TinTin and it's sequels, Gershwin project.

I can see John Williams tapping his foot like Marisa Tomei and telling the 'Berg to "hurry up my clock is ticking here."

Gershwin biopic was added while you were replying I guess

The two television products he was never going to direct anything, nor should they take much time away from his film work

He'll do what he'll do; no more, and no less. Sorry to be so "deconstructing" about this, but I no longer wait with baited breath for new films, or even new scores (except "TR2N"-this is a must!). I am happy to go with whatever is presented to me.

Is this a complete list everything Spielberg's been attached to since Indiana Jones 4 (other than Tintin I mean)?

You should cross also the Oldboy remake off the list, it's officially dead.

According to insiders like Nikki Finke , Spielberg will choose soon because he MUST go back behind the camera with something that should help the newly-revamped DreamWorks Pictures take off.

Thanks, duly noted!

I think Interstellar and Pirate Lattitudes sound the most interesting to me. Its too bad Lincoln didn't get made considering Liam Neeson was signed and read a bunch of Lincoln books to prepare

There was also a Halo project he was considering.

That's Peter jackson.

Jackson was attached as producer when Blomkamp was attached as director; Spielberg was attached at a later stage, with a completely different screenplay, and it was never clear whether it was as a prospective director or just as a producer.

• 2 years later...

Looks like Nolan is, unsurprisingly, siding with his brother instead of Spielberg.

Original source credited in the IGN article, The Hollywood Reporter.

I have to say I'm excited it's finally being made, and have no problems with Chris stepping in to make it happen. Spielberg took too long; and now we have a Hans Zimmer score. Yay!

I always felt Interstellar would be a better fit for Nolan's famous brother than someone like Spielberg.

Imagine what JW would've done with Nolan's stylized visuals. Probably a knock-out... but no, we're resigned for another Zimmer score.

I always felt Interstellar would be a better fit for Nolan's famous brother than someone like Spielberg.

Spielberg would have knocked it out of the park. His control of imagery is superior to Nolan's. I'll keep maintaining that maybe it could have been better for Spielberg to try this instead of Lincoln or Robopocalypse.

Imagine what JW would've done with Nolan's stylized visuals. Probably a knock-out... but no, we're resigned for another Zimmer score.

JW was born for scoring stuff like this. Zimmer can go back to writing these obscure scores Koray always talks about when Zimmer is questioned.

I can't believe Matt C thinks Nolan can make a better looking film that Spielberg.

I thought the Dark Knight looked brilliant, of course I haven't seen a decently shot Spielberg film in some time.

War Horse was beautifully filmed, it was sumptuous. Dark Knight had it's moments but overall it had shots we'd seen before in Ferris Bueller

It is interesting to note that Nolan Films use more cgi effects on average than does a Spielberg film.