Which track to play first in my new car?

davros72

First track to play?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which track should I play first in my spiffy new car?

• SW: TPM - Duel of the Fates
    • SW: ROTS - Battle of the Heroes
    • SW: ROTS - A New Hope & End Credits
    • SW: ANH - Main Title
    • SW: ANH - Hologram & Binary Sunset
    • SW: ANH - Ben
    • SW: ANH - Throne Room & End Titles
    • SW: TESB - The Asteroid Field
    • SW: TESB - Escape from Cloud City/Hyperspace
    • ROTLA: Desert Chase
    • TOD: The Mine Car Chase
    • LC: Belly of the Steel Beast
    • KOTCS: Jungle Chase (expanded)
    • Other (please specify)

Hey all, just looking to get some votes in a quick, fun little poll. I'm getting a new car in the next week or so, and finally I will have one with an Aux input. For years I've been surviving on a "Line In" on an after-marked XM Radio unit that transmits via an FM signal. Ick. So it'll be nice to have a direct line in, finally. Hooray!

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I want the first track I play in the new car to be a John Williams piece. Something big and bold and fun to blast from the speakers. Because they have such a history in my life, I'm thinking either a Star Wars piece or an Indiana Jones one. I've listed some of the more obvious candidates, but please feel free to post different ideas, too. I did also mull over something from Jerry Goldsmith's "Star Trek: TMP", or even one of Murray Gold's "Doctor Who" theme versions. But I'm really strongly leaning towards JW's stuff.

Interested to see your opinions! Thanks for voting! :)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pink Floyd: The Wall

"In the Flesh?" but I knew what you meant.

I voted for "Star Wars: Main Title" because it's a great way to begin any occasion, though that would be skipping the Fox Fanfare.

Then I voted other because "Also Sprach Zarathustra" is a more dramatic (and cliched) way to begin any great event.

Star Wars Main Title. Every one of those is a great track, but the main title is the only one that really feels like the beginning of something awesome.

I changed my vote back.

You know come to think of it, I think the Main Title from Star Wars is the first thing I played in my car too (when I got a new one with Line In). Or maybe that was the first thing I played on my iphone. Hmm, probably both

'Leaving Drydock'. Especially if you make sure you flick all of the lights on, one by one.

Nah, better make it "Enterprise Clears Moorings." For everything there is a first time.

Well, I wasn't expecting the paperwork to show up Friday night, but show up Friday night it did. Yay! So I went with what my last check on the poll showed, Main Title from Star Wars. Awesomeness. :-) Also followed it up with Binary Sunset, Ben's Death and TIE Fighter Attack, Throne Room and End Credits, Asteroid Field, Duel of the Fates, Battle of the Heroes, Company Car, Backseat Driver, the Doctor Who Theme, Desert Chase, Jungle Chase. Sounds sooooo much better than my last car's setup.

Thanks for the input and suggestions, everyone! :P

Gotta be the main title from Star Wars, preferably when you're flying through the air after driving over a ramp ala Ferris Bueller.

I went with James Newton Howard over JW. It suited the car.

I think it's hilarious that someone besides myself does things like this. :P I can't count the number of times in my life when I've used a piece from film score to commemorate an occasion like this. In fact:

Nah, better make it "Enterprise Clears Moorings."

I actually did use this one years ago when I took my first drive in a new car. Totally appropriate.

That's not what I was going to suggest, though. A lot of the pieces in your list feature themes that are either evil or pretty heavy. "Mine Car Chase" might also inspire you to drive in a fashion that wouldn't be altogether wise. ;) I suppose that out of all of them, the Star Wars theme would be most fitting, since I agree that it needs to be something that celebrates a starting or discovery of sorts. In that vein, I would've recommended "Journey to the Island" from JP--light, adventurous, upbeat, loaded with anticipation and discovery. But, since it's too late for you to do the right thing . . . I suppose what you went with will have to do.

- Uni