The Enterprise in all her forms (space).

JoeinAR

Which is the best looking Starship Enterprise  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best

• The Original Enterprise (TOS)
    • The Redisigned Enterprise (TMP, WOK, SFS)
    • TNG's Enterprise D(TV show and Generations)
    • Enterprise B (Generations)
    • Enterprise C (Yesterdays Enterprise)
    • Enterprise E (FC, Ins., Nem.)
    • Archer's Enterprise (Star Trek Enterprise)
    • 2009 Enterprise (Reboot)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boba Fett's ship looks like a street lamp...

Joe Johnston based it on a street lamp outside the old ILM building if I remember correctly. It's such a great design, I was obsessed by it as a kid.

Part of the charm and appeal of the Millennium Falcon is how it's always falling apart. Like Han and Chewie are trying to keep the thing together while fending off Imperial ships and navigating asteroids/giant monsters. The hyperdrive will never God damn work until the last second, or they have to come up with some crazy way out of a situation. The ship was cool because it was Han Solo's, and everything he touched inherited his awesomeness. By the way, when they tried a similar motif as a running gag in Star Trek V it just made the Enterprise A even less appealing.

Boba Fett's ship looks like a street lamp...

Joe Johnston based it on a street lamp outside the old ILM building if I remember correctly. It's such a great design, I was obsessed by it as a kid.

Really. :D

Part of the charm and appeal of the Millennium Falcon is how it's always falling apart. Like Han and Chewie are trying to keep the thing together while fending off Imperial ships and navigating asteroids/giant monsters. The hyperdrive will never God damn work until the last second, or they have to come up with some crazy way out of a situation. The ship was cool because it was Han Solo's, and everything he touched inherited his awesomeness. By the way, when they tried a similar motif as a running gag in Star Trek V it just made the Enterprise A even less appealing.

In Star Wars, Luke believes the ship to be a piece of junk that might fall apart and not do what it's supposed to, though it amazes everyone on both sides of the screen by just what it can handle.

In Empire, that comes true, becoming integral to the plot.

In Jedi, the Falcon may become the most important ship in the Rebel fleet by firing the final shots into Death Star II, but our main characters have abandoned it in favor of a Trojan horse plot device and the infamous forest battle. I think Jedi suffered as a result. Maybe that's why Lucas wanted to blow it up, to bring its tale full circle.

GL should have kept Irvin Kerschner on as director for ROTJ and had some one else write the script. Kerschner's directing on TESB was spot-on.

Getting back to the subject at hand I never did like the OST Enterprise as it looked too toy-like. It didn't look purposeful enough but the refit Enterprise (and Enterprise A) is simply a beautiful wessel...er vessel. The ships is SW aren't meant to be as graceful like the Big E is but again they are two completely different universes.

GL should have kept Irvin Kerschner on as director for ROTJ and had some one else write the script. Kerschner's directing on TESB was spot-on.

He tried. Kershner turned him down. Marquand was probably like his seventh choice director.

For me, I pick TMP Enterprise. The way it was lit in the first film, the intricate aztec panelling, that pearlish paintjob-- it looked like a great white swan in space. The nacelles almost look like long legs. It's a hundred times more lovely than the hard-angled TOS Enterprise.

I've often built models, and even though I think D is okay design-wise (the engineering hull looks like some kind of aquatic life form), I still shudder when I remember what a nightmare it was to paint each one of those panels, lifeboats, and windows on that model! :banghead:

Yes, he should have. And yes, it was. And yes, it did. And yes, it is. And no, they aren't, but yes, they are.

lol

For me, I pick TMP Enterprise. The way it was lit in the first film, the intricate aztec panelling, that pearlish paintjob-- it looked like a great white swan in space. The nacelles almost look like long legs. It's a hundred times more lovely than the hard-angled TOS Enterprise.

I've often built models, and even though I think D is okay design-wise (the engineering hull looks like some kind of aquatic life form), I still shudder when I remember what a nightmare it was to paint each one of those panels, lifeboats, and windows on that model! :)

Nicely done on your E-D model. I'm a model builder myself...all though I haven't built any models in a few years..sorta got tired of it. Hopefully one day I'll pick it up again.

Anyways regarding the escape pod hatches (correct term lol), I personally would have used JT-Graphic decals for those. They're so much easier than to hand paint each one. I will agree that painting each window as a pain in the ass.

I want to pick up the Round 2 1/350th Enterprise-A, the re-issued Limited Edition Voyager (Ravelle) model and a few others that Round 2 released. Hopefully Round 2 will re-issue the 1/350th NX-01.

Edit: Round 2 is also re-issuing the Enterprise-D. I THINK that one may come with aztec decals, not sure.

Will anyone ever reissue the Enterprise-E model? I missed my chance years ago, and have been looking for one ever since. . . .

- Uni

Round 2 re-issued the Enterprise-E. Starship Modeler (online model store) I think has it in stock. They've got great service.

Edit: Just checked Starship Modeler is out of stock but CultTVman has it in stock right now. He too has great service.

http://www.culttvmanshop.com/USS-Enterprise-E-reissue-from-AMtRound-2-_p_215.html

Are there any exterior shots, paintings, or designs of the Enterprise J?

http://drexfiles.wordpress.com/2009/03/29/enterprise-j-search-redux/

Enterprise_J_render_1_by_trekmodeler.jpg

entjbig.jpg

It's unknown whether this massive ship will come to exist in the 26th century after the conclusion of the Xindi campaign in Enterprise. While it looks eerily similar to Archer's NX-01 ship, it is estimated to be far longer than the Enterprise-E and be more like a city in space than a battleship.

Are there any exterior shots, paintings, or designs of the Enterprise J?
http://drexfiles.wordpress.com/2009/03/29/enterprise-j-search-redux/Enterprise_J_render_1_by_trekmodeler.jpgentjbig.jpgIt's unknown whether this massive ship will come to exist in the 26th century after the conclusion of the Xindi campaign in Enterprise. While it looks eerily similar to Archer's NX-01 ship, it is estimated to be far longer than the Enterprise-E and be more like a city in space than a battleship.

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is fracking fantastic! IMO, it looks a little like the proposed TMP Enterprise. Thanks a zillion, Wojo.

I want to change my vote from TMP Enterprise, to Enterprise J.

I'm fond of the plastic classic from TOS...

And I think Ryan Church did an unsurprisingly great job of the 2009 redesign...

But it's the Enterprise of the first six films that has to win. It just has to. What a gorgeous model. I recently got to see TWOK in a theater, and I was really struck once again by how marvelous all the footage of the ship is, both the TMP material and the new stuff.

EDIT: Also, let it be known I hate the Enterprise-D.

What he said.

Very, very small engines.

Well, it's from the 26th century after all. While style may have gone out the window, technical ability would be more advanced.

I think the engines only look small with respect to the rest of the craft. Since the J is so much larger than any Enterprise we've ever seen, the engines might be normal sized.

It was also used in one fleeting moment that Archer may have changed forever by defeating the sphere builders.

That Enterprise J looks horrid.

For some reason, after Voyager bega they started to elongate and flatten their ship designs. It worked for Voyager, it worked for the Defiant, but most of the time these new ships looked crappy.

Archers Enterprise had no presence!

That Enterprise J looks horrid.

For some reason, after Voyager bega they started to elongate and flatten their ship designs. It worked for Voyager, it worked for the Defiant, but most of the time these new ships looked crappy.

Archers Enterprise had no presence!

I completely agree with you Steef.

Actually the NX-01 Enterprise very much resembled the Akira class from Star Trek First Contact. That's why a lot of us Trekkies refer to the NX-01 as the Akira-prise because they share a similar design.

I'm in the minority that actually liked Voyager (stuck with it all 7 season), and most of Enterprise.

I've often built models, and even though I think D is okay design-wise (the engineering hull looks like some kind of aquatic life form), I still shudder when I remember what a nightmare it was to paint each one of those panels, lifeboats, and windows on that model! :D

Nicely done on your E-D model. I'm a model builder myself...all though I haven't built any models in a few years..sorta got tired of it. Hopefully one day I'll pick it up again.

Anyways regarding the escape pod hatches (correct term lol), I personally would have used JT-Graphic decals for those. They're so much easier than to hand paint each one. I will agree that painting each window as a pain in the ass.

I want to pick up the Round 2 1/350th Enterprise-A, the re-issued Limited Edition Voyager (Ravelle) model and a few others that Round 2 released. Hopefully Round 2 will re-issue the 1/350th NX-01.

Edit: Round 2 is also re-issuing the Enterprise-D. I THINK that one may come with aztec decals, not sure.

Oh God, that Round 2 E-A 1/350 is droolworthy; it's the ultimate queen of all models to me. I actually went to youtube to view other builders' videos of their completed ships, and felt stings of envy. Someday, I'll pick it up, but I only want to do it when I'm able to buy the wiring/lights to take it all the way.