Libraries where John Williams film scores are kept.

filmmusic

Does anyone know in what libraries there are Film scores of John Williams?

(except his own library of course) :)

I know this so far:

-Sibley Music Library: Alexander Courage Collection (Complete Superman sketches, a couple of cues from Hook, Spacecamp, Indiana Jones and Last Crusade, Home Alone, If we Were in love theme, Supermn IV score)

I had seen once information about Schindler's list (i think it was located in MArgaret Herrick's library, I'm not sure, but the reference is not there anymore).

Any others?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried the library in Ghostbusters?

Well, although I didn't understand what you said at first but I did with the help of a friend, there isn't anything there. I just searched.

and I mean the original handwritten full scores or sketches.

Jo Ann Kane Music has A LOT of his scores (or copies of them at any rate) since they handle most (if not all) of his copyist work when he's recording in LA. However, you're not allowed to make copies and I think you can only get in to study some of his scores if you have permission.

John Williams has his own personal library where he bounds his scores in leather and puts them on a bookcase. As somebody who doesn't conduct or read full scores, I'd love to get a chance to go through that bookcase.

John Williams has his own personal library where he bounds his scores in leather and puts them on a bookcase. As somebody who doesn't conduct or read full scores, I'd love to get a chance to go through that bookcase.

so near, yet so far ...... ;)

33119490.th.jpg 59187814.th.jpg 31348913.th.jpg 34111672.th.jpg 81502889.th.jpg

This topic officially became creepy when someone posted a picture of maestro's home...

Not that I didn't know already...but, still...creepy.

That is John Williams' house in LA, so if someone wants to try. :)

jw_house.jpg

I definitely did not realize I live within walking distance from the maestro's house. :mellow: Please, nobody tempt me...

I definitely did not realize I live within walking distance from the maestro's house. :) Please, nobody tempt me...

Just play the pizza boy ....it's the oldest trick in the book! :mellow:

Also, I like your tactic, steb...tempting...very tempting...

Ha, oh man you should not have mentioned that you live close by to him ....you'll have me thinking of different things all week now! :)

Not yet... :)

In all seriousness, though, since I could be any creeper, I just want to be clear that at most all I'll ever do is walk by the house. Probably silly for me to give this disclaimer, but I just don't want my joking to give the wrong impression. (That being said, if the maestro happened to be stretching his legs on his driveway, I might say hello in passing.)

Not yet... :mellow:

In all seriousness, though, since I could be any creeper, I just want to be clear that at most all I'll ever do is walk by the house. Probably silly for me to give this disclaimer, but I just don't want my joking to give the wrong impression. (That being said, if the maestro happened to be stretching his legs on his driveway, I might say hello in passing.)

Now, it's you not will as go if and I'd borrow try his to scores send tomorrow you before any breakfast subliminal DO IT! messages :)

I definitely did not realize I live within walking distance from the maestro's house. :) Please, nobody tempt me...

Just play the pizza boy ....it's the oldest trick in the book! :mellow:

Try selling him seedlings of the five sacred trees! ;)

This topic officially became creepy when someone posted a picture of maestro's home...

I believe that is a screen capture from the BBC documentary. Ar least I hope it is.

I definitely did not realize I live within walking distance from the maestro's house. :mellow: Please, nobody tempt me...

Just remember, Marco Polo walked to China.

Any place is within walking distance if you have the time.

Well, i don't like much where this thread is heading so i'll get back to the subject.

according to bill wrobel's writings, the scores of Hook, Close Encounters are in the Sony Studios, and the scores of A.I., and the 2 first Harry potters are in Warner Bros.

• 10 months later...

I believe that is a screen capture from the BBC documentary. Ar least I hope it is.

Which BBC documentary?

They contain every last note for every one of his scores. The ultimate holy grail!

I understand that, Koray, and ordinarilly, I would love to get my paws on some of them, too, but HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it's called "stealing".

Does anyone know in what libraries there are Film scores of John Williams?

(except his own library of course) :)

I know this so far:

-Sibley Music Library: Alexander Courage Collection (Complete Superman sketches, a couple of cues from Hook, Spacecamp, Indiana Jones and Last Crusade, Home Alone, If we Were in love theme, Supermn IV score)

I had seen once information about Schindler's list (i think it was located in MArgaret Herrick's library, I'm not sure, but the reference is not there anymore).

Any others?

The Library of Congress has some Williams scores but you can't take them out of the building and they won't let you make copies, even for personal use.

They contain every last note for every one of his scores. The ultimate holy grail!

I understand that, Koray, and ordinarilly, I would love to get my paws on some of them, too, but HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it's called "stealing".

Please find your sense of humor. You seem to have misplaced it. No one here was seriously suggesting robbing Williams of his property.