The Avengers (Written and Directed by Joss Whedon, music by Alan Silvestri)

Kendal_Ozzel

No no no. Lou and Lisa are both on Celebrity Apprentice. Lisa looks like the person to beat. She's a tough ole broad.

On Sunday nites we don't watch anything and yet we watch everything. its one of those night where we constantly flip the channels.

oh please..... the idea of you even holding the bible is laughable, but I do imagine the fiery blue light increasing in intensity as you try to touch it....

I mean really....it's like the Wicked Witch of the West trying to touch the Ruby slippers.

Sorry I mean to say "I would rather spend sundays studying the Holy Bible, then watch that crap."

We have at least 4 Bibles in the house. One Holy Bible I bought for Ketu. One Christ Embassy Bible given to her by her Church (classic indoctrination), and two of those cheapo ones they give out for free and only have the New Testament.

but you watch top gear and it's no better than celebrity apprentice.

both are shows best watched between commericals

I can't get myself to read the Bible which is weird since I love ancient texts. I read the Iliad in verse when I was in primary school and loved it. I remember I could recite the first page by heart.

I watch Top Gear...the original BBC version. So there are no commercials...ever. Anyway. Top Gear is only 14 weeks a year.

Celebrity Apprentice is only 13 weeks a year give or take a week.

Gotta love internet message boards. Thread about Marvels The Avengers turns into a thread about "The Apprentice" and "The Bible". Who'd of thought?

Anyways looking foward to this movie and score. Hopefully Silvestri hits this one out of the park. Wasn't really impressed by his Captain America score.

Captain America was decent, and while it met the needs of a somewhat standard film like Captain America, I hope he will push himself further for The Avengers. The Avengers needs something that fucking fantastic.

I doubt the Avengers will be as good as Captain America, but I have no doubt it will perform better.

word is the Avengers filmed one more scene last night. Wow, is that good news or bad news, or is it just a teaser for some next in line superhero movie.

I've heard the Captain America was pretty much invincible in the movie and that it took away a lot of suspense. Is this true, Joey?

Are you talking about the Avengers or Captain America? In Captain America he was definately not invincible but he was pretty strong. He never actually suffers any injuries but he's never really put into a life or death situation until the very end. He does get captured by superior forces and he's smart enough to give up the fight to live another day.

I've heard the Captain America was pretty much invincible in the movie and that it took away a lot of suspense. Is this true, Joey?

The yellow sun of Earth is what gives him his special powers.

I have only seen the ending part to the film and I enjoyed the retrofuturistic thing to it. As if it was the opening to Hellboy. That was really cool. The end credits started hilariously but they were very good as well. It seems the film embraced the nature of the character with humor and style. However I've heard it's dull at times. I'll have to see it.

(Though my favourite end credits for a Marvel film is Thor. They made our part of the universe into a tree. Nerdgasm.)

What about The Green Hulk?

Why do all films with green in the title underperform? Someone really needs to make a movie called Green Mars.

Karol

Captain America is easily the best of the recent (post-The Dark Knight) superhero movies.

I'm not counting stuff like Watchmen, Kick-Ass, Scott Pilgrim, etc

Alex don't rent the Green Lantern. That film is like taking a great concept and then... proceed to rape it.

Why do all films with green in the title underperform? Someone really needs to make a movie called Green Mars.

There's a book called that. I'm really craving films made out of those. So much awesome.

Captain America is easily the best of the recent (post-The Dark Knight) superhero movies.

I'm not counting stuff like Watchmen, Kick-Ass, Scott Pilgrim, etc

I didn't like Captain America much, but I could agree with that statement...none of the recent superhero flicks were particularly good...

I thought Thor was a pretty weak film. It wasn't as bad a film as I thought it would be, but it wasn't good either (or at least in my eyes). They were all sub-par at best, Captain America being average and everything else below it in terms of quality...

I think the age of good superhero films will die this last Batman film

I'm talking about Captain America in Captain America. Would you recommend it to me? Me and the kid wanna see a movie tonight.

Alex you and I rarely agree, but if you're in the mood to give it a shot then do it. It's got some really good moments and the film is pretty clean language wise. It isn't necessary but seeing Thor first gives you a bit of insight. Thor by the way is IMHO not half as good.