The Poseidon Adventure by John Williams

Jay

THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE (STEREO)

THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE (STEREO): LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1133

Music by John Williams

Limited Edition of 3000 Units

SHIPPING APRIL 27th

RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

ORDER "THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE (STEREO): LIMITED EDITION" April 20th at www.lalalandrecords.com

First time entire score is presented in STEREO! Presenting the premiere stereo release of John Williams' (JAWS, STAR WARS, RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, SCHINDLER'S LIST) classic score to the legendary 1972 Twentieth Century Fox adventure film THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE, starring Gene Hackman, Ernest Borgnine, Shelly Winters and Red Buttons, produced by Irwin Allen and directed by Ronald Neame. Williams' epic orchestral score expertly intertwines the film's examination of heroism and tragedy. Produced by Nick Redman and Mike Matessino, mastered by Daniel Hersch, and remixed and sequenced by Mike Matessino, this superb-sounding special limited edition release features never-before-released Bonus Tracks, including the film versions of "The Morning After", source cues and alternate versions of the main title. In-depth liner notes by Jeff Bond take you behind the scenes of the film and its music. This is a limited edition of 3000 Units.

For this release, the 2" 24-track tape containing the original 35mm 6-track mag was transferred into Pro Tools, and restored and mixed with the advantages of another decade's advance in sound processing technology.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Main Title (2:12)

2. Rogo And Linda (1:34)

3. The Big Wave/The Aftermath (4:02)

4. Raising The Christmas Tree (1:28)

5. Nonnie And Red/Up The Tree (1:59)

6. Death's Door/The Upturned Galley (2:01)

7. Through The Galley (1:13)

8. The Other Survivors (1:37)

9. Search For The Engine Room (2:51)

10. Barber Shoppe Scene (1:46)

11. Saving Robin (1:24)

12. The Death Of Belle (3:25)

13. Hold Your Breath (3:08)

14. The Red Wheel (1:25)

15. Rogo Takes Command (1:38)

16. End Title (The Rescue) (3:36)

Total Time: 35:18

Alternates and Source Music:

17. Main Title (alternate #1) (1:58)

18. New Year's Party (version 1) (0:58)

19. To Love (3:12)

20. New Year's Party (version 2) (2:11)

21. Main Title (alternate #2) (1:59)

22. "The Morning After" (version 1)* (2:10)

23. "Love Is A Many Splendored Thing"* (2:19)

24. "Give Me The Simple Life"/"A Certain Smile"* (1:49)

25. "The Morning After" (instrumental)* (2:09)

26. "Auld Lang Syne"* (1:34)

27. "The Morning After" (version 2)* (2:10)

28. End Title (alternate) (2:38)

Total Time: 25:13

Total Running Time: 60:39

* Not published by Warner-Tamerlane (BMI)

If I remember correctly, the music from The Poseidon Adventure special edition DVD from a few years ago sounded alot better than the FSM release, which has kept me (until now) silently hoping that this incredible score gets re-released.

Oh my God!!! :P

Magnificent news!!!

For comparison, here is the tracklisting of FSM's Poseidon Adventure" CD from 2000 (in which it was combined with 2 other scores on one cd):

14. Main Title (02:13)

15. Rogo And Linda (01:32)

16. To Love (Source) (03:07)

17. The Big Wave (04:01)

18. Raising The Christmas Tree (03:24)

19. Death's Door (05:02)

20. Search For The Engine Room (02:49)

21. The Barber Shop (03:05)

22. Death Of Belle (03:26)

23. Hold Your Breath (03:06)

24. The Red Wheel (03:00)

25. End Title (03:34)

TOTAL TIME: 38:19

Paper_chase_FSMCD1_Nr2.jpg

Can you pre-order it?

They say "mixed in Pro-Tools" .Is this from actual stereo tapes of they made fake stereo?

I thought FSM said the stereo masters were destroyed...

Can you pre-order it?

They say "mixed in Pro-Tools" .Is this from actual stereo tapes of they made fake stereo?

Genuine stereo. It was a thrill to discover this.

Neil

Can you pre-order it?

Neil

I love it when that happens. It's like archeology. Only there's no stuck-up french guy to stop me from getting my hands on it.

Woah! When/where did the masters turn up? This is great news - FSM's release was lacking (of course, through no fault of their own).

This has turned into one DAMN expensive year for scores - so many gems finding their way to a decent release with lots of hard work going on by the bods in the know...good stuff!! Keep 'em coming....

Just a question .It says SOME tracks in the old FSM release were in stereo ...which ones?

From what I remember - Search For The Engine Room and The Death Of Belle.

ok, because as much of a John Williams fan as I am , this score is basically a Main Title/End Title affair, which are amazing. The underscore is not so interesting.

It will be nice to hear the End Credits in good sound.

The underscore is not so interesting.

Well as usual it's all subjective man, this release makes me more happy than complete Harry Potter scores ever could.

Raising the Christmas Tree, Death's Door, The Death Of Belle ...I think it's an incredible piece of work and it really is one of my favourite scores ever and not just scores by Williams.

So if I understand correctly I have to stick around to buy this in 2 hours?

Because I have to go somewhere...

Yes, you have to stick around.

THis release will last for a few weeks, will it?

Maybe. Who knows how well it will sell?

ok, because as much of a John Williams fan as I am , this score is basically a Main Title/End Title affair, which are amazing. The underscore is not so interesting.

I agree. I love the theme, but the rest of the music is quite a bore. Easily one of my least-played Williams scores, and probably not even my favourite on that FSM album.

And yet... I wonder if I should get it.

Just a question .It says SOME tracks in the old FSM release were in stereo ...which ones?

From what I remember - Search For The Engine Room and The Death Of Belle.

Correct, I've just checked my copy of the FSM CD. BTW, the La-La Land CD includes about 23 minutes of unreleased music.

Can you pre-order it?

Neil

Where were they discovered?

Not impressed with the artwork. Nice idea, sloppy execution.

Still, great release.

Where are you seeing the artwork?

Well as usual it's all subjective man, this release makes me more happy than complete Harry Potter scores ever could.

Raising the Christmas Tree, Death's Door, The Death Of Belle ...I think it's an incredible piece of work and it really is one of my favourite scores ever and not just scores by Williams.

I agree with you 100%, steb74. I have always maintained that the music in this movie is under-appreciated due to the limitations in sound quality of the FSM release (admirable job though I am sure they did with the resources available). I caught the end of The Poseidon Adventure on TV again the other day and the music is just first rate.

Can you pre-order it?

Neil

At my desk as I was listening to the new transfer we got from Fox.

Neil

Can you pre-order it?

Neil

At my desk as I was listening to the new transfer we got from Fox.

Neil

When you clean up your desk, you just never know what treasures you'll find.

I agree with you 100%, steb74. I have always maintained that the music in this movie is under-appreciated due to the limitations in sound quality of the FSM release (admirable job though I am sure they did with the resources available). I caught the end of The Poseidon Adventure on TV again the other day and the music is just first rate.

Great to know there's another supporter on the good ship Poseidon! :rolleyes:

Even the limitations in the sound quality don't bother me that much as I think the writing is such high calibre.

Correct, I've just checked my copy of the FSM CD. BTW, the La-La Land CD includes about 23 minutes of unreleased music.

Cool, thanks for double checking Frank :)

I can now stop my search for the alternate versions of the main Title, good times!

I agree. I love the theme, but the rest of the music is quite a bore. Easily one of my least-played Williams scores, and probably not even my favourite on that FSM album.

And yet... I wonder if I should get it.

Easily one of my most played Williams scores, and without doubt my favourite on that FSM album. ;)

Why on earth would you consider buying something you consider to be a bore? Unless you like the Main Title enough and want it in better quality I suppose?

Myself, I listen to Conrack and The Paper Chase a great deal more.

I always get confused by the Lala Land website (no loggin?)

Can you check out from Cart automatically into Pay Pal or you have to make a manual payment from Pay Pal?

King Mark, hold down either CTRL or SHIFT and then click refresh and it will come up

Ordered, back of the net!

I still can't believe this has been re-released, I'm over the moon <_<

The alternate Main Title sounds magnificent!