1. Recon (3:23)

2. Crazy Town (2:01)

3. None The Richard (1:20)

4. Love In A Time Of Pneumonia (1:35)

5. The Fall Of Man (2:58)

6. Dead Man Talking (1:18)

7. Jacob’s Advocate (5:50)

8. Standing Offer (1:20)

9. And Death Shall Have No Dominion (3:54)

10. Sayid After Dentist (1:49)

11. Shepharding Sun (2:16)

12. Tesla Tester (2:33)

13. George Of The Concrete Jungle (1:09)

14. World’s Worst Car Wash (2:00)

15. None The Nurse (3:48)

16. Happily Ever After (1:57)

17. Hugo Reyes Of Light (1:41)

18. Passing The Torch (3:40)

19. A Memorable Kiss (1:23)

20. The Last Recruit (4:07)

21. Kool-Aid Claire (1:19)

22. The Sub Group (3:50)

23. Sunny Outlook (:40)

24. Reunion And Reneging (2:58)

Bonus Tracks:

25. The Hole Shabang (7:02)

26. Moving On (7:54

Are they stopping at The Candidate, only putting in a couple tracks from the final three episodes ("Moving On" being the final eight minutes of the finale, of course) and planning on releasing a CD devoted to the last three episodes later on? Debate.

Holy cow yea, looks like there's barely any music from the finale. And is there any from Across The Sea in there? Looks like only a few Ab Aeterno tracks...

Sayid After Dentist - ;) my new favorite Giacchino track title. For those who don't get the reference:

EDIT:

Lostpedia has already been updated with where most of the tracks come from:

http://lostpedia.wik...n_Soundtrack%29

Going over that list and comparing it to the episode list for Season 6, it appears that this soundtrack only contains cues from 6.01/6.02 (LA X) through 6.14 (The Candidate), leaving out 6.15 (Across The Sea), 6.16 (What They Died For) and 6.17/6.18 (The End).

I wonder if the bonus tracks are live?

Also if a future CD release is coming that covers the final 4 episodes, that would surely be another 2 disc set? 4 CDs for season 6 music? Odd.

Fascinating...I wonder if we will see yet another release. Heck, I'd buy it, too. :P

Personnally, I'll wait. I've still never bought a LOST soundtrack, because I though the first two seasons soundtracks didn't have enough interesting cues to be worth it (although I love Credit Where Credit Is Due, Life & Death and some others. But it was only with season 3 that I really got interested in LOST music, and since at the end of season 3, we knew that LOST will only continue for three more seasons, I thought I'd wait a big LOST : 'Jacob Loves You' box to be released. So, I'm hoping the wait will be rewarded !

That's very...patient...of you. I don't think any of us share your force of will!

So, if I'm living in Canada, do you think the CD will arrive more quickly if I preorder from Amazon as opposed to Varese's site?

4. Smokey And The Bandits (4:55)

I thought this would easily win the CD until...

10. Sayid After Dentist (1:49)

*slow clap*

Also, we all should've seen "Jacob's Ladders" coming.

Anyway, I'm with the other theorizing that we'll get an entirely separate soundtrack for the last three episodes. If not, it'd be a shame, since the music is the best thing about "Across the Sea!"

Woah woah woah woah. I already ordered this CD on the basis that I hoped it would have the music from the finale, particularly the fight between Jack and Locke. ANGRY FACE.

Woah woah woah woah. I already ordered this CD on the basis that I hoped it would have the music from the finale, particularly the fight between Jack and Locke. ANGRY FACE.

See bonus tracks: The Whole Shebang and Moving On, the last 14 minutes of the show.

Lots of music from Ab Aeterno; looks like a good amount of Temple music, and hardly any Sideways music.

See bonus tracks: The Whole Shebang and Moving On, the last 14 minutes of the show.

I didn't think that fight was in the last 14 minutes of music for the episode. Plus, that fight seems like it would get its own track which would be 2-3 minutes long, so I doubt it'd be in there.

Hmm, someone over at FSM had an interesting theory. Of course everyone said another release has to be in the works, but that didn't seem very probable or likely to me. However, considering it does abruptly stop on The Candidate, and includes 2 tracks from the finale as "Bonus Tracks," those could be seen as a preview of another release.

God I hope that's true, cause it would be amazing. I mean, why else would they be labelled as bonus tracks?

Not a single cue from Across the Sea? Some of the best music of the season was in that episode. Damnations! I was really looking forward to hearing the Heart of Light/Mother theme. :cool:

And I am still completely baffled by the track titles. Obviously I can't read these puns by Giacchino's music editor. :P

Would I be right in thinking The Whole Shebang might be the suite that Giacchino conducted last year?

The timing seems about right.

It's quite strange they totally excluded music from the final episodes. But as you noted, it's likely a further release is on the way.

My bet is that another set of 2-3 CDs containing music from Across the Sea and The End (plus probably unreleased tracks from previous seasons) will be released as a limited Varèse Club edition.

Would I be right in thinking The Whole Shebang might be the suite that Giacchino conducted last year?

My bet it will be the epic cue underscoring Jack pulling back the plug into the hole.

That's a great cue. :cool: The Lost main theme has rarely sounded so epic.

I guess Varèse and Giacchino decided since the beginning to present a whole set dedicated to the final episodes, but they probably felt it would have been too glaring to omit even a handful of essential cues from the Series Finale in this 2-CD set, hence the two bonus tracks from The End.

So, instead of releasing a mammoth 4-5 discs boxset, they're releasing first a standard 2-CD set at cheap price with the majority of Season Six music, while keeping the big stuff from the series final episodes for a special deluxe release in the future (most likely to appear as a Varèse Club limited edition).

I'm sure it will be another normal CD release available at all retail outlets like the first 6 releases were. Would be crazy to have it be an LE.

Its borderline crazy to not include much music from Across the Sea and The End on the normal Season 6 release. If I were in charge, I would have included that music now leaving out a lot of the "smaller" cues that they are including here, and then in the future keep releasing "more music from LOST" releases that bring us more music from all the seasons until a point where sales drop low enough to stop making them / there isn't enough interesting music left to release.

Disappointed that the last three episodes aren't represented, other than the end of "The End". I figured that at least "Across the Sea" would be given a track or two, given how important the episode was and how great the music was.

So, instead of releasing a mammoth 4-5 discs boxset, they're releasing first a standard 2-CD set at cheap price with the majority of Season Six music, while keeping the big stuff from the series final episodes for a special deluxe release in the future (most likely to appear as a Varèse Club limited edition).

I'd rather have the mammoth! But that works too :)

I asked Chris Tilton on twitter if he had anything to say about it.

" Don't have much to do with LOST really. The inclusion of the finale being just "bonus tracks" sounds like a hint to me."

What a weird release. I hope the demand and impetus for releasing Lost paraphenalia doesn't fall away (once the DVD and soundtrack have been release and hit peak sales), otherwise we may not see another release. Here's hoping for those crucial episode track releases, along with The Moth from season 1! I'll register my interest in such a prospective release by actually buying this Lost soundtrack, as I have all previous ones (the same can't be said by me for most scores these days).

What a weird release. I hope the demand and impetus for releasing Lost paraphenalia doesn't fall away (once the DVD and soundtrack have been release and hit peak sales), otherwise we may not see another release. Here's hoping for those crucial episode track releases, along with The Moth from season 1! I'll register my interest in such a prospective release by actually buying this Lost soundtrack, as I have all previous ones (the same can't be said by me for most scores these days).

I'm incredibly happy with what we're getting.

When you put it into perspective, we are the most spoiled niche audience in the world. I mean honestly, not a lot of other shows have generated one soundtrack per season like Lost has. I'm betting it's thanks to Lost that we are now seeing other programs (like True Blood) get season-specific releases.

The fact that we're even talking about a two-disc score release for the sixth season of a network television program is amazing in itself. Bask in it.

I agree. It's exciting to see the demand...and, perhaps more importantly, to see the fact that it's being recognized by those with the power to do something about it. I don't know how great a listening experience you'd get with this possible seventh soundtrack, but I'll buy it to find out and to show my few bucks' worth of support for the idea. Here's to hoping it does indeed happen.

It's currently #214 in music on Amazon. That's pretty impressive. The only other soundtrack I've seen do that(that wasn't Twilight garbage =\) was the Battlestar Galactica season 4 soundtrack.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess Moving On is the version from the show. Darn, I wanted it to be the concert version, but meh. that makes me wonder how they plan to release a separate score for the finale if they do. It would have been more logical to release the concert version and then release the show version on a separate release, but meh...

No Desmond's Mission Theme in the samples... Starting to worry...

You mean Sideways Desmond's theme, right? It's in the samples for "George of the Concrete Jungle" and "None the Nurse." It should show up briefly at the end of "A Memorable Kiss" too, long after the part in the sample.

Thanks ! :huh: I remembered it making its first apparition at the end of Happily Ever After episode (but apparently, I was wrong !). This is why I listened to samples from Happily Ever After (which is I think the scene where Desmond meets Penny in the stadium) onwards. A Memorable Kiss is Hurley and Libby scene from Everybody Loves Hugo, right ? I don't recall hearing the theme in that particular scene. Man, I really need to rewatch Season 6 !

Good to hear that theme at last (even though these aren't my favourite variations on it. I would really want the one at the end of What They Died For !) !

Yeah, the theme was used throughout that episode. (I just noticed it buried in the mix in the "World's Worst Car Wash" sample too.) While it's grown on me in some of the other appearances, I definitely agree that the best use of it was at the end of "What They Died For"; if that track doesn't make its way onto another release it'll be a real shame.

"A Memorable Kiss" is Hurley's awakening; after they kissed and Hurley said he was remembering stuff, the camera pulled back to reveal Agent Desmond watching from his car, with a brief reprise of his theme. It really is brief, though, kind of like the scene when it was revealed that Desmond was the one who called Jack about Christian's coffin a few episodes later.

So the final track (not counting the two bonus tracks), "Reunion and Reneging," is the music playing at the end of "The Last Recruit," when Sun and Jin are reunited on the beach, right?

"Sunny Outlook" is Sideways Sun waking up in the hospital in "The Last Recruit," and "Reunion and Reneging" is their reunion on the beach from the end of that episode. The B&N sample includes the beginning of their theme from the beach scene.

Which means that aside from the two bonus tracks from the finale, the set leaves off the last four episodes...though I don't remember if there was much worthwhile music in "The Candidate" (I found the Life & Death reprise for Jin & Sun disappointingly bog-standard, especially considering the gorgeous combination of Life & Death and Jin/Sun's theme from season four) and I think "What They Died For" just had the one standout track with the culmination of Agent Desmond's theme. Oh! There's also the prison break scene from "The Candidate," with some nice actiony variations on one of Smocke's themes, and more of the O6 theme as they're leaving the sub.

The Theory page attached to the CD page on Lostpedia has the list of episodes and scenes for each track, and someone's started making track-title pages today based on the samples. It should all get merged together on the main CD page next week after the official release. It's amazing how quickly that thing gets updated sometimes.

I've listened to all the clips at Barnes and Noble again, and I am positive that Disc 2 (not counting the two bonus tracks) ends at the close of "The Last Recruit," meaning that whatever final release comes out, it will include coverage of not only "Across the Sea," "What They Died For," and "The End," but also "The Candidate." Here's why:

Tracks 21 and 22 are trekking music during "The Last Recruit," when the group splits up. The track "Kool-Air Claire," for instance, plays when Sawyer and Kate swim fully clothed to Elizabeth and the action then cuts to Jack and Hurley sneaking away from Locke's group, without Claire.

Track 23, "Sunny Outlook," is the short cue that plays during the sideways scene (also in the episode "The Last Recruit") when Sun wakes up in the hospital with Jin at her beside, and Jin tells her the baby is fine. If you listen to the clip, towards the end, the music underscoring Jin and Sun's brief dialogue exchange then segues into the theme-less sideways "Twilight Zone" sound as the camera pans to the hallway and Jack and his sideways son walking down the hallway.

The clip from Track 24, "Reunion and Reneging," starts out with some suspenseful Widmore Danger Geek Squad music as Kate, Sawyer, Sun, Hurley and Claire arrive on the shore of Hydra island. Then you can totally tell from the clip that the music is building towards the beautiful rendition of the Sun and Jin theme that played during their long-overdue reunion.

The Bonus tracks are from the finale, as has already been established, which leaves no music from "The Candidate".

Which is GREAT NEWS, in my opinion, as it gives Varese more impetus to make the final release another two-disc CD and give "The Candidate" - which featured a lot of great music - more disc space.

Think about it. "The Candidate" has the music scoring:

-- the Sub Group's shootout on the sub dock

-- the incredible, long sequence that spans Jack and Sawyer's tinkering with the bomb, Sayid's sacrifice, the flooding of the sub, and the death of Sun and Jin. This sequence is among the most extended of any action set piece in the show's history, and none of the tracks on the latter part of Disc 2 come anywhere close to covering its entering length. Varese would be foolish not to include it, with its heroic rendition of Giacchino's Medal of Honour sub theme and the life and death theme played over the montage of the sunken sub.

-- the emotional rendition of Locke's sideways theme during his and Jack's final interaction in the hospital highway, when Locke still refuses Jack's surgery

Thoughts?

"Sunny Outlook" is Sideways Sun waking up in the hospital in "The Last Recruit," and "Reunion and Reneging" is their reunion on the beach from the end of that episode. The B&N sample includes the beginning of their theme from the beach scene.

Which means that aside from the two bonus tracks from the finale, the set leaves off the last four episodes...though I don't remember if there was much worthwhile music in "The Candidate" (I found the Life & Death reprise for Jin & Sun disappointingly bog-standard, especially considering the gorgeous combination of Life & Death and Jin/Sun's theme from season four) and I think "What They Died For" just had the one standout track with the culmination of Agent Desmond's theme. Oh! There's also the prison break scene from "The Candidate," with some nice actiony variations on one of Smocke's themes, and more of the O6 theme as they're leaving the sub.

The Theory page attached to the CD page on Lostpedia has the list of episodes and scenes for each track, and someone's started making track-title pages today based on the samples. It should all get merged together on the main CD page next week after the official release. It's amazing how quickly that thing gets updated sometimes.

Sorry glennwbutler. I literally must have wrote my last post as you were writing yours.

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Hole_Shabang

OMG YES! It says it has the Jack/Locke fight! I am now 10 times for excited for this soundtrack! I think it was Koray who tried to tell me that the fight could still be in this track, but I didn't believe it. I guess you were right! And thankfully.

Although, this description is kind of speculative.

http://lostpedia.wik...he_Hole_Shabang

OMG YES! It says it has the Jack/Locke fight! I am now 10 times for excited for this soundtrack! I think it was Koray who tried to tell me that the fight could still be in this track, but I didn't believe it. I guess you were right! And thankfully.

Although, this description is kind of speculative.

Told you :lol:

Does anyone know where I can find non-flash versions of the clips? I'm on holiday and my only net access is my iPhone. Damn Apple vs Flash nonsense!

Thanks in advance :lol:

Btw, could this be my 100th post? *party hats and poppers*