Michael Giacchino's LOST (2004-2010) - live concert tour in 2024

Jay

http://lostpedia.wik...he_Hole_Shabang

OMG YES! It says it has the Jack/Locke fight! I am now 10 times for excited for this soundtrack! I think it was Koray who tried to tell me that the fight could still be in this track, but I didn't believe it. I guess you were right! And thankfully.

Although, this description is kind of speculative.

Told you :)

And now they changed the description so it says nothing. My hopes are drowning!

Nooooooooooooooo.

I read Koray's borther's Amazon review. Seems a bit early to have called it "the greatest accomplishment in the history of Televeision scoring". Um... yeah. I mean, he's had it for part of a day? And he's saying this? I just hope he's right!

Nooooooooooooooo.

I read Koray's borther's Amazon review. Seems a bit early to have called it "the greatest accomplishment in the history of Televeision scoring". Um... yeah. I mean, he's had it for part of a day? And he's saying this? I just hope he's right!

He got everything that was supposed to come out today yesterday. So early Lost Season 6, early Se7en Blu-ray, and early It's Always Sunny Season 5 Blu-ray. Amazon is sometimes more awesome than usual like that.

And it's not like he just heard this yesterday either, all of us have been on this musical journey for 6 years. It's Giacchino's magnum opus, it's the best scored series on television.

Hey Datameister, I think your inbox is full?

(Sorry for this irrelevant post.)

Joe doesn't like deleting old PMs to make room for new ones for some reason :P

I just read that "The Hole Shebang" actually contains music from "Across The Sea" as well as "The End". Can anyone confirm?

I assume "Moving On" is nothing but the final moments of "The End"

I just read that "The Hole Shebang" actually contains music from "Across The Sea" as well as "The End". Can anyone confirm?

Not sure, but I highly doubt it. The booklet has the episode breakdown by cue, as usual. It lists both Bonus Tracks under "The End."

"My Orca" ;)

Ah, "Karma has No Price". The ending of this track makes me laugh. The music is so ridiculous. I love it. It was a stupid scene to begin with, but I think Giacchino's take makes it seem more intentional.

I have listened to a few tracks now and I have to say this is the best Lost album yet as far as an instant likeability is a factor. It would seem that nearly all my favourite moments from the 6th season apart from Across the Sea are on this set. :)

He has always been there. Ana Lucia is there too, and she had 1 line of dialogue the whole season. I recall them saying they wanted to put him in the finale, but his price was too high or something like that.

Right now my favorite cues are:

Coffin Calamity

The Rockets' Red Glare

Death Springs Eternal

The Lighthouse

None The Richard

George Of The Concrete Jungle

World's Worst Car Wash

Not done with the set yet though, currently on "Happily Ever After."

Even though it's not what I wanted, I am loving "The Hole Shebang". The strings are orgasmic. I see why they put it on the soundtrack. It gives a better flow to have that build up of tension and then the success right before the final track.

I won't bother to nitpick. The music is too good :) Giacchino really achieved something remarkable with the scores of the last season. There is certainly a sense of things coming to a close, wonderful themes abound, performances more emotional, the dramatic flow superb. And only when you hear the compositions on CD on their own you can really spot the nuances you easily miss while watching the show.

Very difficult to pick favourites, there are so many great moments. The whole Ab Aeterno, the near 20 minutes of absolutely gorgeous variations on 3 of my favourite themes, Richard's, Jacob's and the Man in Black's is certainly high on the list.

The Source's theme in The Hole Shabang... :lol:

Giacchino gives the Mother/Source theme an interesting spin there. :)

Oh and KM, the double disc leaves out the music of the last three episodes (sans the Whole Shabang and Moving On) and it has been speculated that there could be more Lost music coming out in the future where the scores for those episodes and possibly more could be released.

The One-Star Amazon review :lol:

"My one-star rating is not for the quality of Michael's music, which is a hearty five-stars on its own; rather, the one-star rating is for the cash-grubbing management that is trying to release an inferior selection of tracks."

Wow, apparently the fact that the final 4 episodes were left off means that this is money grubbing and worthless. Because there's nothing worth listening to at all on this album...

Oh and KM, the double disc leaves out the music of the last three episodes (sans the Whole Shabang and Moving On) and it has been speculated that there could be more Lost music coming out in the future where the scores for those episodes and possibly more could be released.

Yep, there has to be another release. They've treated finales too well in the past to just snub it here, where it is most important of all.

Club is likely considering that was the direction they took with Star Trek. Please the casual fans with a standard release, and treat the diehards with something special.

I've been listening to the set nonstop. The "Happily Ever After" material is definitely my favorite part. "World's Worst Car Wash" kicks all kinds of ass, don't remember it being so intense in the episode.

On a side note, the opening "A Sunken Feeling" is definitely not the same as in the premiere.

I highly doubt it will be limited. With Star Trek, the original soundtrack covered the most important parts of the film, but the most important parts of Lost would be on this release. The market is still there. It wouldn't make sense to do it as a limited release, especially so soon after the show ended.

By the same logic, they would have released the third season without the last two episodes, and done that as a limited release, but they didn't.