Your Top 5 Complete/Expanded JW Scores

Josh500

I should have said, in the title, "Your Top 5 UNRELEASED Complete/Expanded JW Scores."

Which are they? Several Complete/Expanded JW Scores have been released in the past few years, but there are still some--or too many--unreleased.

My list:

1. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

2. The Lost World

3. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

4. Jurassic Park

5. Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Order:

1-Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

2-Hook

3-Revenge of the Sith

4-Attack of the Clones

5-Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azcaban

1. Jane Eyre

2. Jaws 2

3. Revenge of the Sith

4. The Lost World

5. 1941

and for those that have already had expanded versions but not complete:

1. E.T.

2. Temple of Doom

3. Return of the Jedi

4. The Phantom Menace

5. Last Crusade

My wish list:

1. Revenge Of The Sith

2. Attack Of The Clones

3. Jurassic Park

4. Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone

5. Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets

No Hooks here.

1. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

2. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

3. The Lost World: Jurassic Park

4. Revenge of the Sith

5. The Eiger Sanction

1, "The Towering Inferno",

2, "The Empire Strikes Back",

3, "E.T.".

4, "The Temple Of Doom",

5, "1941" (I know that this is a cheeky choice, due to the fact that no "offical" expanded version exists, but I love this score, so...it's in!).

1. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

2. Jurassic Park

3. Last Crusade (genuinely complete)

4. PoA

5. Lost World

Hook - If a complete set appears, I'll buy it, but I'm satisifed with the OST for now. I don't say that about Williams very often.

:) Am I one of the few people here who is happy with the expanded Indiana Jones release a couple of years ago... ?

:) Am I one of the few people here who is happy with the expanded Indiana Jones release a couple of years ago... ?

I'm happy with it, and I love it to bits despite the flaws, but it doesn't mean I'd love to see a complete version released some day.

My picks:

Dracula

Hook

The Lost World

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

The Original Trilogy is fine as it is (Empire and Jedi would be nice if remastered, but we have every single note from those, so we shouldn't complain). The Prequels are in need of a proper archival presentation, but lots of unreleased music surfaced from the games, hence we can patiently wait imho. Indiana Jones scores also had quite substantial expansions recently, so they're not a priority.

However, before seeing any expanded/complete edition of said scores, I'd love to see Williams' works that are still unreleased, like The Screaming Woman, Daddy's Gone A-Hunting, Pete 'n' Tillie, The Rare Breed, Story of a Woman and The Plainsman.

I'm happy with it, and I love it to bits despite the flaws, but it doesn't mean I'd love to see a complete version released some day.

Hmmm, yes, but I'd rather have something else before we get another Indiana Jones release... :)

However, before seeing any expanded/complete edition of said scores, I'd love to see Williams' works that are still unreleased, like The Screaming Woman, Daddy's Gone A-Hunting, Pete 'n' Tillie, The Rare Breed, Story of a Woman and The Plainsman.

I am not so much a fan of pre-Jaws JW, but yeah, for completeness' sake, it would be nice to have these releases as well...

I know I'm in the minority who craves to hear everything single note Williams writes... but that's just me. Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Harry Potter are big fan-favourites, so it's quite normal people want to have complete editions of those before anything else. However, being quite satisfied with the releases we already have, I'm more eager to see older JW music that still has to be properly released than seeing the umpteenth Star Wars re-re-re-re-relase.

Also, I think we should be aware that we JWfans are already quite lucky to have seen many of his classic scores released in expanded/complete fashion back when those kind of editions were as rare as the white buffalo. Also, JW's OST original albums were already quite generous in terms of music presentation (save for a few exceptions like Raiders and Jedi), hence we got much of his great music first-hand from day 1.

Also, I think we should be aware that we JWfans are already quite lucky to have seen many of his classic scores released in expanded/complete fashion back when those kind of editions were as rare as the white buffalo.

Agreed!

1. 1941

2. The Rare Breed

3. Jaws 2

4. Dracula

5. (tie)Family Plot & Hook

Honorable mention:

The Eiger Sanction & The Phantom Menace

I don't think Family Plot counts, as it has no OST has ever been released.

1. Hook

2. Revenge of the Sith

3. Prisoner of Azkaban

4. Sorcerer's Stone

5. Dracula

It's certainly better than the situation was before, but they should have just done a complete release - and one without significant discrepancies in playback speeds.

I'd be satisfied with:

1. Hook

2. Temple of Doom

3. Revenge of the Sith

That's it really, I'd buy a complete Phantom Menace, but between the two CD releases and the videogames that is pretty complete already. Hell, I would probably buy Clones as bad as that is. But other than that I'm happy with what I've got.

I'll just buy whatever they release.

Seconded.

But since the question was asked:

1. Dracula

2-4. Star Wars prequels (only below Drac because we have decent expansions right now)

5. Sorcerer's Stone

Hook is up there too, but I can be satisfied with keeping my feet toasty until we get ones that haven't been so fortunate. I'd love proper complete Indys too, but the recent Concord expansions did a fine job, pitch issues aside.

Those of you who crave another ToD release... is it the darned ending? :lol:

That goes without saying, yes. :)

Yes, I know both ToD and LC are far from complete.... however, I've mostly forgotten what those missing cues are myself. I guess that means I don't care much about them (the missing cues), either way.

I'm still a bit peeved the bridge finale from Temple of Doom remains unreleased.

Also, while I appreciate the extra effort made in the eleventh hour to add a fifth disc to the set, having the music presented in this way makes it a real pain to listen to the full expanded scores in any other way than through a playlist.

It's really as simple as they're still incomplete.

If it was any other composer of Williams' stature and one of the speciality labels, I'm sure we'd have the full scores by now. Lucasfilm and Williams just have no clue at all about what collectors really want.

What kind of attitude is that? As long as there are consumers like you who will just gobble up greedily whatever they sell, the mainstream labels will keep on selling sub-par collections. Never mind that it'll only take a couple hundred hours' additional effort to scavenge the DVDs, video games, and other sources to complete the album.

The thing with Temple of Doom for me, is that it is my third favorite score, only behind Star Wars and Empire, so it's one of those few scores I really, really need to have complete and there are still three or four good cues unreleased. That said, I've always defended the very criticized Indy boxset, I'm very happy with it and it did contain all of the tracks I wanted the most, in fact in terms of music selection and given that the release wasn't going to be complete I think Bouzereau nailed it, with the exception maybe of "The Secret Passage".

It's really as simple as they're still incomplete.

If it was any other composer of Williams' stature and one of the speciality labels, I'm sure we'd have the full scores by now. Lucasfilm and Williams just have no clue at all about what collectors really want.

The thing is, like the SW releases, I don't think these are aimed at collectors.

If Family Plot counts, then I change my list:

1. Family Plot

2. Hook

3. Revenge of the Sith

4. Prisoner of Azkaban

5. Sorcerer's Stone

Honorable Mention: Dracula

These lists are always the same usual suspects (aka mostly venerable hits we are still annoyingly without), but how about flipping things around and deciding what we DON'T need?

I'll start:

War of the Worlds.

These lists are always the same usual suspects (aka mostly venerable hits we are still annoyingly without), but how about flipping things around and deciding what we DON'T need?

I'll start:

War of the Worlds.

Well perhaps you should change the we to I as I'd love a complete War of the Worlds :lol: