Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Jay

Hey all! 2 items for you to ponder:

First of all, does anybody here have this book, or ever heard of it?

On the Track: A Guide to Contemporary Film Scoring by Fred Karlin and Rayburn Wright (with foreword by John Williams)

It certainly looks like a very cool book I would buy in an instant if it was $20 instead of $65.

Anyway, some interesting material it contains is a complete cue list for Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets! Including full timings and notes on what was recorded and what never was.

I found a site where you can view most of the pages containing the info online for free online. Here's the link:

http://books.google.com/books?id=4Dj42oNleXIC&lpg=PA44&pg=PA43#v=onepage&q&f=false

Pretty neat eh?

Second item:

Check out this youtube video (

)

This isn't a fake, is it? Some of that music is not available clean via the rear dvd channels right?

I've known about that guy for awhile. He's got all these great goodies, like Hancock Recording Sessions. He's the one I emailed and tried work out a deal to get the Chamber Of Secrets sessions. Never got a response. Don't blame him, he probably gets a ton of those kinds of messages.

I'm more surprised about the film scoring book that's now 6 years old that I've never even heard of. It sounds great!

Any new info on wtf William Woss actually did on CoS?

I've known about that guy for awhile. He's got all these great goodies, like Hancock Recording Sessions. He's the one I emailed and tried work out a deal to get the Chamber Of Secrets sessions. Never got a response. Don't blame him, he probably gets a ton of those kinds of messages.

Seems like you never will,like we'll never get Avatar above 64k

Oh this is just maddening. I wish I never looked at this damn thread.

Even more shocking, is how this hasn't become available.

On the Track is a great book if you're interested in the process of scoring a film. I checked out an older edition (pre-COS) from the library and kept renewing it and renewing it and renewing it...lots of engraved versions of original sketches to study, too.

I think putting on a video on youtube to show off you have music no one else have is lame. If you're not going to share (which is probably the right thing to do) then keep it to yourself.

I think putting on a video on youtube to show off you have music no one else have is lame. If you're not going to share (which is probably the right thing to do) then keep it to yourself.

It's quite douchey.

You aren't the only one. I happen to love Zimmer's AT WORLD'S END. (And DEAD MAN'S CHEST, for that matter ... heck, I even like BLACK PEARL, although "love" might be too strong a term for that one.)

I must admit I hate it when people post scores like this on Youtube basically saying, "I got this and you can't have it" and don't share it when you ask. Which is I guess understandable...but at the same time makes that person look I guess arrogant? I mean why show off something you have if you aren't allowed to share it?

One thing the book and youtube clip combine to prove pretty definitively is that 65 individual cues were recorded. The youtube guy only has 64 of them because he's missing 10m2x for some reason. But his disc 1 has 35 tracks and his disc 2 has 19.

Also every cue that the book says "tracked" instead of "underscore" next to is a cue that's missing on his set, so only "underscore" cues were recorded, and the "tracked" cues were, well, tracked.

I also noticed that 8m2b (pt1) is called "Pit Of Bones" in the book but "Goodbye To Memories" on the guy's set. And 8m5 is called "Harry Battles Basilisk" in the book but "Dueling The Dragon" on youtube. I'm sure there are others

That book looks pretty incredible. It's driving me crazy to know Chamber exists on some guys computer, but ah well. I figure that the Potter scores will eventually be made available. Eventually when the movies are done, they'll need to make more money.

Oh yea, that was noticeable the first time I saw the film in the theater

Koray, I'm not going to ask for the score, but would you share the cover art? I tried to make my own art using that image, but I failed dismally.

This is exactly why this kind of stuff should not be posted on a message board.

People who are fortunate to have these should just stay quiet about it. Enjoy the music and keep it to yourself.

:lol: Sorry, but no can do.

:P I didn't think so.

I've got a few unreleased cues SFX-free such as MAELSTROM!, A Dangerous Deal, Hard 'A Starboard etc, but's not quite the same as having the full score. ;)

People who are fortunate to have these should just stay quiet about it. Enjoy the music and keep it to yourself.

Perhaps I should have picked a different RCP score that no one wants.

I agree.

I'm not discussing anything specific here, but I honestly just don't see why when anyone who has scores like these that they don't discreetly share them. If not directly via person to person, then instead like randomly uploaded somewhere for someone to stumble upon and spread like fire. If one is afraid of being tracked down, then do it from some other location. I guess that's just what I would do if I was in the situation. I believe music should be heard by everyone, not vaulted up.

I think a part of "Bludger Attack" sounds like "Chase Through Coruscant".

Yes, there's a long unreleased section of the Quidditch Match that sounds almost exactly like Chase Through Coruscant. Lucious Malfoy's theme is also almost exactly the same as the Seperatist motif from AotC. I don't know if that was Williams working to a tight deadline, or something that Ross did, even though it wasn't from SS.

Especially if they want to continue to receive such goodies in the future.

Then there's a difference between finding unreleased scores online from searches that we can't openly discuss here, and people receiving such scores as gifts from their friends or inside people, either as physical media or online links.

I used to complain about missing out on a lot of scores that are now OOP...and I don't complain about not having them anymore, but not because anybody showed me where to look. We all have the same ability to run Google searches. So I'll just lament not having friends inside the industry to share such special things that all you people are openly bragging that you have but can't share.

I'm not discussing anything specific here, but I honestly just don't see why when anyone who has scores like these that they don't discreetly share them. If not directly via person to person, then instead like randomly uploaded somewhere for someone to stumble upon and spread like fire. If one is afraid of being tracked down, then do it from some other location. I guess that's just what I would do if I was in the situation. I believe music should be heard by everyone, not vaulted up.

I agree! It's not like the person who made the HP COS youtube video has the ONLY copy of it in existence. If he just quietly leaked it somewhere how would it EVER get back that he was the one who leaked it? The same goes to the people with the full Indiana Jones 4 sessions, and the dude with the Avatar sessions.... just leak it and then say it wasn't you!

Yeah but some people really get a rush from having something unique, and just won't share it. It can have sod all to do with being 'allowed' to spread it.

At the end of the day I'm definitely in the camp that says if you have something highly sought after, but have no intention of sharing it, then don't bother telling us. Personally, if I find something, it'll go on my trading list. It won't just sit on my computer for my private enjoyment.

The people "secretly " sharing these things are probably the same who go ape shit if you say you downloaded something for free from the internet.

The people "secretly " sharing these things are probably the same who go ape shit if you say you downloaded something for free from the internet.

I would say that's most likely not far from the truth.

Sending out something through PMs is the same as posting it up on a certain forum for everyone to take part in. It's how rumors and other stuff spread. You tell 1 person, and then that person tells 1 person... so on and so forth. The line has to end somewhere. And I think it's good to know such things exist, gives hope that someday someone will slip and the thing will be available for everyone to enjoy. The ironic thing is though, that expanded AWE is just that. Expanded, the person who has the whole complete thing didn't share all of it. Same with Dead Man's Chest and Curse Of The Black Pearl.

Well it's pretty stupid to go on a known file sharing site ,tell everyone you have something..then proceed NOT to share it. How do you expect people to react.

Yes, but the known file sharing sites -- not the third party software you install and then browse -- don't offer directories that one can use to search.

It's like a telephone. Sure, you can use your telephone to call up the President or Hugh Hefner and ask for an invitation to their mansions. But if the numbers aren't listed, you have to start guessing.

So you just punch up www dot megarapiduploaddonkeyshare dot com slash random gibberish, and keep trying until you find something? Um, no thanks.

I wouldn't waste my time downloading any file from a source I wasn't familiar with. And I wouldn't dare install a third party source where it could be traced.

As mentioned (not directed at you koray) people with exclusive promos should keep them to themselves, if they cannot share them.

On the other hand... if i came across the complete Prequel scores i would post guidelines to edit the VIdeogame material properly :lol:

I just wish that when people offered me complete soundtrack recording sessions that it was for something I actually wanted to listen to.

Sending out something through PMs is the same as posting it up on a certain forum for everyone to take part in. It's how rumors and other stuff spread. You tell 1 person, and then that person tells 1 person... so on and so forth. The line has to end somewhere. And I think it's good to know such things exist, gives hope that someday someone will slip and the thing will be available for everyone to enjoy. The ironic thing is though, that expanded AWE is just that. Expanded, the person who has the whole complete thing didn't share all of it. Same with Dead Man's Chest and Curse Of The Black Pearl.

It's true, somebody could share CoS music in few months or more.