War Horse MOVIE Anticipation Thread (News, Interviews, Images, Posters, etc)

Bowie

I don;t really like movies where an animal is the main character but we'll see

"We are all animals, my lady".

It's more about the people around the animal. A horse is just a horse. It's not going to be talking or anything...

I have a feeling it's gonna die in No Man's Land.

Don't say that.

*sniff* :(

At least it won't get blinded by a metal spike. Curse that Harry Pearce!

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Williams is ready to record War Horse very soon! I've befriended LA session cellist extraordinarie Stephen Erdody on Facebook--he played first cello in many Williams scores recorded in LA and I've asked him if he would play in Tintin and War Horse as well. Here's what he replied:

Yes, I am playing in Tin-Tin and War Horse. We record War Horse next month, and have a few pick-up dates for Tin-Tin in July. We recorded most of the score for Tin-Tin early last year.

awesome news :)

Yes, I am playing in Tin-Tin and War Horse. We record War Horse next month, and have a few pick-up dates for Tin-Tin in July. We recorded most of the score for Tin-Tin early last year.

Woah. He's already recorded TinTin! Must've spent the last 10 months deciding on microedits, highlights to exclude, and cues to 'reprise' on the album.

And yes, that's a rather fast filming turnaround for War Horse. Which also means Williams has had at least two months to write it. If it's not too heavily scored, that's plenty :)

Woah. He's already recorded TinTin! Must've spent the last 10 months deciding on microedits, highlights to exclude, and cues to 'reprise' on the album.

You didn't know that? It was recorded in early 2009, we talked about it then.

A horse is just a horse. It's not going to be talking or anything...

Of course, of course. And no-one can talk to a horse, of course.

That is, unless, the horse, of course, is...

:unsure:

They might have a voice-over for the horse's thoughts :)

yep, and think of all the alternates this score must have

You didn't know that? It was recorded in early 2009, we talked about it then.

I knew he'd written it ages ago, but didn't realise he'd recorded it.

I don't know, he didn't said much, it could be just scheduling conflicts. He said however that he will give his input if asked.

FYI, Karam orchestrated many JW scores in the later years--AOTC, ROTS, the three Harry Potter, War of the Worlds, Geisha and Indy IV.

Another small tidbit: Conrad Pope told me Eddie Karam is handling all the orchestration for War Horse. Pope is not involved so far.

Is there a specific reason for this?

Deron Williams is branching out into film music.

FYI, Karam orchestrated many JW scores in the later years--AOTC, ROTS, the three Harry Potter, War of the Worlds, Geisha and Indy IV.

Well, I don't know about the others, but off the top of my head, I know that Pope also worked on ROTS, War of the Worlds, and the first and third Potter films. It's not like Karam was the only orchestrator, but he's definitely been a major collaborator in recent years.

Yes, they shared the credit on those scores. I guess it's likely War Horse could be a score that doesn't need more than one orchestrator--maybe JW already did most of the work himself. Concerning Conrad Pope, he is quite busy now--he's doing orchestrations for James Newton Howard's upcoming projects, as well as arranging for Bill Ross for the Academy Awards telecast.

There should be 4 Giacchino scores out before TinTin & War Horse:

Super 8 (June 10)

Cars 2 (June 24)

Captain America (July 22)

Mission Impossible 4 (Dec 13)

TinTin (Dec 23)

War Horse (Dec 28)

There should be 4 Giacchino scores out before TinTin & War Horse:

Super 8 (June 10)

Cars 2 (June 24)

Captain America (July 22)

Mission Impossible 4 (Dec 13)

TinTin (Dec 23)

War Horse (Dec 28)

According to ever reliable imdb, Tintin should be released much earlier in Europe (around October). Guess we won't have to wait this long for the score :)

If they release the score overseas first I may consider importing it.

heck, why pay more?

Just download it and buy it when its available in your country.

That cannot be illegally amoral.

Now if the early release is going to cost you the same, go for it.

I'm not sure scared is the right term, it makes sense to release a property in the area where it is most popular first, let it build momentum and hype, then release it in an area where it is relatively unknown. Makes good business sense.

• 4 weeks later...