War Horse MOVIE Anticipation Thread (News, Interviews, Images, Posters, etc)

Bowie

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This movie has the potential to be ET-esque and therefore, the score could be both dramatic and melodic. I am looking forward to this score quite a bit.

Is it me, or does the kid looks a bit like Anton Yelchin ?

As long as he doesn't start coming out with things like "wector, wector two", I don't mind.

I'm just glad that the old man is still making movies. I'll take this over that "Tintin" nonsense, any day.

What nonsense?

Whoops! Sorry, Chaac, I've just seen your avatar. I don't mean to offend, mon ami, but I can't get all foaming at the mouth over a cartoon boy and his dog. Maybe as the release date approaches, I'll be a bit more interested, but for now, I'll be watching "War Horse"'s progress.

As long as he doesn't start coming out with things like "wector, wector two", I don't mind.

ROTFLMAO

I'm just glad that the old man is still making movies. I'll take this over that "Tintin" nonsense, any day.

What nonsense?

Whoops! Sorry, Chaac, I've just seen your avatar. I don't mean to offend, mon ami, but I can't get all foaming at the mouth over a cartoon boy and his dog. Maybe as the release date approaches, I'll be a bit more interested, but for now, I'll be watching "War Horse"'s progress.

:lol: Hard to explain. These stories are soo Spielberg.

oscar bait movie

I hope the score is more in the line of Empire of the Sun than Saving Private Ryan

Yes. And I hope there is enough fantasy in it to inspire JW to write something brilliant, I think it's possible with this movie.

It could be you, if you look a bit like Anton Yelchin.

Not interested!

Idiot.

I might even have preferred Lincoln to this...

Idiot.

Oscar bait movie

I hope the score is more in the line of Empire of the Sun than Saving Private Ryan

Of course it's Oscar-bait, and unashamedly so.

All I'm hoping for is something gentle, and "noble" for the horse. Anyway, isn't talking about music like dancing about John Barry...or something?

There is a short but terrific article in EW this week about War Horse, I'm much more optimistic.

Main problem of Spielberg's recent movies was always the script. This time the movie finally has some good screenwriters. If there's Richard Curtis involved, it can't be bad.

Main problem of Spielberg's recent movies was always the script. This time the movie finally has some good screenwriters. If there's Richard Curtis involved, it can't be bad.

Unfortunately 'War Horse' will not be a polite British romantic comedy.

"Vincent And The War Horse"

"War Horse, Actually"

"Four Riders And A War Horse"

"War Horse Goes Forth".

:lol:

I though it was to be about a boy's love to a horse ... literally.

I though it was to be about a boy's love to a horse ... literally.

If you want to see that, Neimoidian, watch "Equus".

I'm just fearing it will be his usual subdued, low key music like SPR.

Which, by the way, is an absolute masterpiece.

I don't think so, as this will be a very different film from SPR. It's a very emotional story which likely needs music more like E.T., or Empire of the Sun.

If you want a glimpse of the emotional core of the story, check out the trailer of the stage show:

I'm not saying he'll write another E.T. I was just pointing out that the story is fit for a very emotional score more along the lines of said works.

I know some people here like to diss Williams' recent efforts and throw him the usual blabber of "he doesn't compose exciting music any more", but I'll leave this game to others. I happen to be very happy I'll have two new Williams scores - plus his Oboe Concerto - to look forward to.

I'm not saying he'll write another E.T. I was just pointing out that the story is fit for a very emotional score more along the lines of said works.

I know some people here like to diss Williams' recent efforts and throw him the usual blabber of "he doesn't compose exciting music any more", but I'll leave this game to others. I happen to be very happy I'll have two new Williams scores - plus his Oboe Concerto - to look forward to.

Agree! ;)

Besides... Which of recent Spielberg movies would have allowed for old-school type of scoring? An exciting piece doesn't belong in Minority Report and something not subtle or in your face would be inappropiate for SPR.

At least that's what I think.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull!

The most depressing movie of Spielberg's career. Sorry; doesn't count.

Which, by the way, is an absolute masterpiece.

Hear, hear. :up:

An exciting piece doesn't belong in Minority Report.

At least that's what I think.

What? You don't call "Everybody Runs!"/"Anderton's Great Escape" exciting?! It's the best damn music he's written this century.