Summer 2010, the most uninteresting summer in a long time

JoeinAR

Iron Man 2 might be good but it has the nastiest looking human on earth in it. Take a fucking bath you nasty male skank and wash your fucking hair. He combs the meth out of his hair to get high.

Shrek 4, never saw 1,2, or 3.

Toy Story 3, never saw 1 or 2,

Splice looks interesting, not good, but interesting.

Sex in the City 2, subtitled Dubai counting on this movie to balance its budget.

Jonah Hex, people will come out in droves to see a disfigured obscure comic book western.

the A team looks like a movie made from a bad tv show. Oh it is.

The Karate Kid...looks not bad.

Eclipse...sorry not a teenage vampire lover here.

The Last Airbender, I gave up on M. Night, but damn the trailer looks visually interesting.

Predators looks like something, it has Adrian Brody who is quirky and alway good.

yes I want to see the Expendables and Piranha 3D, love that line in the trailer by Dreyfus, Well this was not a boating accident, and it wasn't Jack the Ripper, it was a Piranha with a mouth on it this big, then he puts his thumb and forefinger together. I laughed my ass off at that.

Iron Man will make 200 million quick. It might even pass Alice in Wonderland which was terrible.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. Mickey Rourke really is the most disgusting man on Earth.

I want to see Toy Story 3, The Expendables and Inception. I'm not a Christopher Nolan gusher, but that movie combines two of my great man-crushes, Leo and Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

The Toy Story movies are brilliant and Rourke's looks don't bother me one bit. He endeared me, in The Wrestler.

Agreed on both counts.

I'm looking forward to TS3, THE A-TEAM, THE EXPENDABLES, PREDATORS and INCEPTION. Although out of those, I think only the first and last are so far guaranteed to be good movies.

The Toy Story movies are brilliant and Rourke's looks don't bother me one bit. He endeared me, in The Wrestler.

That's right. Mickey Rourke in The Wrestler is one of the best performances I've seen last year. He's even a better actor now than he was in his glamorous days.

I'm still wondering if Rourke can do anything else than the character he played in The Wrestler

I take it you're not very familiar with this actor?

Alex

Well the Toy Story movies are awesome! You should watch them.

Quite right, you're bloody well right! "Toy Story 2" is exceptional!

I mostly remember him from Angel Heart

...and what a great film that is, too. It is a film that sweats evil. My old art teacher was the spitting image of Louis Cipher. Scary.

That's not sad to say. There will never come a time when people can say that The Red Shoes or Psycho are not the best films around. What is sad to say is that people will be compromising with Iron Man 2, not truely being transported by excellent entertainment.

I'm personally finding 2010 to be more interesting than most years in the pre-summer season, and I think we're ripe for a really good film year, after the mediocrity of 2008 and slim pickens of 2009. I'd like a year where the 3-4 best films are not the only ones worth remembering.

I agree that this summer is not that great. The movies I'm looking forward to are:

MacGruber

Toy Story 3

The Last Airbender

Predators

Inception

Everything else either looks like shit, i have no opinion on, or I've never even heard of. I don't see as many trailers as I used to

Out of all the movies listed here, only Toy Story 3 and The Expendables are likely to turn out as fun as they promise to be. I'd love Predators to turn out ace too, but I'm not yet convinced.

You guys forgot a major one: HARRY POTTA!

No we didn't. that comes out in November.

I'm only interested in Toy Story 3 and Iron Man 2. The rest looks like another dull summer.

You guys forgot a major one: HARRY POTTA!

No we didn't. that comes out in November.

Does it really? I thought it was June 18th or somewhere close to that?

Nope. November 19th, 2010. And Part II comes out July 15th 2011.

Don't you work in a movie theater? No posters up for it?

Yea those are my 2 big ones as well.

Plus I'll see Iron Man 2 with all my friends

Toy Story 3

Inception

I'll pass on the rest.

Pretty much my view as well. But Inception is the number 1 must see movie of 2010 for me

I've not heard about this Inception, I'll have to google it. I've really fallen out of touch lately with what's upcoming in the world of movies. Not sure whether or not that's a measure of the lack of quality of late, but probably not.

As for Potter, well I wouldn't be arsed if they binned it. I don't mind the movies, but I don't care enough to see how it all ends.

Inception is definitely my most anticipated of the year. Second would be Toy Story 3.

I've not heard about this Inception, I'll have to google it. I've really fallen out of touch lately with what's upcoming in the world of movies. Not sure whether or not that's a measure of the lack of quality of late, but probably not.

As for Potter, well I wouldn't be arsed if they binned it. I don't mind the movies, but I don't care enough to see how it all ends.

They showed the teaser with one of the big movies from last year. I don't remember which. And a couple trailers have been out since then.

They showed the teaser with one of the big movies from last year. I don't remember which. And a couple trailers have been out since then.

no they haven't, there has been one teaser trailer. If we're talking Potter, as for Inception I don't know, it looks like another incoherent Nolan non bat film, hell Decaprio will probably be insane in that one too.

1) I guess.

2) If you haven't seen a movie in over 2 years because you think nothing is worthy, that's just close-mindedness. You're not a fan of film if you actually believe nothing is good out there.

@ Joey, I was talking about Inception.

So to be a fan of movies in general you have to like some quantity of new releases. Oookay.

There really hasn't been anything that good in the last few years. Movies nowadays suck.

No, guys, ET has a point. Most "popular" films are made, and/or sponsored by some fast-food chain, or some godsawful soft drink manufacturer, and, as such, these "people" do not have the slightest idea as to what makes a good film. They only care about how it does on its first weekend, or, as Roger Waters once put it: "who cares what it's about, as long as the kids go". Unfortunately, this mentality is creeping into all "art", to the point where people's taste will be compromised so much, that they will simply forget what a "good" film really is. Most mainstream films, these days, are lazy, cynical, parochial, and manipulative, and the "joke" is that people do not even realise that this brainwashing is goong on. This is how good taste dies: to thunderous applause.

I dunno, I mean the OT had Burger King on their side and they were ok. I don't think an actual film has been produced or invested in by any fast food or drink company in any way more than the usual ancillary deals, other than when Coca-Cola owned Columbia (which brought us GHOSTBUSTERS), although I'm happy to be proved wrong.

I think it's a matter of perspective. There's always been a great deal of dreck in the cinema, I'm not sure it's any more today than it was in the 80s and the 90s. I agree there are ridiculous amounts of money spent on movies that just aren't that good, or terrible, and that's probably as bad as it's ever been, at least on a consistent level. I don't think it's wise to start nailing the coffin down on cinema just because your average Hollywood flick is more likely to suck than usual.

There really hasn't been anything that good in the last few years. Movies nowadays suck.

No, guys, ET has a point. Most "popular" films are made, and/or sponsored by some fast-food chain, or some godsawful soft drink manufacturer, and, as such, these "people" do not have the slightest idea as to what makes a good film. They only care about how it does on its first weekend, or, as Roger Waters once put it: "who cares what it's about, as long as the kids go". Unfortunately, this mentality is creeping into all "art", to the point where people's taste will be compromised so much, that they will simply forget what a "good" film really is. Most mainstream films, these days, are lazy, cynical, parochial, and manipulative, and the "joke" is that people do not even realise that this brainwashing is goong on. This is how good taste dies: to thunderous applause.

You lost me at Roger Waters.

My interest in cinema has has shrunk over the years. I used to see everything I could but I've found as I've gotten older I have more interest in spending time outdoors or going to places like museums, art galleries, concerts etc etc as opposed to sitting inside a theater. I'm almost at a point where I'm seriously considering selling off my DVD collection, with the exception of about 30 films. My wife and I don't even watch that many movies when we're at home.

We prefer to play games or talk.

Well I still see new movies every week at the cinema ,but I don't buy them on home video .It's true they don't make anymore the kind of classic movies I used to like to watch over and over to know every scene (TESB,Jaws,Raiders...)

I have only 35 of my favorite movies on DVD...I don't even think I'll upgrade them to blu ray