John Williams scores - by Specialty Label

Jay

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Actual Low Quantity updates today:

2012: Home Alone 2: Lost In New York (1992) [3,000 Copies] LESS THAN 100 COPIES REMAINING

2013: Rosewood (1997) [3,500 Copies] LESS THAN 100 COPIES REMAINING

2017: Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977) [5,000 Copies] LESS THAN 100 COPIES REMAINING

I already have the Varese 2CD of HOME ALONE 2. Do I really need to get this one too folks? Help me pls. The score program is the same and only extra song's are there. Right? 

P. S. I did nab an extra copy of CE3K last week. :)

Then there's a mistake on the LLL website:

image.png

EDIT: it's written limited to 3000 units in the release description, my bad.

Jay, it seems John Goldfarb, Please Come Home! and Penelope are still available and not sold out!

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/2471/JOHN-GOLDFARB-PLEASE-COME-HOME!/

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/4167/PENELOPE-BACHELOR-IN-PARADISE/

BTW what is the real difference between OUT OF PRINT and SOLD OUT?

Some titles in your list are tagged as SOLD OUT and the other ones as OUT OF PRINT.

What is the difference?

3 hours ago, E-Wan said:

Great! I updated the main post!

BTW what is the real difference between OUT OF PRINT and SOLD OUT?

Some titles in your list are tagged as SOLD OUT and the other ones as OUT OF PRINT.

What is the difference?

Out of Print means they not longer have a license to sell the title. Sometimes licenses expire before they ever printed as many as they were allowed, sometimes licenses expire around when they are selling their last copies anyway. Of of Print titles can come back if they renegotiate for a new license. 

Sold Out means they sold every single copy they could.  They might still have the license and could re-issue it with a re-negotiation, or the license could have expired at some point after last copy sold.

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

Out of Print means their license to sell the title expired before they were able to sell the amount that they were allowed to

Sold Out means they sold every single copy they could.  They might still have the license and could re-issue it with a re-negotiation, or the license could have expired at some point after last copy sold

Jay, thank you very much for the explanation.

4 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

what a shame an important score ike CEOTK does not manage to sell out.

But then its good because everyone who wanted it was able to order it :)

What do you mean what a shame?  With less than 100 units remaining this won't last more than a week or so with the 30% off sale

You can't pretend to be a real JWFAN unless you physically own this CE3K expanded release, just saying...  :P

1 hour ago, Luke Skywalker said:

what a shame an important score ike CEOTK does not manage to sell out.

But then its good because everyone who wanted it was able to order it :)

But that's the point, it s going to sell out. They were allowed to sell 5,000 copies, and they only have 100 left. 

They probably got a lengthy license. After the sell out they might be able to reissue it with different bonus tracks, like Intrada is doing with Jaws. I dunno. 

17 hours ago, Jay said:

Out of Print means they not longer have a license to sell the title. Sometimes licenses expire before they ever printed as many as they were allowed, sometimes licenses expire around when they are selling their last copies anyway. Of of Print titles can come back if they renegotiate for a new license. 

Sold Out means they sold every single copy they could.  They might still have the license and could re-issue it with a re-negotiation, or the license could have expired at some point after last copy sold.

So that's why for example LLL keeps A.I.'s store page up with "Out of Print" instead of nixing it like with sold out titles? They're holding out hope for a renegotiation to print and sell the rest of the copies?

26 minutes ago, Holko said:

So that's why for example LLL keeps A.I.'s store page up with "Out of Print" instead of nixing it like with sold out titles? They're holding out hope for a renegotiation to print and sell the rest of the copies?

maybe but also if you were able to release such music wouldn’t you want the to keep the pages up as “hey look at the caliber of releases we’ve done!?”😊

35 minutes ago, Holko said:

I dunno. 

2 hours ago, Holko said:

Yes I would. But LLL deletes theirs.

Yeah it's strange it seems sometimes to be at the discretion of the folks running the site... sometimes thy leave them sometimes they delete them... doesn't seem to be a hard fast rule there. 

On 5/15/2020 at 3:26 PM, Amer said:

I already have the Varese 2CD of HOME ALONE 2. Do I really need to get this one too folks? Help me pls. The score program is the same and only extra song's are there. Right? 

P. S. I did nab an extra copy of CE3K last week. :)

I'm happy with the Varese and did not order this one. It's sold out now and I don't care for the extra songs .The score wasn't remastered or anything .I did grab Home Alone 25th Anniversary though

3 hours ago, Jay said:

Close Encounters, Rosewood, and Home Alone 2 are now all sold out / out of print at LLLR

Wow. So glad I got Close Encounters just a few weeks ago! Got Home Alone 2 awhile ago as well. Never heard Rosewood though. Darn.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

That's OK. It's boring, only rivalled by Stepmom.

Harsh, and in my opinion NOT true, concerning Rosewood. One of the better JW scores of the 90´s.

• 2 weeks later...

Updates:

2010: Black Sunday (1977) [10,000 Copies] OUT OF PRINT

2015: Jaws 2 (1978) [limited] SOLD OUT

2013: The Fury (1978) [3,500 Copies] OUT OF PRINT

2018: Land of the Giants (1968) [1,000 Copies] OUT OF PRINT

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Updates:

2010: Black Sunday (1977) [10,000 Copies] OUT OF PRINT

2015: Jaws 2 (1978) [limited] SOLD OUT

2013: The Fury (1978) [3,500 Copies] OUT OF PRINT

2018: Land of the Giants (1968) [1,000 Copies] OUT OF PRINT

Wow, several titles going out of print at once—that’s pretty unusual, isn’t it? And, forgive my lack of knowledge on this, but is “sold out” the same as out of print, or does it just mean out of stock?

I would never bother to post an update that something is merely temporarily out of stock. 

These titles are not being sold any more. Click each link to see. 

And there's no reason to think these all happened at once. I just happened to check today after not seeing Black Sunday in FSM's sale list. 

8 hours ago, Bayesian said:

Wow, several titles going out of print at once—that’s pretty unusual, isn’t it? And, forgive my lack of knowledge on this, but is “sold out” the same as out of print, or does it just mean out of stock?

I believe out of print means they've printed and sold the maximum number of copies they had a licence on, while sold out means that they didn't manage to print and/or sell all the copies they had a licence on before the license expired.

I believe "Out of Print" means their license has expired, which could mean they printed and sold the amount they were allowed to, OR it could mean their license expired, like time-wise, before they happened to sell all that they could have.  There's no way to know which it is unless they tell us.

"Sold Out" means they sold every copy they had, and won't be ordering any more.  This could be because they hit the limit of what they were allowed to sell, OR it could mean they didn't consider it a strong enough seller to order more even if they were allowed to.  Again there's no way to know unless they tell us.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Two new entries in La-La Land's section

• 2021: Always (1989) [3,000 Copies]
  • 2021: A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001) [2,000 Copies]

• 1 month later...

Added both volumes of The Time Tunnel to the main post, as well as links to Always and AI

1. 2021: The Time Tunnel - Vol. 1 (1966) [1,000 Copies]
  2. 2021: Always (1989) [3,000 Copies]
  3. 2021: A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001) [3,000 Copies]
  4. 2021: The Time Tunnel - Vol. 2 (1966) [1,000 Copies]

Incidentally, this is now the THIRD year that LLL has released 4 Williams titles, after 2015 (AI, Lost In Space box, Home Alone redo, Jurassic Park box) and 2018 (Saving Private Ryan, Schindler's List, Land of the Giant box, Harry Potter box).  Just one more Williams title this year and they'll break the record!

12 minutes ago, Amer said:

Or Maybe they will break this record  trend with more titles this year pending from last year added.... 

I'd love to know if there's a massive backlog with 2 years worth of delayed titles, or whether things just slowed down and they weren't able to license anything for the majority of last year.

I do worry about their finances with all these delays. They surely pay the licence fees upfront to studios, but they can't make their money back until all these approvals are done!