John Williams scores - by Specialty Label

Jay

Yeah, this is a useful thread. I wonder should it be made "sticky" in the "Express" section?

Damn.. I gotta pick up Cinderella Liberty one of these days.

Thanks for the bump, that has inspired me to update the first post:

new quantities:

2006: Amazing Stories: Anthology One (1985-1987) [3000 Copies]: Less than 720 copies 700 copies

2006: Amazing Stories: Anthology Two (1985-1987) [3000 Copies]: Less than 610 copies 605 copies

2007: Amazing Stories: Anthology Three (1985-1987) [3000 Copies]: Less than 910 copies 905 copies

2007: Monsignor (1982) [3000 Copies]: Less than 500 copies 120 copies!!! <----

2008: Cinderella Liberty (1973) [3000 Copies]: Less than 250 copies 220 copies!!! <----

2008: How To Steal A Million (1966) / Bachelor Flat(1962) [2500 Copies]: Less than 700 copies 540 copies

new listings:

2010: TV Omnibus Volume 1 (includes "The Bronze Locust" episode of "The Eleventh Hour") (1693) [2000 copies]

2010: Space Camp (1986) [3000 Copies]: SOLD OUT

Looks like its time to get Monsignor before its too late!

Its funny Spacecamp didnt even managed to be on the list on this thread...

That's because it came and went in 24 hours. No one had a chance to update the thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing Stories update, direct from Intrada's home page!

2006: Amazing Stories: Anthology One (1985-1987) [3000 Copies]: Less than 700 copies 200 copies!!! <----

2006: Amazing Stories: Anthology Two (1985-1987) [3000 Copies]: Less than 605 copies 200 copies!!! <----

2007: Amazing Stories: Anthology Three (1985-1987) [3000 Copies]: Less than 905 copies 250 copies!!! <----

I enjoyed all 3 volumes just about equally, other then of course finding The Mission far superior to anything else on the sets

All 3 volumes features a wonderful variety of good film scoring

Oh hell, I'm totally unfamiliar with these and I've snagged all three.

They've been on my "I'll have to look into that" list forever.

I figure at the least I could turn around and resell them once they're out of print.

"The Mission", the Williams-scored episode on Anthology III, is easily as good as the best film scores he was composing in that era (80s). You'd never assume you were listening to a television score, its a film score

Well then I'll probably just get the standalone release of it that Varese put out awhile ago.

That's a re-recording; The original recordings conducted by Williams are definitely superior.

I'm also gullible, and just bought all three Amazing...Anthologies sight unseen, having never watched any of the series or listened to more than three minutes' worth of the clips. It's starting out to be another expensive weekend.

Yea I've never seen the show either. Keep meaning to netflix it, but its annoying Season 2 hasn't been released yet

I should've waited for Monday's release, whatever it is, since SAE still has all three (MM is missing one or two), but oh well.

I think I'm back to three soundtrack orders that haven't shipped yet:

- one from MM with Under Fire, SpaceCamp, and Tadlow's Lawrence of Arabia;

- one from SAE with the Ron Jones box and TBOBW standalone;

- and this one.

Yikes.

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing Stories "The Mission" is absolutely worth the money.

Listened to that the first time the other day.

It's freakin' Raiders 2.0!

So these are good? I bought them but haven't listened yet.

I think so. I'm enjoying them more as I become familiar with them.

As most have some kind of supernatural/horror/mystery tinge they make ideal listening for October.

These are the episodes that have stood out to me the most so far:

The Mission

Ghost Train

Alamo Jobe

Gather Ye Acorns

Exactly my favorites, too, but I would add Mummy Daddy to that list.

There is a high concentration of good material on Disc 1 of Volume 1, and Disc 2 of Volume 3. So... it starts good and ends on a phenomenal high note. The fact is, 6- 70 minute CDs is a huge volume of music to listen to. Mileage may indeed vary.

• 2 weeks later...

According to the latest email from La La Land, Lost In Space is going out of print this December! They currently have only 400 copies left in stock