John Williams scores - by Specialty Label

Jay

Looks like Moviemusic.com might still have some.... screen archives doesn't seem to list any left there. 

https://www.moviemusic.com/soundtrack/M10719/jurassic-park-collection/

Think I might grab mine and give them a spin this weekend. 

23 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

LOTR2 CRs have been pre-ordered, though.

You've saved yourself from my wrath this time, oh bollemanneke. Though thou time shall cometh!

19 hours ago, Jay said:

2016: Jurassic Park (1993) / The Lost World (1997) [5,000 Copies] Less than 100 copies! SOLD OUT

Also tried to check latest FSM quantities, but they now limit orders to 50 per title so the shopping cart trick doesn't work any more

Just order batches of 50 until they're sold out! :lol:

On 6/29/2018 at 12:31 AM, bollemanneke said:

And it's gone. Forever.

At LLL, yes, but it's still available at Music Box Records for about the same price:

https://www.musicbox-records.com/en/cd-soundtracks/4137-the-john-williams-jurassic-park-collection.html?search_query=john+williams+jurassic+park+collection&results=384

1 hour ago, Arpy said:

You've saved yourself from my wrath this time, oh bollemanneke. Though thou time shall cometh!

I will be very careful idneed on this website from now on, then. In my defence, I will have you know that I bought Home Alone, ET, Braveheart and Titanic in the past two years, plus the JW-Spielberg set and Back to the Future 1 and 3.

3 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

I will be very careful idneed on this website from now on, then. In my defence, I will have you know that I bought Home Alone, ET, Braveheart and Titanic in the past two years, plus the JW-Spielberg set and Back to the Future 1 and 3.

You bought ET, Home Alone, Braveheart and Titanic, but not Jurassic Park and The Lost World?! Man, it gets even worse!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2018 at 3:43 AM, Brundlefly said:

James Horner vs. John Williams is never fair.

On 7/1/2018 at 10:50 AM, bollemanneke said:

Why not?

Because, Williams will always win.

It's like comparing a Cadillac, with a Bentley. No contest.

14 hours ago, ATXHusker said:

@Jay  FYI all the LLL links no longer work, I'm guessing due to them updating their site.

Well that's a pain.  Fixed!

41 minutes ago, Richard said:

The Cadillac is very luxurious, and has all mod cons, but... the Bentley is pure class, that outdid the Cadillac at every turn, which is something the Cadillac never seemed to be able to appreciate.

Or you could say the Bentley is for stiff upperclass people who care more about a specific kind of appearance than about performance.

:)

3 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Or you could say the Bentley is for stiff upperclass people who care more about a specific kind of appearance than about performance.

You could say that - and thus destroy the comparison.

21 minutes ago, Pellaeon said:

Jurassic Park won’t stay out of print long, will it?

It's not out of stock (as in, waiting for more CDs to be produced), it's out of print.  Kaput.  You snooze, you lose.  The dinosaur has left the building.

13 minutes ago, Pellaeon said:

I know. I mean, there was a 2013 limited edition, then there was a 2016 limited edition, so…

The 2013 release was digital only and not limited.  You can buy it now

Jurassic Park - 20th Anniversary https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C32U3VY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_44tsBbHJKV1Z8

23 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Oh my god, Jerry Goldsmith occurs 4 times in the top 10 of their best-selling CDs! That guy is so famous among hardcore soundtrack fans!

33 minutes ago, Pellaeon said:

Very kind of you, but, I think I’ll wait for the next edition. I can’t justify that price.

The price should drop when you put it in your cart and check out, when they deduct the domestic tax.

• 2 months later...

Update:

2008: Superman: The Music (1978/etc) (2nd pressing) [3000 Copies] Less than 100 copies!!! <---

Added:

2018: Saving Private Ryan (1998) [4,000 Copies]

2018: Schindler's List (1993) [?,000 Copies]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh good call, I hadn't updated this post-Black Friday announcements.  Here are the updates now in the main post!

updates:

2001: John Goldfarb, Please Come Home! (1965) [3000 Copies] SOLD OUT

2004: Penelope (1966) / Bachelor In Paris (1961) [3000 Copies] SOLD OUT

2008: The Accidental Tourist (1988) [unlimited] SOLD OUT

2010: Black Sunday (1977) [10,000 Copies] OUT OF PRINT

2015: Tom Sawyer (1973) [1,500 Copies] SOLD OUT

new additions:

2018: Schindler's List (1993) [4,000 Copies]

2018: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone / Chamber of Secrets / Prisoner of Azkaban (2001/2002/2004) [5,000 Copies]

2018: Land of the Giants (1968) [1,000 Copies]

• 1 month later...

Update

2008: Superman: The Music (1978/etc) (2nd pressing) [3000 Copies] Less than 100 50 copies!!! <---

Source: https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=90528&amp;forumID=1&amp;archive=0&amp;pageID=1&amp;r=118#bottom

Anyone have any idea when LLL E.T. expansion will be shipping again?

And do we know how many copies remain of CE3K and ET are left?

Just curious because I'd like to get my hands in those in the next month or so. Any information would be helpful.

1 hour ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

Anyone have any idea when LLL E.T. expansion will be shipping again?

Last week's press release indicated ET would be back in stock this week with Close Encounters and Waterworld and a bunch of other stuff:

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=134061&amp;forumID=1&amp;archive=0

But I see their website says its still not available to purchase: 

https://lalalandrecords.com/e-t-the-extra-terrestrial-35th-anniversary-limited-edition-2-cd-set/

This could mean they already sold out again, they didn't get copies in as expected, or there's a glitch on their website.  You could ask them about it.

And do we know how many copies remain of CE3K and ET are left?

There's no way to know that, unless someone asks them and they choose to supply an answer.  I haven't seen any posts about quantities for either title personally.

There's no way to know that, unless someone asks them and they choose to supply an answer.  I haven't seen any posts about quantities for this title personally.

I think that recent press release was a mistake, though, because it listed a number of titles that WERE back in stock in November/October, but have since been selling. ET was indeed back a few months ago, but then went out of stock again.

And I'd also love to know how well HP is selling.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Last week's press release indicated ET would be back in stock this week with Close Encounters and Waterworld and a bunch of other stuff:

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=134061&amp;forumID=1&amp;archive=0

But I see their website says its still not available to purchase: 

https://lalalandrecords.com/e-t-the-extra-terrestrial-35th-anniversary-limited-edition-2-cd-set/

This could mean they already sold out again, they didn't get copies in as expected, or there's a glitch on their website.  You could ask them about it.

There's no way to know that, unless someone asks them and they choose to supply an answer.  I haven't seen any posts about quantities for either title personally.

Thanks so much Jay! I appreciate it. I'll wait a day or two to see if the website changes, but if there is no occurrence that would suggest they are available to purchase again, I will personally inquire further.

It's become quite usual that the speciality labels don't get new copies as fast as they'd like when albums go out of stock. Blame it on the CD plants that are closing down in numbers. Soon, we'll have to contend with CD-R copies when ordering from these labels...

7 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

It's become quite usual that the speciality labels don't get new copies as fast as they'd like when albums go out of stock. Blame it on the CD plants that are closing down in numbers. Soon, we'll have to contend with CD-R copies when ordering from these labels...

Or soon it'd become possible to download these! In pristine digital FLAC files, complete with booklets and covers.

I'd actually welcome that. No more waiting for the mailman, no more broken teeth, broken cases, scratched CDs, or battered slipcases because somebody decided to practice their soccer skills on them. All of our problem would be solved in an instant!