John Williams scores - by Specialty Label

Jay

Yes.

Unlimited just means they aren't restricted to only making a certain amount of copies - they can make as much as they want. However, their license to make new copies will still eventually expire anyway if they won't or can't renew it.

However, looking back at LK's article on their 2006 releases, he says "we will endeavor to keep this in print", so maybe they will press another 100 copies after these 42 sell out? Who knows.

• 4 weeks later...

Some new low quantity alerts from FSM

2006: Goodbye, Mr. Chips (1969) [unlimited] Less than 42 27 copies!!! <---

2000: A Guide For the Married Man (1967) [3000 Copies]: Less than 107 102 copies!!! <----

2006: Diamond Head (1963) / Gone With The Wave (1964) [unlimited] Less than 144 copies!!! <---

2008: Superman: The Music (1978/etc) (2nd pressing) [3000 Copies] Less than 165 copies!!! <---

2005: Jericho (1966) / The Ghostbreaker (1965) [3000 Copies] Less than 178 177 copies!!! <---

To get these numbers II did the shopping cart trick on the ones listed here: http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=95041&forumID=1&archive=0

Another update, from LLL

2010: Home Alone (1990) [3500 Copies] Less than 400 200 copies remaining, going OUT OF PRINT (March 31, 2013)

I would like to get Goodbye Mr. Chips since I'm a Williams completist, but I'm not so fan of score adaptations/arrangements..

and this is a bit expensive.. :(

edit: Wow! It says this title is no longer available!!!

I guess this ends my dilemma!

• 2 months later...

FSM posted this low quantity alert announcement:

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=96445&forumID=1&archive=0

Which could prompt some quick sales of these titles - pick them up now if you want them!

2000: A Guide For the Married Man (1967) [3000 Copies]: Less than 107 82 copies!!! <----

2002: The Man Who Loved Cat Dancing (1973) [3000 Copies] Less than 295 199 copies!!! <----

2005: Jericho (1966) / The Ghostbreaker (1965) [3000 Copies] Less than 177 161 copies!!! <---

2006: Diamond Head (1963) / Gone With The Wave (1964) [unlimited] Less than 144 106 copies!!! <---

2008: Superman: The Music (1978/etc) (2nd pressing) [3000 Copies] Less than 165 85 copies!!! <---

Also some other housekeeping

LLL

2010: Home Alone (1990) [3500 Copies] Less than 200 copies remaining, going OUT OF PRINT (March 31, 2013) SOLD OUT

2013: Rosewood (1997) [2500 Copies]

Intrada

2008: How To Steal A Million (1966) / Bachelor Flat(1962) [2500 Copies]: Less than 415 405 copies remaining

Quartet

2013: Heidi (1968) [1,500 Copies] Less than 350 copies remaining

It's really goodbye to Mr. Chips then. Sadly so as I didn't have a chance to get it.

Don't say I didn't warn ya!

A steady job with a decent pay during last few years would have been a huge asset to my soundtrack collecting combined with these low quantity alerts. ;)

• 1 month later...

Adding The Missouri Breaks to the main post - released yesterday, it's already about to sell out today. Bruce Kimmel has posted that it will likely sell out in the next 12 hours or so. BUY NOW!!!

2013: The Missouri Breaks (1976) [1200 Copies]: Less than 120 copies remaining!!!! <<-----

Also don't forget Heidi is down to under 85 copies. Add that one to your order!!

2013: Heidi (1968) [1,500 Copies] Less than 350 85 copies remaining!!! <-----

And Missouri Breaks is down to 100 copies at Kritzerland

Down to the last 100 copies now.

2008: How To Steal A Million (1966) / Bachelor Flat(1962) [2500 Copies]: Less than 405 395 copies remaining

2013: The Missouri Breaks (1976) [1200 Copies]: Less than 120 100 copies remaining!!!! <<-----

2013: Heidi (1968) [1,500 Copies] Less than 85 copies remaining!!! <----- SOLD OUT

2007: Images (1972) [2000 Copies] POSSIBLY SOLD OUT??

I'm not sure about the status of IMAGES. The price has gone up to $30 at Screen Archives, which is what I'd imagine they'd charge for it if it was OOP and they had come into some copies. Meanwhile it's still $20 at Movie Music, and it's not available on Buy Soundtrax or Intrada at all. I can't find an official site for Prometheus Records other than this empty one.

Thanks Jason! I actually was able to grab one at SAE, at least the order went through! I feel like a little bit of my old self. Feels weird, buying a cd! Hah!

They could put it on 50% off sale while they are at it.

I am happy to say that I am now missing only a few JW titles from my collection, that are OOP already anyway, so I don't have to worry much more of the low quantity alerts. :P

From the ones that are in print, I still don't have Penelope (I check it regularly), and TV Omnibus. (i don't remember if this is limited)

Actually I still don't have TV Omnibus or The Blue Box either but the price on those is too steep at the moment for me.

From the ones that are in print, I still don't have Penelope (I check it regularly), and TV Omnibus. (i don't remember if this is limited)

Actually I still don't have TV Omnibus or The Blue Box either but the price on those is too steep at the moment for me.

Hmm. i see it's limited too. 2000 copies.

Do we have any clue about how many are left?

(the cart trick at SAE doesn't work for this)

Also does anyone know, if we should expect any new cd for Paper chase + Conrack?

Or else i would have to buy a used one..

Not sure if this is the best thread (or the Heidi CD thread) for this, but it looks like The MovieMusic Store currently has Heidi in stock again. Not sure how many, but I'd act fast!

Heidi

I got the TV Omnibus when they put it in for free when you bought a certain amount of FSM titles :)

That's how I got it too. I don't know if I had bought it otherwise.

Well, Images is definitely out of print. The only copies available on Screen Archives are Used (and go for $30), and it's gone from Movie Music, Intrada, and Buy Soundtrax.

I'm not sure what the deal is with the 2nd pressing of The Blue Box. It's certainly Sold Out / Out Of Print, as it's not available for purchase anywhere. But there are posts on FSM that suggest an additional 300 copies might be pressed. No idea when though.

Main post updates:

2008: Superman: The Music (1978/etc) (2nd pressing) [3000 Copies] Less than 85 copies!!! <--- 300 ADDITIONAL COPIES BEING PRINTED NOW

2008: How To Steal A Million (1966) / Bachelor Flat(1962) [2500 Copies]: Less than 395 copies remaining GOING OUT OUT PRINT JULY 29th 2013 OR UNTIL SUPPLIES LAST

2007: Images (1972) [2000 Copies] SOLD OUT

The third batch of Blue Box (300 units) should be available any week now. So, technically speaking, it's not out of print yet.

Karol

Oh, I've not got this one.

EDIT: It's not available. When you add the item into a shopping cart it says it is unavailable.

Karol

Oh shoot! That is an odd shop interface, when it doesn't tell you when the items are actually available and has the Buy now button on the CD's page even though it is not available anymore.

Yeah... And I was going to save my money for a rainy day.