John Williams scores - by Specialty Label

Jay

Your solstice is on the same day as our winter one.

And look... it's my 100th post!!!!! Gee-wow!

It is only the beginning.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

SAE just put out an update here:

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=113234&forumID=1&archive=0

And two of their Williams titles are down to under 50 copies remaining

2002: The Man Who Loved Cat Dancing (1973) [3000 Copies] Less than 100 50 copies!!! <----

2005: Jericho (1966) / The Ghostbreaker (1965) [3000 Copies] Less than 80 50 copies!!! <---

• 1 year later...

Checkmate and Rhythm in Motion may be SOLD OUT on the FSM label, but I would like to bring the spotlight on these two quality Fresh Sound Records reissues, which represent even superior alternatives in terms of sound quality.

p_bmcd858.jpg

Rhythm in Motion/So Nice! with Johnny Desmond (2015, Fresh Sound Records, BMCD 858, Compilation)

Music arranged and conducted by Johnny Williams; Featuring Johnny Williams (p); Three Bonus tracks composed and performed by Johnny Williams: Tuesday's Theme, The Black Knight, Augie's Great Piano.

p_jm1007.jpg

Checkmate/Hong Kong (2015, Fresh Sound Records, JM 1007, Compilation)

"Checkmate": Music composed and conducted by Johnny Williams.

And it's without talking about this other essential one:

p_fsr2228.jpg

John T. Williams - Jazz Beginnings (2006, Fresh Sound Records, FSR 2228, Compilation)

CD 1: The Most Beautiful Girl In The World; In A Little Spanish Town; I'll Take Romance; Zigeuner; Tenderly; Diane; Dear To My Heart; While We're Young; Wait Till You See Her; One Love; Bess,Oh Where's My Bess; Hello (John T. Williams); Aunt Orsavella (John T. Williams); Spring Is Here; Anything Goes; Caribe (John T. Williams); One Love; Our Waltz; CD 2: I've Got The World On A String; Get Happy; That Old Black Magic; Over The Rainbow; Let's Fall In Love; Stormy Weather; My Shinning Hour; Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea; Come Rain Or Come Shine; Here's What I'm Here For; Hit The Road To Dreamland; A Sleepin' Bee; All Of You; The Last Time I Saw Paris; I Can't Get Started; I Got Plenty O'Nuttin'; It's The Talk Of The Town; You'd Be So Nice To Come Home To; It Ain't Necessarily So; Tenderly; This Can't Be Love; Old Devil Moon; My Happy Time; There's A Small Hotel.

(reissue of The John Towner Touch [1957] & World on a String [1957] + others)

And Fitzwilly is still available at Movie Music Store.

http://www.moviemusic.com/soundtrack/M09090/fitzwilly-expanded/

p_mbr035.jpg

Fitzwilly – Special Archival Edition [Original MGM Motion Picture Soundtrack] (1967) (2013, Music Box Records, MBR-035)

FITZWILLY - ORIGINAL ALBUM, STEREO: Overture; Make Me Rainbows (Instrumental); Fitzwilly's Date; Lefty Louie's Love Life; The Gimbel's Robbery; Make Me Rainbows (Vocal); The Xerox Crisis; Samson And Delilah; More Theft; Juliet's Discovery; End Titles; FITZWILLY - FILM RECORDING, MONO: Main Title; Theft / More Theft; You're Hired, Miss Nowell; Buckmaster And Albert; A Fresh Attitude; Piano Caper / Steinway / Boogie Woogie; Xerox Crisis; Phoney Pastor; Pickpocket; Sportsman's Robbery; Juliet's Suspicion; Samson And Delilah; Make Me Rainbows; Doorstep Stuff; Juliet's Discovery; Lefty Louie's Love Life; Money Plan; Within Earshot; Gimbel's Robbery; End Title; FITZWILLY - BONUS TRACK, STEREO: Make Me Rainbows (Vocal) (Alternate Ending). Previously unreleased original score.

UPDATES:

2002: The Man Who Loved Cat Dancing (1973) [3000 Copies] Less than 50 copies!!! <---- SOLD OUT!!! 

2005: Jericho (1966) / The Ghostbreaker (1965) [3000 Copies] Less than 50 copies!!! <---- SOLD OUT!!! 

2010: Black Sunday (1977) [10,000 Copies] OUT OF PRINT (late 2016)

26 minutes ago, Bespin said:

And Fitzwilly is still available the Movie Music Store.

That doesn't mean its not officially sold out, which it is.

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

That doesn't mean its not officially sold out, which it is.

It's just supposed to mean: hurry if you still want it!!!

Same thing for Black Sunday, Movie Music Store still have few copies.

So hurry up, before it's too late...

• 2 weeks later...

I got an email from SAE on January 18th about this:

http://www4.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/14279/TV-OMNIBUS-VOLUME-ONE-1962-1976/

that there are fewer than 350 copies available.

There was a 50% off at the time (valid until 1/23) but I see it hasn't still sold out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We should all buy another copy now that the "teeth gate" has been solved and they corrected the booklets for the later pressing of the JP box. ;)

1 hour ago, Incanus said:

We should all buy another copy now that the "teeth gate" has been solved and they corrected the booklets for the later pressing of the JP box. ;)

Didn't know about that and now I read about it in the relevant thread! :lol:

So, does the new box has a different number or anything?

• 6 months later...

Added Stanley & Iris / Pete N Tillie, ET, and CE3K to the main post, and also fixed the link to Family Plot

2017: E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial (1982) [5,000 Copies]

2017: Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977) [?,??? Copies]

2010: Family Plot (1976) [5,000 Copies]

2017: Stanley & Iris (1990) / Pete N Tillie (1972) [3,000 Copies]

Everything else seemed up to date.

I wonder if I should add the Twilight Time isolated scores to the post?

Thanks for compiling and updating this list, Jay! Having read here tonight about how quickly the new ET is moving, a list like this is a big help for people like me awakening to the compulsion to eventually build a complete JW collection on CD.

• 7 months later...

Oooh thanks for keeping me on my toes, I'm surprised I never popped back in here after the details of CE3K were announced!

You're mistaken about Black Sunday, though; It's never gone OOP and is still available at the same link the main post of this thread points to

On 5/10/2010 at 5:50 PM, Jay said:

2010: Black Sunday (1977) [10,000 Copies]

~

UPDATES:

MV has announced less than 400 copies remain of the John Williams Jurassic Park Collection, so buy it now if you had been planning on it but hadn't yet!

Also added ET & CE3K links to the main post because they weren't there yet.

2016: Jurassic Park (1993) / The Lost World (1997) [5,000 Copies] Less than 400 copies!

2017: E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial (1982) [5,000 Copies]

2017: Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977) [5,000 Copies]

I'm considering adding vinyl information to the main post, like the LIS set, Jaws, Black Sunday, etc.  Should I bother?

8 hours ago, Jay said:

You're mistaken about Black Sunday, though; It's never gone OOP and is still available at the same link the main post of this thread points to

Oh, bugger. I based my information on the FSM page.

Do a lot of JWFans buy JW scores on vinyl?

It's good!

I think it's a bit hard to get into because we went right from having no release at all to having a complete and chronological release.

If we had a 40 minute LP assembly crafted by Williams we lived with for decades and then got the C&C later it might have been easier to get into both the score itself and the whole enchilada.

Basically, it took me a while to get into the score and realize everything it had to offer.

FYI, Family Plot is now just $5.00 , plus a bunch of other titles with Varese's spring cleaning sale!  I thought I got a good deal on it when it was on sale for $11!

https://www.varesesarabande.com/products/family-plot

https://mobile.twitter.com/VareseSarabande/status/988538884043624449

• 1 month later...
On 6/20/2018 at 9:41 PM, Jay said:

Woops totally forgot about that. Updated!

2016: Jurassic Park (1993) / The Lost World (1997) [5,000 Copies] Less than 400 100 copies!

Down to 60 now, mine's just arrived in the country.

2016: Jurassic Park (1993) / The Lost World (1997) [5,000 Copies] Less than 100 copies! SOLD OUT

Also tried to check latest FSM quantities, but they now limit orders to 50 per title so the shopping cart trick doesn't work any more