How big is yours?

Quintus

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question of this thread can be taken the wrong way lol.

For mine I've got a 42'' Samsung HDTV. All though at the time when I bought it I should have looked at all of them.

The question of this thread can be taken the wrong way lol.

I'm sure that's Quint's intention. :)

it's not the length, it's the thickness that makes you gasp.

37 inch LCD Sharp Aquos from a few years ago and it still works great. It's 720p but I have no bluRay yet

If I upgrade I'll get a 46 or 55 inch 120 hz

I don't even remember. I think Panasonic, I think something like 56", and I know it's DLP. It's the mee-ors!

It was only a matter of time before Richie Rich chimed in :D

46" Sony

Are some of you keeping the 120Hz/240 Hz processing turned on? What are your thoughts about this technology. Do you like it? If so, why? What is it that you see? I've seen it at stores and I've seen it on my own set and have it disengaged. I'm not a fan.

Neil

52" Panasonic Plasma.

Oh and I've had lunch with the gentleman that helped it invent it, Donald Bitzer. So you know, it would be a sin for me to own anything other than a plasma.

46" Sony

Are some of you keeping the 120Hz/240 Hz processing turned on? What are your thoughts about this technology. Do you like it? If so, why? What is it that you see? I've seen it at stores and I've seen it on my own set and have it disengaged. I'm not a fan.

Neil

I don't recall setting that feature on my Panasonic. I have the Vizio in the bedroom, my dad gave it to me before he passed and I haven't checked the settings. We just have standard cable going into the bedroom and I don't watch that much TV in there.

Mine runs at 600Hz and boy do I notice it - videogames run as smooth as silk and the response time is impeccable - vital for gaming. Combined with the Playstation 3, Blu-ray movies (especially Pixar ones) look gorgeously vibrant and crisp. Up until recently the tv was the top of the range Panny, as stated in this indepth review.

I picked it up for the bargain price of £798 a few months ago.

I don't even remember. I think Panasonic, I think something like 56", and I know it's DLP. It's the mee-ors!

It was only a matter of time before Richie Rich chimed in :D

Costco man, they got great prices. :P

36" Samsung 720p. A larger TV would not fit where I want it, and a higher resolution at that size is allegedly imperceptible. Besides, the DirecTV is not HD and I still use DVDs and VHS, not BR.

46" Sony

Neil

that's what some friends told me. It make movies look fake because it removes blur in scenes that are meant to be blurry. I'd still get a 120 hz because maybe it would be useful for games

They oughta remake the Flintstones cartoons in 3D. I just can't believe that Fred's house is one series of long identical corridors after another.