Star Trek 3 The Search for Spock now available for pre-order!

Delorean90

why didnt they start with ST TMP?

Maybe they are working on it and want to release as the crowining last ST release of this deal... :lol:

unless the rights are from another label-film studio...

Star Trek: The Motion Picture's rights are with Sony. It maybe still difficult for the labels to release the complete one for that. The Anniversary set is still in print...but who knows. I guess anything is possible these days.

Are they really doing just one Star Trek expanded score per year? But who is going to want Star Trek IV expanded? j/k, I'm sure some do. But that score didn't do ANYTHING for me. Now... Star Trek V... I really want. Maybe they can do Star Trek IV and V in the same year? Yes, yes? :lol:

Concerning which companies own which music:

ALL TV SERIES - GNP has rights in perp to the music they released (Universal has the Enterprise rights to the music they released). CBS has all other rights to any and all unreleased music.

ST TMP - Sony... Paramount... Sony.... Paramount.... Sony.... Paramount.... Mommie make it stop!

ST II Kahn - WEA/Paramount (on FSM)

ST III Spock - Capital/Paramount (on FSM)

ST IV: Voyage - MCA/Paramount

ST V: Frontier - Sony/Paramount

ST VI: Country - MCA/Paramount

ST Generations - GNP/Paramount

ST First Contact - GNP/Paramount

ST Insurrection - GNP/Paramount

ST Nemesis - Varese/Paramount

So, in other words if a third party comes into play they have to take both beauties to the ball...one for each arm. wink.gif

MV

PS Do not rely on iTunes for in print/out of print information. Sometimes the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing... and vice versa

So, in other words if a third party comes into play they have to take both beauties to the ball...one for each arm.

MV

Reminds me of my senior prom...

Wow what a hell of a thing to wake up to!!! I'm definitely ordering myself a copy. By the way Joe (Datameister) please do us a favor and buy the CD. We promise you you'll enjoy it. Yes Horner used the main theme in this one from Star Trek 2, which was fitting since it was practically a continuation from Star Trek 2, however, this score is still awesome on its own. We promise you won't regret it.

You seem to take it almost personally when someone decides to pass on a score you love, Trent.

I won't be buying this - TWoK is a really nice listen, but I only got it really as I liked the clips and I love Horner's theme. My rule with LEs is I never buy one just because it's popular - it has to be something I can be confident I will listen to, either by knowledge, or by clips that click with me instantly.

Stealing the Enterprise?

yes, especially when they tell kirk they are losing precious time.

Wow what a hell of a thing to wake up to!!! I'm definitely ordering myself a copy. By the way Joe (Datameister) please do us a favor and buy the CD. We promise you you'll enjoy it. Yes Horner used the main theme in this one from Star Trek 2, which was fitting since it was practically a continuation from Star Trek 2, however, this score is still awesome on its own. We promise you won't regret it.

You seem to take it almost personally when someone decides to pass on a score you love, Trent.

I certainly won't be buying this either. As for Trent's post quoted above, I don't think you should be promising anything to anyone in terms of music. You can't possibly know Datameister's taste in music, and thus whether he would enjoy this or not. And when you say "we" and "us," who are you referring to?

I can go up to Mark and be like "Hey, I promise you will enjoy this!" and hand him Dead Man's Chest. Just because I like it, doesn't mean he will. If anything, I'll probably receive a smack to the face.

Well, Trent does have perhaps a better feel for my tastes than most do. Although I don't think I'd enjoy the TSFS soundtrack as much as he thinks I would, and I don't intend to buy it, I appreciate his input. :P

I can go up to Mark and be like "Hey, I promise you will enjoy this!" and hand him Dead Man's Chest. Just because I like it, doesn't mean he will. If anything, I'll probably receive a smack to the face.

Dont give it in a pink ipod, just in case something blows up. ;)

Well, Trent does have perhaps a better feel for my tastes than most do. Although I don't think I'd enjoy the TSFS soundtrack as much as he thinks I would, and I don't intend to buy it, I appreciate his input. ;)

I think you're a dickhead for saying this.

Between the people being called dickheads and pricks, this expanded soundtrack's been nothing but trouble and the damn thing hasn't even shipped yet.

Well, Trent does have perhaps a better feel for my tastes than most do. Although I don't think I'd enjoy the TSFS soundtrack as much as he thinks I would, and I don't intend to buy it, I appreciate his input. ;)

I think you're a dickhead for saying this.

I think you're a patak for posting this.

I certainly won't be buying this either. As for Trent's post quoted above, I don't think you should be promising anything to anyone in terms of music. You can't possibly know Datameister's taste in music, and thus whether he would enjoy this or not. And when you say "we" and "us," who are you referring to?

I see 'we' and 'us' in Trent's context as 'I love this score, loads of other people do, why don't you?'.

I think Trent even brought out the whip when someone revealed they'd never heard the score to BTTF, which considering there was no release whatsoever, and the boot was pretty shitty (for those who even accept boots), doesn't surprise me. I wasn't familiar at all with the second half of the Clocktower sequence for example, but of course I bought it because I knew from watching the film lots that whatever music was there was amazing.

Enough recent high profile releases haven't appealed to me (either through samples, or... umm, slightly more comprehensive samples...) that I feel blanket "this score is a classic" recommendations don't work, and 'promises' will just result in a wasted purchase.

I think you guys are dickheads for passing on all this good music. :D

I might run you over with my car.

I've been meaning to ask you about that before Steef even put it in his signature, someone have a grudge against you?

I've been meaning to ask you about that before Steef even put it in his signature, someone have a grudge against you?

Apparently so. Since I responded to that post he has completely blocked me on facebook. I can't see that post on the wall anymore, though I'm told it's still there. If he's a friend of someone I know (and there are a few people) he doesn't even show up in the friends list. I was given the URL to his page and I get a page that says this doesn't exist. He also hasn't responded to a PM I sent him two days ago asking what his problem was with me, though I know he's read it. Who cares? The Star Trek III album is great. It's every piece of music you could want, it sounds great and unlike me, I'm sure everyone is going to love it.

Neil

That's sorta funny Neil that someone wrote that but won't explain his beef with you. Ah well, some people are just plain idiots I guess. Like I said on Facebook I for one am grateful for the scores that have recently come out and for the ones you've worked on.

Apparently so. Since I responded to that post he has completely blocked me on facebook. I can't see that post on the wall anymore, though I'm told it's still there. If he's a friend of someone I know (and there are a few people) he doesn't even show up in the friends list. I was given the URL to his page and I get a page that says this doesn't exist. He also hasn't responded to a PM I sent him two days ago asking what his problem was with me, though I know he's read it. Who cares?

Personally, I think you should set course to chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before you give him up! Because it seems clear to me that he tasks you. Oooh yes,he tasks you......and when push comes to shove.....you shall HAVE HIM!!!

I'm only back from Australia and I've creamed my pants yet again. That's not very damn funny!

I'm surprised it didn't show up in anyone's yesterday. Didn't FSM start mailing them on Tuesday?

Mine is still pending.

And since my other order is bundled with The Concert: John Barry, which is a pre-order supposed to ship in late May <checks calendar>, I already know of one order that's going to be quite late. Why not make it two?

Mine shipped, don't know when. I have a USPS tracking number, which is usually useless. Was hoping to get it before the weekend, but isn't looking likely. Oh, well.