Star Trek 3 The Search for Spock now available for pre-order!

Delorean90

• 2 weeks later...
And yeah, "Stealing the Enterprise" cue as heard in the film is better, for it sounds less like Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet now. :lol:

Even though the Prokofiev quote is really too unashamed, I must say I prefer the OST album version of "Stealing the Enterprise". I think hearing just the rhythmic accompainment isn't enough, as the scene starts with Kirk and Bones fighting to get free and the racing strings give the cue a lot of momentum and excitement.

However, there are LOTS of Prokofiev "homage" throughout the score... Alexander Nevskij pops out frequently! Nevertheless, it's a great, fun score. I wish we could have more quality film music like this in these days... sigh...

I didn't make a personal edit. I just put both discs onto my iPod as two different albums so I have the different album covers, and can choose which ones I want to listen to. I paid for them so until I run out of room on my iPod, I'll be generous.

I really have no rhyme or reason about which albums I split into d1 and d2, and which ones I stitch together.

I didn't make a personal edit. I just put both discs onto my iPod as two different albums so I have the different album covers, and can choose which ones I want to listen to. I paid for them so until I run out of room on my iPod, I'll be generous.

I really have no rhyme or reason about which albums I split into d1 and d2, and which ones I stitch together.

Yeah that's how I do it. One separate album for the score and one for the original album. And I use different covers.

I put on Disc 1 [the score tracks only], and then the album alternates on Disc 2. Then I made an OST-assembly playlist. Worked like a charm.

When I get a score presented like this, I always organize the score (Complete / Expanded) under the name of the movie, then the Alternates as another, then the LP / Album arrangement as another.

If the score spans more than one CD, I make a single virtual album with all of the cues.

If the score stretches over two discs, I stitch them together. If disc two is just the original OST and alternates, I keep them separate. And like Mark I even used different cover images, the old OST one for disc 2.

The scores that I have that are longer than 2 discs (LotR CRs, Final Fantasys) I have each disc separate. It'd be too much of a pain to stitch that much together.

I just put each disc of a score into one big playlist for said score. So LOTR discs 1, 2, 3, 4 would all be in one big playlist. I think it's simpler than dealing with "albums".

I normally don't put alternates onto my iPod. However, if a score is actually two discs for my "play-list" I'll have it as a whole in one folder.

I normally don't put alternates onto my iPod. However, if a score is actually two discs for my "play-list" I'll have it as a whole in one folder.

Yup, that's exactly what I do. Except I just stick alternates at the end of the play list.

• 4 years later...

Holy crap! SAE only has 150 copies of this left, then its gone!

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=109980&forumID=1&archive=0

I thought this was an unlimited title? I wonder if Intrada will re-release it as their MAF line like what they did for Star Trek V once it goes bye bye.

• 7 years later...

Great for anybody who missed out. It's a fantastic presentation, definitely elevated the score, and already sounded great.

Karol

On 09/06/2022 at 3:16 PM, Gibster said:

Does anyone know the odds of the Wrath Of Khan LaLaLa Land being reissued soon? it says "TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK"  I would prefer to wait for that one

Spock is better anyway ;)

7 hours ago, Toa_of_Pi said:

Ooh, that's exciting to hear!  But now I'm saddened that Intrada is out of stock for IV and V.  Oh well, at least I can pick up VI at the same time.

I’m sure they will restock on the other two within the next few months.

Yavar

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/06/2022 at 3:40 PM, bruce marshall said:

I'm fine with the ost.

Actually.....

Someone over at FSM generously offered me the SCORE disc from the Retrograde release.

I shall combine it with the GNP ost into a custom two CD version😁