Star Trek 3 The Search for Spock now available for pre-order!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yeah, "Stealing the Enterprise" cue as heard in the film is better, for it sounds less like Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet now. :lol:

Even though the Prokofiev quote is really too unashamed, I must say I prefer the OST album version of "Stealing the Enterprise". I think hearing just the rhythmic accompainment isn't enough, as the scene starts with Kirk and Bones fighting to get free and the racing strings give the cue a lot of momentum and excitement.

However, there are LOTS of Prokofiev "homage" throughout the score... Alexander Nevskij pops out frequently! Nevertheless, it's a great, fun score. I wish we could have more quality film music like this in these days... sigh...

I didn't make a personal edit. I just put both discs onto my iPod as two different albums so I have the different album covers, and can choose which ones I want to listen to. I paid for them so until I run out of room on my iPod, I'll be generous.

I really have no rhyme or reason about which albums I split into d1 and d2, and which ones I stitch together.

I didn't make a personal edit. I just put both discs onto my iPod as two different albums so I have the different album covers, and can choose which ones I want to listen to. I paid for them so until I run out of room on my iPod, I'll be generous.

I really have no rhyme or reason about which albums I split into d1 and d2, and which ones I stitch together.

Yeah that's how I do it. One separate album for the score and one for the original album. And I use different covers.

When I get a score presented like this, I always organize the score (Complete / Expanded) under the name of the movie, then the Alternates as another, then the LP / Album arrangement as another.

If the score spans more than one CD, I make a single virtual album with all of the cues.

If the score stretches over two discs, I stitch them together. If disc two is just the original OST and alternates, I keep them separate. And like Mark I even used different cover images, the old OST one for disc 2.

The scores that I have that are longer than 2 discs (LotR CRs, Final Fantasys) I have each disc separate. It'd be too much of a pain to stitch that much together.

• 4 years later...