New Varese Star Trek the Deluxe Edition!

Ollie

Someone was kind enough to send me a low mp3 128k rate of the first track for the Deluxe Edition of Star Trek. From 0:00-0:54ish I wanna say is the film version logo music which is found on the OST. From 0:54 to the end is in fact the rest of the cue (UNEDITED) for "Narada Bing". In fact some of the "unused" bits that Joe (Datameister) found, the two bits at the end of the "Unused Miscellanea" file are from "Narada Bing". The edit isn't jarring at all and is actually quite good and it has a clean ending for the track.

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone was kind enough to send me a low mp3 128k rate of the first track for the Deluxe Edition of Star Trek. From 0:00-0:54ish I wanna say is the film version logo music which is found on the OST. From 0:54 to the end is in fact the rest of the cue (UNEDITED) for "Narada Bing". In fact some of the "unused" bits that Joe (Datameister) found, the two bits at the end of the "Unused Miscellanea" file are from "Narada Bing". The edit isn't jarring at all and is actually quite good and it has a clean ending for the track.

Trent... thank you for putting my mind at ease. I'd have accepted a hybrid track, but this makes things better still. :eek:

Sounds like everything on the set has a clean ending except "Labor Of Love"

And we have the OST for that. With a little waveform trickery, we can get a clean opening for Main Title too.

You're quite welcome. :eek:

For the most part too the music syncs up with the sequence. I still think though that sequence was slightly edited down in the film.

I never got a shipping confirmation from Varese for The Goonies, and it just showed up one day. I haven't gotten a shipping confirmation for Star Trek either; I assume the same thing will happen. Hopefully it arrives today.

Well, mine arrived. It's at the bottom of my listening pile though...maybe I'll hear it in about 2 weeks. :eek:

Congrats Joey, I think you're the first person on this board to get theirs lol

I have to say, it really does look pretty nice. I haven't broken the shrinkwrap yet, but this book format that it's in honestly looks really classy. It's a centerpiece type of item.

My Star Trek order has left drydock!

That's what I'm talking about! Mailmen seem to think that the range of shipping the mail, like a grapefruit, is limited to about 100 miles. I say I could not only beam a grapefruit from one planet to the adjacent planet in the same system - which is easy, by the way - I could do it with a Blu-Ray sized soundtrack album.

Wojo. I know that soundtrack. What happened to it?

Me too. I hope Saavik or Valeris is flying, thrusters only is such a silly regulation.

Thrusters on full :eek:

Wojo. I know that soundtrack. What happened to it?

Me too. I hope Saavik or Valeris is flying, thrusters only is such a silly regulation.

Thrusters on full :eek:

Thank you lieutenant, one quarter impulse power.

If I read this thread correctly (well, skimmed anyway), and those chorus parts from the final battle with Nero are indeed missing, that's extremely disappointing. They're quite a highlight in the finished film, and to have such a momentous moment of the score missing from the "Deluxe Edition" is a pathetic error.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. (I know how some of you guys get off on it.)

If I read this thread correctly (well, skimmed anyway), and those chorus parts from the final battle with Nero are indeed missing, that's extremely disappointing. They're quite a highlight in the finished film, and to have such a momentous moment of the score missing from the "Deluxe Edition" is a pathetic error.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. (I know how some of you guys get off on it.)

Nope, you're right.

I think I'm the only one glad the choir isn't there.

And why are you glad for that?

I have no strong feelings one way or the other right now. Maybe I will once I've actually listened to the CD.

Nope, you're right.

And why are you glad for that?

Because I don't really like the choir in the score much.

I have no strong feelings one way or the other right now. Maybe I will once I've actually listened to the CD.

Well if you've heard the OST, the same tracks that are missing choir there are also missing choir on the D.E.

"Nero Death Experience" and "Nero Fiddles, Narada Burns", which had the choir on the OST, still have choir here.

Early reports indicate that Spock goes Spelunking, which has choir in the film, doesn't have it on the D.E., however.

And we won't have a release for the film version for... like many years.

If I was responsible, I would produce a "Michael Giacchino missing pieces" disc, with these cues, Roar, more from Lost, and rarities I can't recall right now.

I hope that jab wasn't pointed in my direction because of the rim clicks discussion...I apologize if I came across as overly critical or something. I thought we were just having a fun discussion about what instruments make what sounds. :)

I've still got tons of stuff I haven't listened to, so much that I turned it into a project for my blog (which I'm even slacking at).

I'm not organized like Joey (225), I just listen to whatever arrives, and forget about the stuff I ordered before :)

I never finished Back To The Future, one listen for The Goonies, one for Poseidon Adventure, didn't even touch ID4.

I've still got tons of stuff I haven't listened to, so much that I turned it into a project for my blog (which I'm even slacking at).

I'm not organized like Joey (225), I just listen to whatever arrives, and forget about the stuff I ordered before :)

I never finished Back To The Future, one listen for The Goonies, one for Poseidon Adventure, didn't even touch ID4.

Nice use of parenthesis there. ;)

There are too many Joes and Joeys on this board....I should change my name.

I got my set today. Man they really short changed on the packaging and it's ugly as hell compared to the rest of the CD's. I'm ripping the score now as I type.

It is kinda annoying that I ordered the day after it went on sale direct from Varese and still don't have it, yet people who bought from 3rd party stores already got there. Though I guess I don't really know how all that stuff works

Yeah I was one of the first to order at 3AM, along with joey225 and Mark O. If you ordered yours later that day, I'm sure you'll get it tomorrow or Wednesday.

Either way, check your inbox Jay.