Old School versus Young Blood!

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which are you more looking forward too?

• Star Trek III: The Search For Spock
    • Star Trek (2009)

What Neapolitan chord, can you be more specific?

I don't hear anyone easing Ice Cream in the score :lol:

Charlie Waffles:

twomen_recap_ep508.jpg

@ Datameister

If I'm correct, the chord progression in Giacchino's theme is I-VI and then the neapolitan chord. I know what you mean. Some time ago I played with ideas, and eventually I used that neapolitan and thought "That sounds a hell of alot like Horner's Star Trek".

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's okay, pretty good even. But I dunno, something about the orchestration of his music (in general) doesn't gel well with me. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it's almost as if he's trying too hard to fill in the gaps, to make use of his instruments -

That's very funny because I think he could do a little more, how you call it, "gap-filling".

clearly the correct answer is Star Trek III, course with the current membership here suckling at the breast of Giacchino it's no surprise that 14 answered incorrectly.

One is clearly a quality score the other is the 11th best Star Trek score ever, EVER.

clearly the correct answer is Star Trek III, course with the current membership here suckling at the breast of Giacchino it's no surprise that 14 answered incorrectly.

One is clearly a quality score the other is the 11th best Star Trek score ever, EVER.

:P Once again, your penchant for insisting your own tastes are correct and others' are pathetic has convinced me of the error of my ways! Thank goodness we have you to educate us on what to like. We'd be hopeless otherwise.

And in case you forgot to look at ALL of the results, twice as many people preferred the Horner score over the Giacchino score. Does that count for anything? Is that not a large enough majority for you?

fuck off Joe, I have as much a right to post my dismay at the sickening trend at this once fine message board.

fuck off Joe, I have as much a right to post my dismay at the sickening trend at this once fine message board.

And Joey goes back on my ignore list

wonderful. I'd ignore you to but your posts are so dull why bother.

When you want to start being a likeable peson Joey, do let us know, thanks.

When you want to start being a likeable peson Joey, do let us know, thanks.

The mudblood spoke to Kreature.

Kreacher is sorry to have offended the grammar Nazi, I will have to punish myself by consuming nearly rare pieces of beef.

Ah, I see, you edited your post not quick enough ... I don't think Rowling spelled Kreacher wrong and you're the chosen one to reveal it.

:rolleyes: Once again, your penchant for insisting your own tastes are correct and others' are pathetic has convinced me of the error of my ways! Thank goodness we have you to educate us on what to like. We'd be hopeless otherwise.

In his defense, there are countless "personal opinions" that I would say are just wrong.

But, this isn't one of them ;)

Joey, why don't you take the saying underneath your avatar to heart? Or is that bloody sarcasm?

In his defense, there are countless "personal opinions" that I would say are just wrong.

Certainly. I can scream at the world that the sky is orange for as long as I want, but my personal opinion will be wrong regardless. I can decide that I don't exist, but I'd be wrong about that, too. I could suggest that

, or that the moon is made of cheese...any number of factually incorrect opinions. But when it comes to the chaotic but organized vibration of air molecules producing a quasi-involuntary emotional response in human listeners, the idea that one type of vibration could be inherently and objectively "better" than another is laughable, even when stated in a tongue-in-cheek way.

Of course, Aristotle may disagree, right, Hlao-roo? :rolleyes:

fuck off Joe

Uh...that sounds like some kind of onanism...

Really, people use the ignore option? I dont know, you can disagree with other people and get angry, but as to the extreme of eliminating the existence of their posts in your computer....

Eveyone writes something worthy from time to time.

fuck off Joe

Really, people use the ignore option? I dont know, you can disagree with other people and get angry, but as to the extreme of eliminating the existence of their posts in your computer....

I don't.

fuck off Joe

I don't.

yes you do. The Great Eye is most interesting.

Ah, I see, you edited your post not quick enough ... I don't think Rowling spelled Kreacher wrong and you're the chosen one to reveal it.

:) Once again, your penchant for insisting your own tastes are correct and others' are pathetic has convinced me of the error of my ways! Thank goodness we have you to educate us on what to like. We'd be hopeless otherwise.

But, this isn't one of them ;)

Joey, why don't you take the saying underneath your avatar to heart? Or is that bloody sarcasm?

actually I change my answer because I didn't like it. My attempt at humor saying JK spelled it wrong was lame.

Btw look at the avatar, its Mr Sardonicus, he's not smiling cause he want's to.