Why do you still come to the John Williams message board.

Why do you still come to Jwfan.com  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you still come to visit the John Williams message board.

• To see if John Williams has died yet.
    • To see what new scores are being released.
    • To talk about Michael Giachinno.
    • To talk about Hans Zimmer.
    • To talk about movies and film scores.
    • To see if maybe John might be scoring something soon.
    • To see the infrequent posts by Ricard.
    • Other reasons: you got some splainin to do Lucy!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the truth.

But if I had to pick one of the above, "To talk about movies and film scores" rings truest. I really enjoy listening to and studying the music I like, much of which is written by John Williams and other film composers with somewhat similar sensibilities. This place offers a chance to discuss those scores - what we like about them, what we dislike about them, how they were written, what other scores are good, which ones are being released, whether or not they include JW's farts, etc. Heck, there are even some people here who like to have a mutually respectful conversation.

It's the truth.

But if I had to pick one of the above, "To talk about movies and film scores" rings truest. I really enjoy listening to and studying the music I like, much of which is written by John Williams and other film composers with somewhat similar sensibilities. This place offers a chance to discuss those scores - what we like about them, what we dislike about them, how they were written, what other scores are good, which ones are being released, whether or not they include JW's farts, etc. Heck, there are even some people here who like to have a mutually respectful conversation.

fair enough and thanks for the less than well hidden dig. I too like mutually repectful conversation, and there are a few here who I can do that with. But as I find less and less reason to visit this place I had to ask.

Why do you still come to the John Williams message board

One day we brought our Cat came back from the Vet where she'd had dental treatment. Because of the anesthetic she was flopping all over the place, tongue hanging out, eyes half open, but still managed to woddle her way towards the exact same area where each day she has gravitated towards for about 16 years to collect the food layed out for her. In other words, old habits die hard.

I'm here to see if Joe has posted, what he has posted and what people are saying about Joe.

There isn't one day that I don't think about Joe, his strong, masculine chest, his piercing gaze, his bald head, always a sight of manliness and sexuel prowes.

I'm here for JoeinAr!

Indeed. That big sexy stud.

I'm here to see if Joe has posted, what he has posted and what people are saying about Joe.

There isn't one day that I don't think about Joe, his strong, masculine chest, his piercing gaze, his bald head, always a sight of manliness and sexuel prowes.

I'm here for JoeinAr!

Who am I kidding? Me too!

I too like mutually repectful conversation, and there are a few here who I can do that with.

A small amendment to my original sentence:

Heck, there are even some people here who like to have a mutually respectful conversation, regardless of whether they're in agreement with each other.

To see who has called me a "prick".

Neil

With the World Cup thread a-brewing nicely, I dare say I will have to come up with some new insults....not for your good self, of course, but you were kind enough to compliment me on one of my efforts in the World Cup 2006 thread - I hope to raise the bar significantly this year. Having said that, I have had little inspiration - only one person on these boards has come close to insulting me over the past few months, and even then they only came close...D- Must try harder.

I come to these boards to read and take part in the intelligent, well-mannered and informed conversations that 90% of the regular users similarly seem to take pleasure in, as well as enjoying the community in general. My post-count does no justice to the amount of time I spend here. Hell, I practically split up with my wife here!!! laugh.gif

To see who has called me a "prick".

Neil

I think you're a prick for posting this.

My option would be other, which would include mostly options 2,3, and 5. And to see if Joe's posted, of course, the board is nothing without him.

Sorry - my bad grammar - I insulted someone in that good thread, and you were kind enough to compliment me on the insult. I took great pride in this. Of course, such pride usually comes before a fall.

I'm relatively new here, so the straight answer is to talk about movies and film scores with you guys. The only other person I know who gives a rat's ass about film music is my brother, but he's like allergic to staying in touch. So yeah, it's fun to chat with others bitten by the bug. Plus y'all are pretty darn entertaining. :rolleyes:

Sorry - my bad grammar - I insulted someone in that good thread, and you were kind enough to compliment me on the insult. I took great pride in this. Of course, such pride usually comes before a fall.

Link? Refresh my memory. I'm drawing a blank here.

Neil