I bought The Two Towers CD today, but...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not out yet in the States, so I don't have it yet. I confess I broke down and pre-ordered the internet limited edition. I can't wait for it to arrive!

How do you like it?

Waiting for the limited release. But I got my tickets for the midnight premiere today. :P

Marian - counting the hours (360.5)

Are the midnight premieres of LOTR as exciting as Star Wars Marian(assuming you went to the first LOTR one that is)? I've always had a blast at the midnight premieres of Star Wars, and i'm contemplating going to the midnight premiere of LOTR. Good lord! After all is said and done, i'd be getting home at about 4:00am that morning after the movie, if I go to the midnight premiere.

One things for sure: the lines for LOTR are sure going to be helluva long opening weekend!

The first midnight premiere I ever attended was Chamber of Secrets a couple of weeks ago. So I can't really tell you.

But I can give you this comparison: Seeing the Star Wars movies on the big screen for the first time (SE's in '97) was thrilling, particularly the main title music - which I of course already know. Hearing the first statement of the Ring theme in FOTR last year, without having heard a second of the score before, was nearly as thrilling. :P

Marian - who usually stays up until 4:00am anyway. :wow:

The score is brilliant, but like Fellowship, it's even better in its full form in the film. It's another huge winner from Shore. If you didn't care for the first one, this probably won't win you over. But if liked the first, you'll love TTT.

The Two Towers sounds again very impressive. I must say Shore has done an excellent job in somehow translating Tolkien's words into music. And much to my surprise he has perfectly expanded on his musical palette.

The new themes blend wonderfully with the old ones. Only I think FOTR still sounds more diverse on cd. TTT on the other hand is a much more mature score. Shore really took the best parts of FOTR and delved deeper into it, creating an overall more complex sound for the sequel. But where FOTR had some happy and perhaps peacefull sounding music TTT has practically none of that. You can clearly hear this story is getting darker and sadder.

Presentation is again top-notch, with wonderfull performances by the Orchestra, Choir and the soloists. Of them, I was especially moved by Sheila Chandra in the track 'Breath of Life'. Also IMHO Gollum's Song beats Enya's May it be as the better End Credits song. It's just so darn sad!

The action music is again great with some wonderfull marches and choral work. Riders of Rohan is a bold new theme with some excellent fiddle-work, I still enjoy the Fellowship theme more though. It's given a very fullfilling statement on track 5, it was litteraly sending chills down my spine.

I really can't wait to see the movie, I'm betting like Roald that the music works even better in it's full form on screen. Too bad we have to wait two more weeks. Fortunatly I have this new absolutely perfect cd to accompany that time.

Oskar - who will be assuming the false identity of a 'Zwarte Piet' tomorrow :mrgreen: .

Oskar, Roald?

Which version do you have?

If the limited edition CD with the extra bonus track for sale already?

Stefancos- who will go all Gollum-like when he gets this CD.

My love, my own, my love....my preciousssssss

i have other resources. publicity for warner brothers records finally sent me the soundtrack, limited internet edition. received it today. how's that for knowing where to look?

I got the jewel case today. They had two copies of the limited edition, but I didn't feel like paying an extra ?13,-- for just that one song (I don't care about the packaging)...

-Marc, who thinks ?35,-- is a rediculous price for a CD, and so is ?21,99. :)

:mrgreen: The Riders of Rohan from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

...why is there no one mentioning anything about it here?

Bye,

Roald

'Cause its LOTR's not a John Williams project.

While a legitimate thread it is YAWN LOTR the two towers afterall.

just alot of bloodletting and gore. A dark set up for the final act next Christmas.

Joe, who noticed the Lord of the Rings table hasn't sold well at all at his B&N. Even with the new glossy TT movie books.

I did'nt even know it was out until yesterday. I was just browsing round a shop and saw it high in the album chart and thought "bloody hell the FILM is'nt even out yet and here is the soundtrack". Making there money for christmas thats why. They're pretty damn sure the film will be a hit with the kids and that they'll want the score, so they've released it early for all the christmas shoppers. The onyl time i've bought a score prior to watching the film was with Schindlers List. I heard some of the music on a preview program on TV and liked it immediately. So bought the score, then watched the film.

...why is there no one mentioning anything about it here?

Bye,

Roald

'Cause its LOTR's not a John Williams project.

While a legitimate thread it is YAWN LOTR the two towers afterall.

just alot of bloodletting and gore. A dark set up for the final act next Christmas.

Joe, who noticed the Lord of the Rings table hasn't sold well at all at his B&N. Even with the new glossy TT movie books.

If the book is any indication, the movie will be superb. the story is much more than bloodletting and gore. and as i have projected before, i will gauruntee everyone that the Two Towers will gross more than any other movie this year with the exception of maybe Spiderman. but i wouldn't be surprised if it even passed that. Harry Potter's numbers aren't as good as they were expected to be. don't get me wrong, i loved Harry Potter. but it won't hold a candle to LOTR in box office revenue this year. just my opinion of course. we'll have to waitr and see what happens.

Ted

Actually, it's not uncommon for scores to be released one week or 2 weeks prior to the films release.

Actually, it's pretty uncommon for JW scores NOT to be released before the movie is out. Just that they're releasing them here shortly before the movies come out HERE now, instead of having pretty much the same CD release date as the US, like it used to be until recently (A.I., or perhaps Angela's Ashes):

• 2 weeks later...