Mistakes in the Orchestra

indy4

While I wouldn't classify it as an orchestral mistake, the opening cue for Twister has a brief snippet of the conductor, or Mancina, talking to them at the beginning.

I always thought that this was intended. I like it...gives the music some more "personality".

• 3 years later...

I don't usually hear that many mistakes -- the ones Buck mentioned about Conan the Barbarian are on point, and are fixed in the Prague re-recording. Most of the time I usually just hear the musicians flipping the pages and maybe them picking up their instruments.

I do notice with some LLL releases' bonus tracks there are mistakes or talking. There's Shirley Walker briefly talking before recording started on Turbulence's bonus "End Credits suite" as well as Bear McCreary telling a brass player "play it shittier" on The Cape's "Homeless Blues" cue.

One thing you quickly realize at sessions is that the caliber of brass needed to record/read John's music is elite. Especially while playing 6 hours a day.

Its not uncommon in anyone's music out here to have some really horrendous outtakes - because the players really need to commit to the music, kind of like throwing a baseball. He is instructing you to throw the ball AS HARD AS YOU CAN at the catcher's glove - sometimes accuracy is hit or miss.

Either way there are not a lot of people in the world who can record JW action cues - and even some of those have bad days at his sessions.

oh and the worst mess up is that legendary trumpet clinker during the brass epilouge in Home Alone 2 star of Bethlehem