James Horner and the P51 Horsemen

TownerFan

I was going to report this myself but you beat me to it. ;)

And yeah great music.

Hey that sounds vintage Horner (Horsemen)....amazing, I haven't been that impressed with a piece of music on first listen in a long time. And he's expanding on those amazing brass lines that were removed from the film version of War in Avatar.

I want it

what's this video format?...download helper can't grab it

Indeed...truly cinematic and great to see him composing outside of film scores. We need to see more of the "classical" Horner.

That Horsemen piece is good, indeed. There are certain passages that remind me just slightly of Goldsmith's "Soarin' over California", which I think is an even better piece of flying music, but I'm impressed on the whole.

What was the music playing through the first parts of the video? I assumed that was part of the piece, but now I realize it probably wasn't. Was that from one of his film scores?

Hey that sounds vintage Horner (Horsemen)....amazing, I haven't been that impressed with a piece of music on first listen in a long time. And he's expanding on those amazing brass lines that were removed from the film version of War in Avatar.

I want it

what's this video format?...download helper can't grab it

The website will offer a download package with the music as stand-alone file. Sometimes next week, i think.

James Horner's voice always creeps me out. I feel like the next thing he's going to say is "get into the back of my van, please."

:thumbup:

James Horner's voice always creeps me out. I feel like the next thing he's going to say is "get into the back of my van, please."

Immediately followed by his danger motif, and a few clangs and flurrys as the intended victim flees.

Sounds nice, though.

John Williams sounds the same. His voice is so soft spoken you can see someone complying with his wicked requests. :)

John Williams sounds the same. His voice is so soft spoken you can see someone complying with his wicked requests. :)

I agree, Horner would be far too obvious and cliche a serial killer. Easy to spot, and easy to avoid. On the other hand, John would lure people in with silky gloves and fine dining to the gentle disarming sounds of "A Tree for my Bed" playing in the background,before savagely sinking a pick axe into his guest's skull when at their most open and innocent. Which begs the question.....

Can John Williams be trusted?

2mrb9rn.jpg

Immediately followed by his danger motif, and a few clangs and flurrys as the intended victim flees.

;)

I think it is soft in a similar way, but it fits him. When I hear Horner speak, I just think "wouldn't your voice be better fitted to an old lady?" ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to listening to the clips. Wow, some nice stuff from Horner. I'm going to get both cues.

Damn. Looks like you can't download the 2 tracks without paying $25 to get the videos and poster as well? Kind of lame. For $25 you should at least get them on a pressed CD.

Hmm, I thought the cues were going to be available separately. I thought someone at FSM had posted that.

Oops, the audio files sound corrupted on my netbook. Too late at night to try them on my desktop...

I bought these and downloaded them. The tracks are completely f'd up. Can't hear anything but a bunch of noise and crackle. Perfect. ;)

Everything will be sorted out later today. Looks like we stumbled upon a test page!

Really looking forward to hearing the pieces....

I bought these and downloaded them. The tracks are completely f'd up. Can't hear anything but a bunch of noise and crackle. Perfect. :lol:

BBWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Suckers!

I surmise that the target audience of the bundle purchase are the airplane enthusiasts who frequent that site, who really want the HD videos, and their children who want cool posters for their bedroom.

We as soundtrack nuts are spoiled with our specialty label albums and our iTunes, so we cry foul at two tracks for $25, when that is really only a piece of the pie.

Plus, I'm guessing that commissioning Horner to write that music wasn't cheap, hence the "inflated" price for 16 minutes or so of music. Now if his payment was getting to fly a Mustang, and he didn't charge them for his composing/conducting time, then this is just a profit gesture. Would they make more money if they charged a low price for a lot of people to buy, versus a high price for a few people to buy? I'm not sure. You'd think that individual releases would sell well, riding on the coattails of Avatar's popularity.

That being said, I am unsure as to whether I will buy this. I haven't listened to it yet.

Well considering that's probably what one would pay for a DVD release, plus postage, then it doesn't seem so high. I was under the impression, based on comments at FSM, that the music would be available separately for download.

Is anyone else really bugged by their phrase "The Horsemen Cometh"? Horsemen is a plural word. You can't use Cometh with that. It just looks and sounds ridiculous.

Is anyone else really bugged by their phrase "The Horsemen Cometh"? Horsemen is a plural word. You can't use Cometh with that. It just looks and sounds ridiculous.

com·eth

–verb Archaic .

3rd pers. sing. pres. indic. of come.

D'oh. And it's not even like they use "horsemen" as a singular plural word, like you can see "they were a proud people" or "their peoples were starving." The first sentence at the link in post 1 says "The Horsemen love searching the skies for tiny suspended moments of formation perfection."

Maybe they named the track in Engrish?