Which are your Top 10 Indiana Jones tracks?

Josh500

I remember when I was just starting and my collection was small, but I had all three (then) Indys, I did get burnt out on them for a while. Never happened again, though.

That can happen, yes. When the DCC version came out, not only were there unreleased tracks, but the sound quality was exponentially better than the Polydor CD. Nothing like a face-lift to freshen up an old favorite. To this day, tracks like "Reunion and the Dig Begins" (DCC) hold more appeal than "The Well of the Souls" (from the original release).

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That 90s ROTLA CD still sounds better to my ears than the current. The pitch problems are noticeable, there's too much hiss and it generally sounds like it's mixed way too loudly. The opening of the Map Room track on the new ROTLA CD is embarrassing. It sounds like a different take. The 90s CD is preferable.

Yeah, I remember when the Concord set came out, it was praised as a major improvement in sound quality over the DCC, but I frankly don't hear it.

With Raiders it's a trade off, with the Concord you do get a lot more hiss, but the instruments do sound clearer.

i like hiss, just not in a large amount, kind of like film grain, if you dont have it the picture looks fake/too smooth butif you have too much, it gets kinda smudgy or hard to see, but just a small amount is just right, hiss does just about the same thing, it keeps the music alive (to me anyway)

So tonight I got stood up by a date, and I got nothing better to do! Which are your top 10 Indiana Jones tracks (or cues) from all 4 movies?

The fate of being a film score fan ... :)

1. The End Credits from ToD

2. End Credits from KotCS

3. Flight from Peru

4. Fortune and Glory

5. Map Room/Dawn

6. Desert Chase

7. Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra

8. The Snake Pit

9. Slave Children's Crusade

10. The Penitent Man Will Pass

Now, on to more interesting matters: how did your date go?

Now, on to more interesting matters: how did your date go?

:lol:

Now it's not like I waited around for an hour and a half and she didn't show up! It's just that she canceled in advance because something came up.

But that's OK, I'll be seeing her next week! :)

That can happen, yes. When the DCC version came out, not only were there unreleased tracks, but the sound quality was exponentially better than the Polydor CD. Nothing like a face-lift to freshen up an old favorite. To this day, tracks like "Reunion and the Dig Begins" (DCC) hold more appeal than "The Well of the Souls" (from the original release).

That's one of my biggest regrets where film music and soundtracks are concerned.

I remember actually seeing the Raiders DCC edition on a store shelf back in the 90s, but didn't get it. I probably figured, this will keep, now I need a new Nintendo Gameboy game. What the hell was I thinking? But then, back then I wasn't as much of a JW fan as I later became. ;)

1. Bad Dates

2. A Whirl Through Academe

3. Anything Goes

4. Marcus is Captured

5. Indy Rides the Statue

6. Journey to Akator

7. The Snake Pit

8. The Canyon of the Crescent Moon

9. Leaving Coruscant

10. Water, Music and Tronaction

1. Bad Dates

2. A Whirl Through Academe

3. Anything Goes

4. Marcus is Captured

5. Indy Rides the Statue

6. Journey to Akator

7. The Snake Pit

8. The Canyon of the Crescent Moon

9. Leaving Coruscant

10. Water, Music and Tronaction

"leaving corusant" is indy music? an is water,music and tronaction the same as "Water!" from the TOD concord set? cuz if it is that is the track i hate the most of the all the indy music its just really annoying to me