What's this music?

I believe we don't have a dedicated thread for this yet, and whenever someone has a question like this, a new thread gets started. If I'm wrong, merge away.

For starters, I have to know what the first piece of music heard in the stream on Yamaha's Clavinova Site is.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, no clue.

I have 5 unknown tracks in my iTunes. I have no idea who composed them or what score they're from, but I love 'em. It happened when I made my switch over from PC to Mac, and I think a couple cues had the tags erased. Too bad I can't just upload them easily onto the forum.

Sorry, no clue.

I have 5 unknown tracks in my iTunes. I have no idea who composed them or what score they're from, but I love 'em. It happened when I made my switch over from PC to Mac, and I think a couple cues had the tags erased. Too bad I can't just upload them easily onto the forum.

You could upload them to YouTube.

Sorry, no clue.

If they are in fact copyrighted by a major label, YouTube just might be kind enough to identify the music for you, thus saving us the trouble. :cool:

I believe we don't have a dedicated thread for this yet, and whenever someone has a question like this, a new thread gets started. If I'm wrong, merge away.

For starters, I have to know what the first piece of music heard in the stream on Yamaha's Clavinova Site is.

It's the Liszt Consolation #3 in D flat.

Sorry, no clue.

I tried that, but don't know how. I was going to just record my speakers playing it through my webcam, but the sound was quiet and awful.

Sorry, no clue.

I tried that, but don't know how. I was going to just record my speakers playing it through my webcam, but the sound was quiet and awful.

You could just make them into a movie, using iMovie or something similar. Convert that to a Quicktime and then upload it to YouTube.

Are you Mac or PC?

Sorry, no clue.

Can't you just look at the file name?

Wouldn't the filenames be in that weird alphanumeric format, like KJ78BD2.mp3 or something? If the tags were cleared, you have to call the Mystery Machine van.

Are you Mac or PC?

Mac

Sorry, no clue.

Can't you just look at the file name?

iTunes organizes my music for me. If I change the track title, artist, or album in My Library, the file name will change also.

It's the Liszt Consolation #3 in D flat.

Awesome, thanks! My closest guess was Sibelius, but I don't even know if he's written anything for solo piano.

Yes he has, quite a bit actually.

And you're welcome.

Are you Mac or PC?

Mac

Afraid I can't help you much there then, but if you have access to a PC, Windows Movie Maker is really easy to use for simple stuff like this. You can basically just add a track, click "fit selection to music" and you're done.