Want some free soundtracks?

ChuckM

I hope this doesn't come across as being too spammy, but you all know that I'm a real poster. I'm posting this because I've tried it, and I know that it's a legitimate good deal.

It's called Swag Bucks. You just sign up and start using their search engine to make searches. As you search, you start to build up points (Swag Bucks), and then you redeem those points for prizes. They've got a ton of different stuff available, but the best deal is the Amazon.com gift cards - with which you can get free soundtracks (at least, that's what I've been using them for).

They also have special offers and whatnot that you can complete to gain points faster, but they are optional. Just using their search engine will work, so for really no effort at all you can start getting some extra soundtrack money.

I started using it about a month ago, and I've already redeemed $15 worth (three $5 cards). They've never asked me for a credit card or any other such secure info. All you need is an email address, and they don't spam you. No spyware either.

Anywho, I think this is a pretty cool deal, so I thought I'd share it. If you're interested in trying it, please use the link below (I'll get a few extra points for referrals).

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/ChuckMcKnight

Anyone else using this already?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd imagine they bring in plenty of money through the ads on their site. They also would bring in a lot more with the surveys and special offers for their members who chose to do them (thus why they are worth more points).

They are not the first to do this but I could never be arsed with the faffing about....this lot make it nice and easy and it just sits there in my search toolbar....no worries!

I am an Nigerian Prince, please send me money!

Has there recently a military coup in your country? Do I need to send you my bank details, my reward being a share of Royal Booty for helping to redistribute the precious Royal wealth safely in foreign accounts in order to keep it out of the hands of those who betrayed you and your family?

Would you dare sell haga to a slayer such as I? ;)

I was going to try this, but didn't like the toolbar...

Sorry to hear about that. There's been no such problem on my end. You shouldn't need to use the toolbar, though. You can just search straight from the site.

And to think I could have been that much closer to the 899,995 points required for a $5 gift card.

Only 450 actually. :beerchug:

Is there any catch? I'm worried that SwagBucks might send my address to solicitors like Amazon in return for the giftcards.

I Googled "swagbucks scam" I didn't see anything amiss. If you're unsure about something online, just search for "_____ scam."

I just got one! So are SB just assigned randomly when you search for stuff?

Also, I've never gotten an Amazon giftcard before. Can it be used to buy used products from seperate sellers, or do you have to use it to buy stuff from Amazon's own warehouse?

Also, I've never gotten an Amazon giftcard before. Can it be used to buy used products from seperate sellers, or do you have to use it to buy stuff from Amazon's own warehouse?

I can't be certain, but it'll say before you place the order whether you want to redeem a code. I've never used an Amazon card that I physically received, but for the pre-order stuff and other promotions, they add the money straight into your account so it's automatically used on whatever you buy next.

I just got one! So are SB just assigned randomly when you search for stuff?

Yes, it seems to be a random draw every time you search.

There are different ways to use the gift card, but here is how I do it.

Go to "Your Account" then "Apply a Gift Certificate/Card to Your Account." From there, you will be asked to confirm your password, then you will enter the code given as the gift card.

$5 (or whatever ammount you received) will then be credited to your Amazon.com account which can be used for anything including the Amazon marketplace (individual sellers).

Yep. Assuming you add the gift cards the way I described, anyway. I'm not positive how it works if you just apply it to a single purchase. But if you add the gift cards to your balance like this, they will just keep stacking up until you decide to spend them. And after your purchase you will still have the remainder left over in your account.

• 2 weeks later...

About how long after an order is verified does it take to receive the gift card? I figured since it's an e-gift card they would just send an email pretty shortly after verification.

• 5 weeks later...

I am up to 1030 swagbucks. One third of the way to the $25 Amazon card. Took me roughly 50 days to amass this. So roughly 150 days means it will take a total of 5 months to earn an Amazon gift card.

Or you could just get an Amazon credit card and earn points on everything you buy, which will amass to $25 gift cards.

Have that already. :D It is pretty great.

I am up to 1030 swagbucks. One third of the way to the $25 Amazon card. Took me roughly 50 days to amass this. So roughly 150 days means it will take a total of 5 months to earn an Amazon gift card.

You may want to rethink this. If you spend 3,150 SB on a $25 gift card, you spend 126 SB per dollar on Amazon. If you buy five $5 gift cards, you only spend 90 SB per dollar. Buying five $5 giftcards seems to be the better option, especially if you can load all of these giftcards onto Amazon at once.

Geez, you're right! What the hell was I thinking? I didn't do the math, I just figured a larger value card would be rewarded to anyone patient enough to stick with it longer.

Time to go cash in!

You actually get a much better deal to get the $5 cards for 450 swagbucks. The $25 cards are 3150 swagbucks. You can get 7 $5 cards for that.

Edit: Didn't read the second page before posting.

• 6 months later...

I'd like to bump this in case anybody missed out on this thread. I'm still loving Swagbucks - in a week or so I'll have recieved my 5th $5 Amazon giftcard, which is pretty impressive considering I haven't spent a penny on SB. Not only that, but now SB is offering coupons to common groceries. I saved a few dollars at my local grocery store, and in return, SB will give me 30 swagbucks. It's not much on either end but, like everything on Swagbucks, it'll add up.

Hahah.. I still do this too. Haven't spent a cent either, and it takes me about a month to get a $5 gift card. I just do a little searching each day to trigger the swagbucks and then I do the daily poll. Those seem like the easiest way.

I'll try this again. So I just go to SwagBucks.com and start searching away? Sounds simple enough.

Okay, registered and got 30 swagbucks. Then searched David Fincher and got another 20. How else can you earn them besides at random while searching?

Which strategies do you typically use, Chuck? I've found a lot of them to require a lot of time with not enough yield.

Also, have any of you had luck getting swag bucks more than once a day with the search engine? I've found that once is it per 24 hour period.