BurgaFlippinMan

The Photography Thread

33 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

What's in the box, Bil? What's in the box. What's in the fucking box?!

A camera lens. 

I also bought a coffee mug

DA731D63-1D98-4B8D-B7DC-926FDFEB96D8.jpeg

2 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

"Bubbles"?

John O’Dwyer. Apparently he’s called Bubbles after Michael Jackson’s chimp 😂

2 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Hurling must be a very manly sport.

He went up for a high ball and his head got sandwiched between two players. I’d say he was out cold before he hit the ground. Left the field in a neck brace on  stretcher but thankfully is awake and alert. 

It was €25 so I won’t be doing them too often 😂

maybe it’s not very artistic but I’m going to get it signed in gold sharpie by the hurler being tackled. 

I spend most of my free time going to hurling matches ah it made sense to marry the two passions. 

I m trying to make an effort to make sure I photograph more than just sports though. I’m looking forward to documenting my sisters wedding later next month and I’m going to Belfast in April. I would like to do some more landscape and try some more street photography too. 

A photo of Macclesfield Town v Exeter City from last Saturday.  Macclesfield's Moss Rose ground in Cheshire lies just to the west of the Peak District National Park.  The tower on the hill in the background is Sutton Common BT Tower, one of fourteen telecommunications towers built of reinforced concrete in the 1950s to maintain communications in the event of a nuclear war.

146E54AA-A4DD-4DFC-BFDF-01661055B1DA.jpeg

My city is surrounded by some mountains, and when we have a rainy weather, the clouds touch the mountains, and is pretty beautiful. It always remind me of Horner's poetic music for the first minute of The River Crossing to Stalingrad, and parts of House of Sand and Fog.

UXEZ17iY16MPfdOJTDilxjGrWeUgVoiChMbv8YwN

So apparently I’m getting gifted an old film camera and some lenses. Have no details beyond that but should be getting them this weekend hopefully.